Kerala Strikers' Team Members Forced to Deplane for Alleged Misbehaviour with Airline Crew
By sangeetha seshagiri | February 22, 2014 7:11 PM EST
The 30-member Kerala Strikers team, taking part in the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL 4), was forced to deplane at the Kochi airport on Friday, due to alleged misbehaviour with the airline crew.
Kerala Strikers Team (Kerala Strikers Official Facebook Fan Page)
Kerala Strikers is one of the four CCL teams playing the semi finals match to be held on 22 February in Hyderabad. The team members had boarded the Hyderabad-bound Indigo Airlines flight 6E-314, which was scheduled to depart at 1 p.m. on Friday.
However, the pilot had to abandon the take off after an air hostess complained that some members of the Kerala Strikers team has misbehaved in the flight. A spokesperson for the airlines said that the team members laughed and clapped as the air hostess was giving out safety instructions which caused disruption to other passengers in the flight, reported The Hindu.
In the wake of the incident, the 30-member team including film and TV actors was asked to disembark from the plane along with their baggage. The flight later took off at 2.33 p.m. and landed in Hyderabad at 3.44 p.m.
Kerala Strikers team manager Edavela Babu had denied the alleged misbehaviour of the team members. "The airline is our travel partner and we have been taking their flights throughout the series. On all these flights, we cheered for the captain and flight crew before the plane took off. That's all that happened this time too," the daily quoted Babu.
The team has filed a complaint with the Nedumbassery police, stating that they have done nothing wrong and they were wrongly offloaded from the flight. Later in the day, the team members took separate flights to Hyderabad as they will be playing a match today (Saturday).
The Kerala Strikers team, which has performed well in the ongoing CCL 4, will be facing Bhojopuri Dabanggs in the first semi final match to be held in Hyderabad. The team will be hoping to win the match and enter the finals to be played on 23 February.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- Jennifer Lopez And Iggy Azalea Show Off Their Incredible Bodies In Risqué Artwork Of 'Booty' Remix
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Fast and Furious’ 7 New Car Revealed To Be a Humvee
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge