'22 Jump Street' New Trailer Released: Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill Says They are Like Power Couple Rihanna and Chris Brown [WATCH VIDEOS]
By Janice Somosot | February 21, 2014 10:36 PM EST
"22 Jump Street" has a new trailer that was recently released. It shows lead stars Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill back to their old ways as undercover cops, but this time, instead of going undercover as high school students to bust a drug operation, they move on to higher education as undercover college students. In the new trailer, the actors compare themselves to power couple Rihanna and Chris Brown because they supposedly share the same attributes. The new trailer of the movie "22 Jump Street" was published on Tuesday, Feb. 18, 2014 at Sony Pictures' official YouTube channel. Check out the YouTube video of "22 Jump Street"- Official Green Band Trailer (Alternate Ending) at the beginning of this article.
Actor Jonah Hill arrives for the 18th Annual Art Directors Guild Excellence in Production Design Awards in Beverly Hills, California February 8, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
In the said video, Officers Morton Schmidt (Jonah Hill) and Greg Jenko (Channing Tatum) are tasked to infiltrate a fraternity that is believed to be in cahoots with a notorious crime ring syndicate. It also shows a montage of scenes featuring Tatum and Hill acclimating to the college scene. Tatum as Jenko naturally gravitates toward the athletic scene, particularly football. And, Hill as Schmidt gets to be part of the bohemian art scene.
Hill compares their partnership as similar to power couple Rihanna and Chris Brown's infamous relationship which has shades of violence all over it. He says that Tatum's character Jenko is like Chris Brown because he is a good dancer, but he is kind of mean.
"We're like Rihanna and Chris Brown. You're a good dancer and sometimes you're meaner than I'd like you to be," said Schmidt (Hill).
The original "21 Jump Street" film was located on a street which is the same name as the movie's title. But, the new film is named "22 Jump Street" because the guys were forced to move their facility across their original hideout. Apparently, the Koreans bought their old church back so they have been booted out. Luckily, they found a nearby area to continue their undercover operations and fight crime.
As the title of the trailer's YouTube video ("22 Jump Street"- Official Green Band Trailer (Alternate Ending) suggests, this new trailer has a different ending from a previously released trailer in 2013. The "22 Jump Street" new trailer that was released in 2014 features a funny clip about a Mexican Wolverine and an octopus getting stuck on Hill's face.
Check out the "22 Jump Street" - Official International Trailer which was uploaded on Dec. 16, 2013 at Sony Pictures' official YouTube channel.
Aside from Tatum and Hill, "22 Jump Street" also stars Dave Franco as Eric Molson, Nick Offerman as Deputy Chief Hardy, Ice Cube as Captain Dickson and Amber Stevens as Maya. It is directed by Phil Lord and Chris Miller. "22 Jump Street" will be shown in theatres on June 13, 2014.
Click HERE to see the official "22 Jump Street" movie Web site.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?