'Mob Wives' Star Alicia DiMichele Garofalo Sentencing: Actress Plans to Divorce Jailed Husband Even as She Faces Trial
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2014 11:22 PM EST
"Mob Wives" star Alicia DiMichele Garofalo, who still awaits sentencing over charges of fraud and embezzlement, is reportedly planning to divorce her jailed husband Eddie "Tall Guy" Garofalo.
The Brooklyn Federal Court had sentenced Eddie to a seven-year imprisonment in December 2013, a day after wife Alicia made her debut on VH1 reality show "Mob Wives". New York Daily News had reported that Federal Judge Sandra Townes sentenced Eddie to seven years in prison for murder conspiracy, extortion and witness tampering.
Alicia DiMichele Garofalo (left) with a friend
Alicia started a trucking company, along with husband Eddie, before they were busted on fraud charges. Her sentencing was supposed to take place in January this year but was postponed.
"The judge postponed my sentencing because my restitution issue is not yet resolved. Therefore, she cannot sentence me until that part is settled. They think maybe some time in March I'll be sentenced, but they are not sure. I am beyond frustrated," Alicia told All About the Real Housewives last month.
"Thank u to all my loving friends and fans who truly care about me and my boys, my sentencing was postponed once again. #keepthefaith," tweeted the TV star on the day the season finale of "Mob Wives" was premiered (20 February).
Even while awaiting sentence for fraud charges, Alicia, who had pleaded guilty, is planning to file for a divorce from her imprisoned husband.
"My husband and I aren't together anymore," Alicia told Radar Online. "I'm filing for divorce within the next couple of months."
She went on to say that her husband was caught talking to his ex-girlfriend Carla Murino and even went out for dinner together. She added that she could not take the betrayal anymore.
"I was eight months pregnant and he lied and said he was working," Alicia said. "And he actually was going out to dinner with her and didn't come home."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display