Yamaha's Two Wheeler Prices Slashed by up to ₹3,066
By greeshma m | February 22, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Yamaha Motor India announced a price cut across all its models in the country, following the announcement of excise duty reduction in the interim budget by the Finance Minister.
Yamaha Launches Ray Z Scooter in India at ₹ 48,555
The quantum of the price cut ranges from ₹1,033 to ₹3,066 depending on the model.
"The company has decided to pass on the differential amount to the dealers on their existing as well as transit stock in order to enable them to immediately extend 100 per cent benefit to the customers," Yamaha Motor India Sales said in a statement.
Currently, Yamaha sells Alpha, Ray Z and Ray in the scooter segment and, including YBR110, FZ16 and YZF R15 in the motorcycle segment.
Commenting on the same, Yamaha Motor India Sales Vice President - Sales & Marketing, Roy Kurian told PTI: "The announcement from the Finance Minister comes at a very opportune time when the sentiments are high right after the Auto Expo and the industry is seeing an upward trend. We are glad to be passing on the entire benefit to our customers by creating a favourable arrangement with our dealers."
Beside Yamaha,Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) and Hero MotoCorp also announced a price cut for its models. With the latest price cut, Honda's Dream Neo 110cc bike, which is currently priced at ₹43,150 and ₹47,289, will become cheaper by ₹1,600. While the company's CBR250R will benefit a reduction of up to ₹7,600, Hero's bikes like Karizma ZMR, Impulse, Splendor and Glamour will get a price cut of up to ₹4,500.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2