Christina Aguilera: Engaged with Matthew Rutler, Expecting New Baby and Special Collaboration
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 22, 2014 4:47 AM EST
Christina Aguilera getting engaged on Valentine's Day with longtime boyfriend Matthew Rutler seemed to capture the public's attention as it was right on cue to the most romantic day of the year. But now The Voice coach is expecting to have a new baby, and maybe even collaboration with a band!
Musician Christina Aguilera arrives at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles CREDIT: REUTERS
The news of Aguilera and Rutler engagement was shared by Christina on Twitter, flaunting her hand with an engagement ring on her finger. Christina met Rutler on the shoot of the 2010 Burlesque movie where he worked as production assistant.
Us Weekly first reported that Christina has news to share. The Voice coach will be having baby no. 2, which will be her first baby to Matthew Rutler.
"I don't know what their plans are," Kathleen Rutler, mother of Matthew Rutler and soon-to-be-grandma told InTouch when asked if the couple would move from the West Coast in the near future. "But when you have a baby, you're not planning on moving anywhere anytime soon!"
The newly engaged couple lives in a mansion at Mulholland Estates in Los Angeles, which Christina bought for $10 million in 2013.
With The Voice still on her schedule, Christina appears that she would soon be juggling time as she, once again, go through pregnancy. It was only fortunate that the coach already has experience on being a mother. Christina's first baby was named Max, six years old, with Jordan Bratman. The ex-couple had divorce, which was finalized in 2011.
Aside from The Voice, MTV reported that Ian and Chad of A Great Big World received news of a collaboration. Christina and A Great Big World might be collaborating, again, for a new version of "Say Something".
"Recording with Christina Aguilera was a huge, surreal experience because she's Christina Aguilera," Chad told MTV News. "I felt like we both grew, like, tremendously after that."
"Because we'd never worked with someone who's had that much success and who's done as many things as she has, we were kind of thrust into this and we didn't feel comfortable yet," Ian said.
Christina Aguilera sure has her hands full. Christina and Rutler do not confirm anything about where they would be living or if they have made any wedding plans yet. But two things are confirmed. Christina Aguilera is having a new baby and she will be getting married, soon! That would bring double celebration and double congratulations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar