'Mob Wives' Star Alicia DiMichele Garofalo Sentencing: Actress Plans to Divorce Jailed Husband Even as She Faces Trial
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | February 21, 2014 11:22 PM EST
"Mob Wives" star Alicia DiMichele Garofalo, who still awaits sentencing over charges of fraud and embezzlement, is reportedly planning to divorce her jailed husband Eddie "Tall Guy" Garofalo.
The Brooklyn Federal Court had sentenced Eddie to a seven-year imprisonment in December 2013, a day after wife Alicia made her debut on VH1 reality show "Mob Wives". New York Daily News had reported that Federal Judge Sandra Townes sentenced Eddie to seven years in prison for murder conspiracy, extortion and witness tampering.
Alicia DiMichele Garofalo (left) with a friend
Alicia started a trucking company, along with husband Eddie, before they were busted on fraud charges. Her sentencing was supposed to take place in January this year but was postponed.
"The judge postponed my sentencing because my restitution issue is not yet resolved. Therefore, she cannot sentence me until that part is settled. They think maybe some time in March I'll be sentenced, but they are not sure. I am beyond frustrated," Alicia told All About the Real Housewives last month.
"Thank u to all my loving friends and fans who truly care about me and my boys, my sentencing was postponed once again. #keepthefaith," tweeted the TV star on the day the season finale of "Mob Wives" was premiered (20 February).
Even while awaiting sentence for fraud charges, Alicia, who had pleaded guilty, is planning to file for a divorce from her imprisoned husband.
"My husband and I aren't together anymore," Alicia told Radar Online. "I'm filing for divorce within the next couple of months."
She went on to say that her husband was caught talking to his ex-girlfriend Carla Murino and even went out for dinner together. She added that she could not take the betrayal anymore.
"I was eight months pregnant and he lied and said he was working," Alicia said. "And he actually was going out to dinner with her and didn't come home."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2