'Mob Wives' Star Alicia DiMichele Garofalo Sentencing: Actress Plans to Divorce Jailed Husband Even as She Faces Trial
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2014 11:22 PM EST
"Mob Wives" star Alicia DiMichele Garofalo, who still awaits sentencing over charges of fraud and embezzlement, is reportedly planning to divorce her jailed husband Eddie "Tall Guy" Garofalo.
The Brooklyn Federal Court had sentenced Eddie to a seven-year imprisonment in December 2013, a day after wife Alicia made her debut on VH1 reality show "Mob Wives". New York Daily News had reported that Federal Judge Sandra Townes sentenced Eddie to seven years in prison for murder conspiracy, extortion and witness tampering.
Alicia DiMichele Garofalo (left) with a friend
Alicia started a trucking company, along with husband Eddie, before they were busted on fraud charges. Her sentencing was supposed to take place in January this year but was postponed.
"The judge postponed my sentencing because my restitution issue is not yet resolved. Therefore, she cannot sentence me until that part is settled. They think maybe some time in March I'll be sentenced, but they are not sure. I am beyond frustrated," Alicia told All About the Real Housewives last month.
"Thank u to all my loving friends and fans who truly care about me and my boys, my sentencing was postponed once again. #keepthefaith," tweeted the TV star on the day the season finale of "Mob Wives" was premiered (20 February).
Even while awaiting sentence for fraud charges, Alicia, who had pleaded guilty, is planning to file for a divorce from her imprisoned husband.
"My husband and I aren't together anymore," Alicia told Radar Online. "I'm filing for divorce within the next couple of months."
She went on to say that her husband was caught talking to his ex-girlfriend Carla Murino and even went out for dinner together. She added that she could not take the betrayal anymore.
"I was eight months pregnant and he lied and said he was working," Alicia said. "And he actually was going out to dinner with her and didn't come home."
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide