Sex and the City 3: Will the Plot Involve Carrie Divorcing Big?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 22, 2014 9:37 PM EST
After a successful six year run on television and two movies, fans are still craving for another dose of “Sex and the City,” and director Michael Patrick King recently hinted that a third instalment of the movie might be in the offing.
America's CW network has ordered a pilot for a prequel series to Sex And The City
Talking to Entertainment Weekly, King said that there might be one last story to tell.
"That doesn't mean it will or should be told, but I do think there's one story left. Whether it ever happens is a whole other situation. But there's four girls, and those girls are still in my mind,” King said.
Sarah Jessica Parker, who essays the role of Carrie Bradshaw in the series, told InStyle magazine last month that a third movie featuring her along with Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon might be in the offing.
"A part of me thinks there is one last chapter to tell," Parker told InStyle magazine. "But timing is a peculiar thing. It isn't a decision that can wait for ever. I don't want to have to wear muumuus!”
Up until recently, Cattrall was reportedly unsure of reprising her role as the sensuous Samantha. But she is said to have given the thumbs up earlier this week saying, "If Michael Patrick King is writing the sequel, and Sarah Jessica Parker is starring in it, sure!" The Guardian reported.
Although the story is yet to be written, here is a plot that is sure to draw audience -- Carrie divorcing Big.
Carrie fans wept with her when the flighty Big left her standing at the alter, and they rejoiced when the wedding finally took place. But last year, Candace Bushnell, the author of Sex and the City" and the prequel "The Carrie Diaries,” said that in real life Carrie wouldn’t have become Mrs. Big.
And, if by any chance the marriage took place, then it wouldn’t survive.
"In real life, I don’t think women end up with that character, and if they do, they usually get divorced after a year," Bushnell said, according to CNN Entertainment.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales