Hyundai 2015 i20 Spied Testing Again
By greeshma m | February 22, 2014 9:36 PM EST
The images of Korean auto Major Hyundai's new gen 2015 i20 hit the web again, fuelling the speculations that the car will see its launch in the domestic market in near future.
Senior executives of Hyundai Motors India Limited (HMIL) pose with Hyundai's Santa Fe car during its launch at the Auto Expo in Greater Noida on the outskirts of New Delhi on February 5, 2014.
Thanks to the folks at Motoroids the new i20 is rumoured to make its first appearance at the 2014 Paris Motor Show which is scheduled for September 2014.The India launch of the car is also expected to happen around the same time.
Codenamed "IB", it is believed to be one of the 22 cars that the company plans to launch under the 'Product Momentum 2017′ badge in the next three years. Although the details and specifications of the new i20 is scanty at this point, reports suggested that the India bound version of the new car would come with 1.4-liter diesel and 1.2-liter Kappa2 engine mated to either a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed manual transmissions. The car is likely to pack slew of changes including in the headlight, taillight and bumper.
Earlier last week, the spy shots of Hyundai's compact SUV ix25 surfaced online. Based on Hyundai's next-generation i20, the new SUV ix25 is likely to be positioned under the ix35 and is expected to make its global debut at the upcoming Beijing Motor Show which is scheduled to be held in April. The car flaunts Hyundai Curb Concept and is reported to have a wheelbase of 2,570 mm. Under the hood, the car is likely to be powered by from 1.0 litre, direct injection, turbocharged petrol engine. The images of the SUV ix25 revealed that the car is likely to accommodate decent legroom at the rear, adjustable headrests and rear air con vents.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date