Sex and the City 3: Will the Plot Involve Carrie Divorcing Big?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 22, 2014 9:37 PM EST
After a successful six year run on television and two movies, fans are still craving for another dose of “Sex and the City,” and director Michael Patrick King recently hinted that a third instalment of the movie might be in the offing.
America's CW network has ordered a pilot for a prequel series to Sex And The City
Talking to Entertainment Weekly, King said that there might be one last story to tell.
"That doesn't mean it will or should be told, but I do think there's one story left. Whether it ever happens is a whole other situation. But there's four girls, and those girls are still in my mind,” King said.
Sarah Jessica Parker, who essays the role of Carrie Bradshaw in the series, told InStyle magazine last month that a third movie featuring her along with Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon might be in the offing.
"A part of me thinks there is one last chapter to tell," Parker told InStyle magazine. "But timing is a peculiar thing. It isn't a decision that can wait for ever. I don't want to have to wear muumuus!”
Up until recently, Cattrall was reportedly unsure of reprising her role as the sensuous Samantha. But she is said to have given the thumbs up earlier this week saying, "If Michael Patrick King is writing the sequel, and Sarah Jessica Parker is starring in it, sure!" The Guardian reported.
Although the story is yet to be written, here is a plot that is sure to draw audience -- Carrie divorcing Big.
Carrie fans wept with her when the flighty Big left her standing at the alter, and they rejoiced when the wedding finally took place. But last year, Candace Bushnell, the author of Sex and the City" and the prequel "The Carrie Diaries,” said that in real life Carrie wouldn’t have become Mrs. Big.
And, if by any chance the marriage took place, then it wouldn’t survive.
"In real life, I don’t think women end up with that character, and if they do, they usually get divorced after a year," Bushnell said, according to CNN Entertainment.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Charlie Hunnam Gushes Over Co-star Maggie Siff, Says He Is Most Proud of Jax, Tara's Relationship [VIDEO}
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October