Kerala Strikers' Team Members Forced to Deplane for Alleged Misbehaviour with Airline Crew
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 22, 2014 7:11 PM EST
The 30-member Kerala Strikers team, taking part in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL 4), was forced to deplane at the Kochi airport on Friday, due to alleged misbehaviour with the airline crew.
Kerala Strikers Team (Kerala Strikers Official Facebook Fan Page)
Kerala Strikers is one of the four CCL teams playing the semi finals match to be held on 22 February in Hyderabad. The team members had boarded the Hyderabad-bound Indigo Airlines flight 6E-314, which was scheduled to depart at 1 p.m. on Friday.
However, the pilot had to abandon the take off after an air hostess complained that some members of the Kerala Strikers team has misbehaved in the flight. A spokesperson for the airlines said that the team members laughed and clapped as the air hostess was giving out safety instructions which caused disruption to other passengers in the flight, reported The Hindu.
In the wake of the incident, the 30-member team including film and TV actors was asked to disembark from the plane along with their baggage. The flight later took off at 2.33 p.m. and landed in Hyderabad at 3.44 p.m.
Kerala Strikers team manager Edavela Babu had denied the alleged misbehaviour of the team members. "The airline is our travel partner and we have been taking their flights throughout the series. On all these flights, we cheered for the captain and flight crew before the plane took off. That's all that happened this time too," the daily quoted Babu.
The team has filed a complaint with the Nedumbassery police, stating that they have done nothing wrong and they were wrongly offloaded from the flight. Later in the day, the team members took separate flights to Hyderabad as they will be playing a match today (Saturday).
The Kerala Strikers team, which has performed well in the ongoing CCL 4, will be facing Bhojopuri Dabanggs in the first semi final match to be held in Hyderabad. The team will be hoping to win the match and enter the finals to be played on 23 February.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’