Yamaha's Two Wheeler Prices Slashed by up to ₹3,066
By greeshma m | February 22, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Yamaha Motor India announced a price cut across all its models in the country, following the announcement of excise duty reduction in the interim budget by the Finance Minister.
Yamaha Launches Ray Z Scooter in India at ₹ 48,555
The quantum of the price cut ranges from ₹1,033 to ₹3,066 depending on the model.
"The company has decided to pass on the differential amount to the dealers on their existing as well as transit stock in order to enable them to immediately extend 100 per cent benefit to the customers," Yamaha Motor India Sales said in a statement.
Currently, Yamaha sells Alpha, Ray Z and Ray in the scooter segment and, including YBR110, FZ16 and YZF R15 in the motorcycle segment.
Commenting on the same, Yamaha Motor India Sales Vice President - Sales & Marketing, Roy Kurian told PTI: "The announcement from the Finance Minister comes at a very opportune time when the sentiments are high right after the Auto Expo and the industry is seeing an upward trend. We are glad to be passing on the entire benefit to our customers by creating a favourable arrangement with our dealers."
Beside Yamaha,Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) and Hero MotoCorp also announced a price cut for its models. With the latest price cut, Honda's Dream Neo 110cc bike, which is currently priced at ₹43,150 and ₹47,289, will become cheaper by ₹1,600. While the company's CBR250R will benefit a reduction of up to ₹7,600, Hero's bikes like Karizma ZMR, Impulse, Splendor and Glamour will get a price cut of up to ₹4,500.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 To Boost Telstra’s Income By $500 Million
- Smaller Australian Telcos Required To Have Usage Alert For Customers To Avoid Phone Bill Shock
- Addiction Rehabilitation Leader BioCorRx, Inc. Participates In San Francisco’s eMoneyShow
- BlackBerry to Host ‘See The Bigger Picture’ Event in London, Dubai & Toronto on Sep 24
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display