Sex and the City 3: Will the Plot Involve Carrie Divorcing Big?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 22, 2014 9:37 PM EST
After a successful six year run on television and two movies, fans are still craving for another dose of “Sex and the City,” and director Michael Patrick King recently hinted that a third instalment of the movie might be in the offing.
America's CW network has ordered a pilot for a prequel series to Sex And The City
Talking to Entertainment Weekly, King said that there might be one last story to tell.
"That doesn't mean it will or should be told, but I do think there's one story left. Whether it ever happens is a whole other situation. But there's four girls, and those girls are still in my mind,” King said.
Sarah Jessica Parker, who essays the role of Carrie Bradshaw in the series, told InStyle magazine last month that a third movie featuring her along with Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon might be in the offing.
"A part of me thinks there is one last chapter to tell," Parker told InStyle magazine. "But timing is a peculiar thing. It isn't a decision that can wait for ever. I don't want to have to wear muumuus!”
Up until recently, Cattrall was reportedly unsure of reprising her role as the sensuous Samantha. But she is said to have given the thumbs up earlier this week saying, "If Michael Patrick King is writing the sequel, and Sarah Jessica Parker is starring in it, sure!" The Guardian reported.
Although the story is yet to be written, here is a plot that is sure to draw audience -- Carrie divorcing Big.
Carrie fans wept with her when the flighty Big left her standing at the alter, and they rejoiced when the wedding finally took place. But last year, Candace Bushnell, the author of Sex and the City" and the prequel "The Carrie Diaries,” said that in real life Carrie wouldn’t have become Mrs. Big.
And, if by any chance the marriage took place, then it wouldn’t survive.
"In real life, I don’t think women end up with that character, and if they do, they usually get divorced after a year," Bushnell said, according to CNN Entertainment.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims