Christina Aguilera: Engaged with Matthew Rutler, Expecting New Baby and Special Collaboration
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 22, 2014 4:47 AM EST
Christina Aguilera getting engaged on Valentine's Day with longtime boyfriend Matthew Rutler seemed to capture the public's attention as it was right on cue to the most romantic day of the year. But now The Voice coach is expecting to have a new baby, and maybe even collaboration with a band!
Musician Christina Aguilera arrives at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles CREDIT: REUTERS
The news of Aguilera and Rutler engagement was shared by Christina on Twitter, flaunting her hand with an engagement ring on her finger. Christina met Rutler on the shoot of the 2010 Burlesque movie where he worked as production assistant.
Us Weekly first reported that Christina has news to share. The Voice coach will be having baby no. 2, which will be her first baby to Matthew Rutler.
"I don't know what their plans are," Kathleen Rutler, mother of Matthew Rutler and soon-to-be-grandma told InTouch when asked if the couple would move from the West Coast in the near future. "But when you have a baby, you're not planning on moving anywhere anytime soon!"
The newly engaged couple lives in a mansion at Mulholland Estates in Los Angeles, which Christina bought for $10 million in 2013.
With The Voice still on her schedule, Christina appears that she would soon be juggling time as she, once again, go through pregnancy. It was only fortunate that the coach already has experience on being a mother. Christina's first baby was named Max, six years old, with Jordan Bratman. The ex-couple had divorce, which was finalized in 2011.
Aside from The Voice, MTV reported that Ian and Chad of A Great Big World received news of a collaboration. Christina and A Great Big World might be collaborating, again, for a new version of "Say Something".
"Recording with Christina Aguilera was a huge, surreal experience because she's Christina Aguilera," Chad told MTV News. "I felt like we both grew, like, tremendously after that."
"Because we'd never worked with someone who's had that much success and who's done as many things as she has, we were kind of thrust into this and we didn't feel comfortable yet," Ian said.
Christina Aguilera sure has her hands full. Christina and Rutler do not confirm anything about where they would be living or if they have made any wedding plans yet. But two things are confirmed. Christina Aguilera is having a new baby and she will be getting married, soon! That would bring double celebration and double congratulations.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop