'Mob Wives' Star Alicia DiMichele Garofalo Sentencing: Actress Plans to Divorce Jailed Husband Even as She Faces Trial
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2014 11:22 PM EST
"Mob Wives" star Alicia DiMichele Garofalo, who still awaits sentencing over charges of fraud and embezzlement, is reportedly planning to divorce her jailed husband Eddie "Tall Guy" Garofalo.
The Brooklyn Federal Court had sentenced Eddie to a seven-year imprisonment in December 2013, a day after wife Alicia made her debut on VH1 reality show "Mob Wives". New York Daily News had reported that Federal Judge Sandra Townes sentenced Eddie to seven years in prison for murder conspiracy, extortion and witness tampering.
Alicia DiMichele Garofalo (left) with a friend
Alicia started a trucking company, along with husband Eddie, before they were busted on fraud charges. Her sentencing was supposed to take place in January this year but was postponed.
"The judge postponed my sentencing because my restitution issue is not yet resolved. Therefore, she cannot sentence me until that part is settled. They think maybe some time in March I'll be sentenced, but they are not sure. I am beyond frustrated," Alicia told All About the Real Housewives last month.
"Thank u to all my loving friends and fans who truly care about me and my boys, my sentencing was postponed once again. #keepthefaith," tweeted the TV star on the day the season finale of "Mob Wives" was premiered (20 February).
Even while awaiting sentence for fraud charges, Alicia, who had pleaded guilty, is planning to file for a divorce from her imprisoned husband.
"My husband and I aren't together anymore," Alicia told Radar Online. "I'm filing for divorce within the next couple of months."
She went on to say that her husband was caught talking to his ex-girlfriend Carla Murino and even went out for dinner together. She added that she could not take the betrayal anymore.
"I was eight months pregnant and he lied and said he was working," Alicia said. "And he actually was going out to dinner with her and didn't come home."
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage