Yamaha's Two Wheeler Prices Slashed by up to ₹3,066
By greeshma m | February 22, 2014 9:08 PM EST
Yamaha Motor India announced a price cut across all its models in the country, following the announcement of excise duty reduction in the interim budget by the Finance Minister.
Yamaha Launches Ray Z Scooter in India at ₹ 48,555
The quantum of the price cut ranges from ₹1,033 to ₹3,066 depending on the model.
"The company has decided to pass on the differential amount to the dealers on their existing as well as transit stock in order to enable them to immediately extend 100 per cent benefit to the customers," Yamaha Motor India Sales said in a statement.
Currently, Yamaha sells Alpha, Ray Z and Ray in the scooter segment and, including YBR110, FZ16 and YZF R15 in the motorcycle segment.
Commenting on the same, Yamaha Motor India Sales Vice President - Sales & Marketing, Roy Kurian told PTI: "The announcement from the Finance Minister comes at a very opportune time when the sentiments are high right after the Auto Expo and the industry is seeing an upward trend. We are glad to be passing on the entire benefit to our customers by creating a favourable arrangement with our dealers."
Beside Yamaha,Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) and Hero MotoCorp also announced a price cut for its models. With the latest price cut, Honda's Dream Neo 110cc bike, which is currently priced at ₹43,150 and ₹47,289, will become cheaper by ₹1,600. While the company's CBR250R will benefit a reduction of up to ₹7,600, Hero's bikes like Karizma ZMR, Impulse, Splendor and Glamour will get a price cut of up to ₹4,500.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools