LG's Soon-To-Debut Mid-Range G2 Mini May Not Be 'Mini' At All
By Judith Aparri | February 21, 2014 11:55 PM EST
Why will Apple be launching two bigger iPhones this year? At present, the market is ever-changing. Some users prefer the bigger versions compared to their smaller counterparts. Another trend is that developers create new "mini" versions of the bigger phones and keep their features in small devices.
LG is the recent vendor who announced a smaller version of its flagship phone. With this, there is so much to learn about its product in the Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain next week.
LG G2 Mini is the compact version of the company's flagship model G2. It shrinks from 5.2-inch G2 to 4.7-inch Mini, a size reduction suffiecient for a "mini" version. GSMinfo.nl reported G2 Mini highlights a smaller footprint. It also skimps on other specs to hit a cheaper price point. The public expect to hear from the Korean phonemaker pricing details in the MWC event next week.
The G2 mini has made compromises eschewing the great Snapdragon 800 processor for a choice between Nvidia Tegra 4i or Snapdragon 400. It did drop to a screen resolution of 540 x 960.
One of the specs to be featured by G2 Mini is the 4.7-inches display so consumers can anticipate a painful viewing with far spread out pixels. Others features are 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB RAM, 8 megapixel rear camera, 1.3 megapixel front-facing camera, 2440 mAh battery, the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS, 8 GB storage and microSD support. LG promised to bring new features to the phone, including Guest Mode.
The 4.7-inch display Mini comes in single SIM, dual-SIM, 3G and 4G LTE and non-LTE variants. Color options are lunar white, gold, red and titan black. The handset also has the rare button interface feature which was first seen in LG G2, G Pro2 and G Flex.
It now appears LG Mini is a compact phone with the glitzy and admirable G2. It cannot be just taken as "mini" lightly or less charming than its bigger brother.
LG said G2 Mini will begin to roll out next month in the Middle East, Europe, Asia and few other regions. The launch in the U.S. is still unknown.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates