Why are Priyanka and Parineeti Avoiding Newcomer Cousin Meera Chopra?
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 22, 2014 7:01 PM EST
Both Priyanka and Parineeti Chopra have made their mark in the industry, but now as their cousin Meera is set for her Bollywood debut, there is little interest from the famous sisters.
Priyanka Chopra at 59th Idea Filmfare Awards
Newcomer Meera Chopra, will soon be seen in the upcoming ghost-comedy "Gang of Ghosts." Directed by Satish Kaushik, the multi starrer film's trailer has found a following with over six lakh hits within 10 days.
Not many know that Meera is a distant cousin of famous actresses Priyanka and Parineeti.
Priyanka has always been upfront about her cousins and expressed delight on her extended family joining the industry, which she believes would only add to the 'Chopra clan.'
The "Gunday" actress lovingly refers to younger cousin Parineeti as Tish and has often been recorded showering praises on the actress' work and her tremendous growth in a short span.
She was even seen excitedly gushing about Barbie Handa, another cousin, who will soon be seen in Anubhav Sinha's project. However, Meera who has worked in Tollywood, hasn't received a warm welcome from the established actress yet.
Even though Priyanka had once said that she would like to guide her cousins, since she started out alone and had no one to guide her, the 31-year-old has stayed quiet about Meera.
The actress who is usually seen cheering and backing friends on social media platforms has not once spoken about the "Gang of Ghost" actress, which is strange considering the trailer of Meera's film was even attached with her latest release in theatres.
On the other hand, Parineeti has altogether denied any direct involvement with Meera.
"Meera is not my cousin. She is a cousin's cousin's cousin. We don't even meet and talk. So she is not really my family," The Hindustan Times quoted the "Hasse Toh Phasee" actress.
However, Bollywood Life has hinted at the strained relationship between the trio.
According to the website, Meera had previously been dragged into a legal case involving the murder of a woman named Ruchi Bhuttan. It was alleged that the actress was in a relationship with the woman's husband and her name featured in the Delhi police's wanted list.
Looks like the controversial development in Meera's life has been the reason behind Priyanka and Parineeti maintaining a distance from her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage