Yamaha's Two Wheeler Prices Slashed by up to ₹3,066
By greeshma m | February 22, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Yamaha Motor India announced a price cut across all its models in the country, following the announcement of excise duty reduction in the interim budget by the Finance Minister.
Yamaha Launches Ray Z Scooter in India at ₹ 48,555
The quantum of the price cut ranges from ₹1,033 to ₹3,066 depending on the model.
"The company has decided to pass on the differential amount to the dealers on their existing as well as transit stock in order to enable them to immediately extend 100 per cent benefit to the customers," Yamaha Motor India Sales said in a statement.
Currently, Yamaha sells Alpha, Ray Z and Ray in the scooter segment and, including YBR110, FZ16 and YZF R15 in the motorcycle segment.
Commenting on the same, Yamaha Motor India Sales Vice President - Sales & Marketing, Roy Kurian told PTI: "The announcement from the Finance Minister comes at a very opportune time when the sentiments are high right after the Auto Expo and the industry is seeing an upward trend. We are glad to be passing on the entire benefit to our customers by creating a favourable arrangement with our dealers."
Beside Yamaha,Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) and Hero MotoCorp also announced a price cut for its models. With the latest price cut, Honda's Dream Neo 110cc bike, which is currently priced at ₹43,150 and ₹47,289, will become cheaper by ₹1,600. While the company's CBR250R will benefit a reduction of up to ₹7,600, Hero's bikes like Karizma ZMR, Impulse, Splendor and Glamour will get a price cut of up to ₹4,500.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop