Why are Priyanka and Parineeti Avoiding Newcomer Cousin Meera Chopra?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 22, 2014 7:01 PM EST
Both Priyanka and Parineeti Chopra have made their mark in the industry, but now as their cousin Meera is set for her Bollywood debut, there is little interest from the famous sisters.
Priyanka Chopra at 59th Idea Filmfare Awards
Newcomer Meera Chopra, will soon be seen in the upcoming ghost-comedy "Gang of Ghosts." Directed by Satish Kaushik, the multi starrer film's trailer has found a following with over six lakh hits within 10 days.
Not many know that Meera is a distant cousin of famous actresses Priyanka and Parineeti.
Priyanka has always been upfront about her cousins and expressed delight on her extended family joining the industry, which she believes would only add to the 'Chopra clan.'
The "Gunday" actress lovingly refers to younger cousin Parineeti as Tish and has often been recorded showering praises on the actress' work and her tremendous growth in a short span.
She was even seen excitedly gushing about Barbie Handa, another cousin, who will soon be seen in Anubhav Sinha's project. However, Meera who has worked in Tollywood, hasn't received a warm welcome from the established actress yet.
Even though Priyanka had once said that she would like to guide her cousins, since she started out alone and had no one to guide her, the 31-year-old has stayed quiet about Meera.
The actress who is usually seen cheering and backing friends on social media platforms has not once spoken about the "Gang of Ghost" actress, which is strange considering the trailer of Meera's film was even attached with her latest release in theatres.
On the other hand, Parineeti has altogether denied any direct involvement with Meera.
"Meera is not my cousin. She is a cousin's cousin's cousin. We don't even meet and talk. So she is not really my family," The Hindustan Times quoted the "Hasse Toh Phasee" actress.
However, Bollywood Life has hinted at the strained relationship between the trio.
According to the website, Meera had previously been dragged into a legal case involving the murder of a woman named Ruchi Bhuttan. It was alleged that the actress was in a relationship with the woman's husband and her name featured in the Delhi police's wanted list.
Looks like the controversial development in Meera's life has been the reason behind Priyanka and Parineeti maintaining a distance from her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports