Sex and the City 3: Will the Plot Involve Carrie Divorcing Big?
By Keerthi Mohan | February 22, 2014 9:37 PM EST
After a successful six year run on television and two movies, fans are still craving for another dose of “Sex and the City,” and director Michael Patrick King recently hinted that a third instalment of the movie might be in the offing.
America's CW network has ordered a pilot for a prequel series to Sex And The City
Talking to Entertainment Weekly, King said that there might be one last story to tell.
"That doesn't mean it will or should be told, but I do think there's one story left. Whether it ever happens is a whole other situation. But there's four girls, and those girls are still in my mind,” King said.
Sarah Jessica Parker, who essays the role of Carrie Bradshaw in the series, told InStyle magazine last month that a third movie featuring her along with Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon might be in the offing.
"A part of me thinks there is one last chapter to tell," Parker told InStyle magazine. "But timing is a peculiar thing. It isn't a decision that can wait for ever. I don't want to have to wear muumuus!”
Up until recently, Cattrall was reportedly unsure of reprising her role as the sensuous Samantha. But she is said to have given the thumbs up earlier this week saying, "If Michael Patrick King is writing the sequel, and Sarah Jessica Parker is starring in it, sure!" The Guardian reported.
Although the story is yet to be written, here is a plot that is sure to draw audience -- Carrie divorcing Big.
Carrie fans wept with her when the flighty Big left her standing at the alter, and they rejoiced when the wedding finally took place. But last year, Candace Bushnell, the author of Sex and the City" and the prequel "The Carrie Diaries,” said that in real life Carrie wouldn’t have become Mrs. Big.
And, if by any chance the marriage took place, then it wouldn’t survive.
"In real life, I don’t think women end up with that character, and if they do, they usually get divorced after a year," Bushnell said, according to CNN Entertainment.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase