Alia Bhatt Replacing Kareena Kapoor as Karan Johar’s Favourite?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 22, 2014 9:26 PM EST
Filmmaker Karan Johar has off late been dotting on Alia Bhatt, just as reports of feud between him and Kareena Kapoor are rife.
Alia Bhatt will pair up with Arjun Kapoor in '2 States'
Johar launched Alia on his glamorous "Student of the Year," presenting the actress as the next big thing in the industry.
And now the filmmaker is seen standing tall as he tweeted: "I felt like a proud Parent when I saw #Highway...Alia Bhatt is exceptional!!!" lauding the starlet's performance in her second release.
While the film maker's affection towards Alia Bhatt may sound normal, it can be contemplated whether the young actress has already substituted Kareena as the director's favourite heroine.
For starters, there are reports of discord between Johar and Kareena with respect to the "Shuddhi" fiasco. The director had recently stated that the cast of the film will be announced soon, signaling that Bebo might no longer be associated with the project, which until recently she was quite excited about.
On the other hand, Alia is all geared up for her third release "2 States," which incidentally has Johar as one of the producers. It is well known that the filmmaker had strongly recommended the actress for the role of the south Indian girl in the film. And indeed the first look of the film justifies the choice.
In "Koffee with Karan," the director had invited Kareena along with cousin Ranbir. The episode hovered dominantly over Ranbir and Katrina's romance and the "Heroine' actress seemed to be present only to affirm the relationship.
Meanwhile, the young starlet appeared with her "SOTY" costars Sidharth Malhotra and Varun Malhotra in one episode and was invited yet again to share the couch with contemporary Parineeti Chopra. The demand for the young actress surely seems to be rising in leaps and bounds and Johar has proved the same.
While Johar has famously referred to Kareena as 'the sibling he never had' it can also be pointed that the director has often highlighted Alia as the budding Kareena after the "Highway' actress referred to the latter as her idol.
It can also be noted that the Begum of Pataudi is not in her best shape career wise. She has delivered several flops in a row, the latest dud being Johar produced "Gori Tere Pyaar Mein." As opposed to the actress, Alia's career looks bright and bankable.
And the film maker is evidently backing up Alia's rapid growth. After all, the actress has been recorded saying openly that she trusts the filmmaker blindly and values his suggestions with respect to the choice of films.
With such developments, it can only be justified that Alia has surpassed Kareena as Karan Johar's new favourite.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools