Sex and the City 3: Will the Plot Involve Carrie Divorcing Big?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 22, 2014 9:37 PM EST
After a successful six year run on television and two movies, fans are still craving for another dose of “Sex and the City,” and director Michael Patrick King recently hinted that a third instalment of the movie might be in the offing.
America's CW network has ordered a pilot for a prequel series to Sex And The City
Talking to Entertainment Weekly, King said that there might be one last story to tell.
"That doesn't mean it will or should be told, but I do think there's one story left. Whether it ever happens is a whole other situation. But there's four girls, and those girls are still in my mind,” King said.
Sarah Jessica Parker, who essays the role of Carrie Bradshaw in the series, told InStyle magazine last month that a third movie featuring her along with Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon might be in the offing.
"A part of me thinks there is one last chapter to tell," Parker told InStyle magazine. "But timing is a peculiar thing. It isn't a decision that can wait for ever. I don't want to have to wear muumuus!”
Up until recently, Cattrall was reportedly unsure of reprising her role as the sensuous Samantha. But she is said to have given the thumbs up earlier this week saying, "If Michael Patrick King is writing the sequel, and Sarah Jessica Parker is starring in it, sure!" The Guardian reported.
Although the story is yet to be written, here is a plot that is sure to draw audience -- Carrie divorcing Big.
Carrie fans wept with her when the flighty Big left her standing at the alter, and they rejoiced when the wedding finally took place. But last year, Candace Bushnell, the author of Sex and the City" and the prequel "The Carrie Diaries,” said that in real life Carrie wouldn’t have become Mrs. Big.
And, if by any chance the marriage took place, then it wouldn’t survive.
"In real life, I don’t think women end up with that character, and if they do, they usually get divorced after a year," Bushnell said, according to CNN Entertainment.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown