'Mob Wives' Star Alicia DiMichele Garofalo Sentencing: Actress Plans to Divorce Jailed Husband Even as She Faces Trial
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2014 11:22 PM EST
"Mob Wives" star Alicia DiMichele Garofalo, who still awaits sentencing over charges of fraud and embezzlement, is reportedly planning to divorce her jailed husband Eddie "Tall Guy" Garofalo.
The Brooklyn Federal Court had sentenced Eddie to a seven-year imprisonment in December 2013, a day after wife Alicia made her debut on VH1 reality show "Mob Wives". New York Daily News had reported that Federal Judge Sandra Townes sentenced Eddie to seven years in prison for murder conspiracy, extortion and witness tampering.
Alicia DiMichele Garofalo (left) with a friend
Alicia started a trucking company, along with husband Eddie, before they were busted on fraud charges. Her sentencing was supposed to take place in January this year but was postponed.
"The judge postponed my sentencing because my restitution issue is not yet resolved. Therefore, she cannot sentence me until that part is settled. They think maybe some time in March I'll be sentenced, but they are not sure. I am beyond frustrated," Alicia told All About the Real Housewives last month.
"Thank u to all my loving friends and fans who truly care about me and my boys, my sentencing was postponed once again. #keepthefaith," tweeted the TV star on the day the season finale of "Mob Wives" was premiered (20 February).
Even while awaiting sentence for fraud charges, Alicia, who had pleaded guilty, is planning to file for a divorce from her imprisoned husband.
"My husband and I aren't together anymore," Alicia told Radar Online. "I'm filing for divorce within the next couple of months."
She went on to say that her husband was caught talking to his ex-girlfriend Carla Murino and even went out for dinner together. She added that she could not take the betrayal anymore.
"I was eight months pregnant and he lied and said he was working," Alicia said. "And he actually was going out to dinner with her and didn't come home."
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]