2014 Sochi Winter Olympics Where to Watch Live: Ice Hockey Semifinal USA vs Canada Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | February 21, 2014 10:31 PM EST
USA will look to avenge the defeat in the 2010 Olympics, while Canada gun for yet another gold medal in what promises to be a humdinger of an ice hockey semifinal in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics on Friday.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 9 pm local time (10.30 pm IST, 12 pm ET) start with live coverage on Star Sports Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2 in India. In the US the coverage will be on NBC, with the live streaming option HERE, HERE and HERE. Catch the action in the UK HERE, HERE or HERE, while Australia viewers can live stream the game HERE. Viewers in Africa can live stream the Games HERE. The game can be live streamed by viewers in Canada HERE.
Thirteen players still remain from the US squad that lost agonisingly to Canada in the gold medal game in Vancouver, and rising above that defeat and putting it firmly behind them will definitely act as extra motivation come Friday night.
"I don't think at this stage of the tournament you need any extra incentive or motivation," US captain Zach Parise said. "The guys that were there in Vancouver, whether it's from being reminded by it, it's definitely in the back of our minds that we want to be on the winning side of that game.
"Everyone from our side, it was a special game, a great game to be part of, a lot of fun. But at the same time, it goes hand-in-hand.
"You can't think about how fun the game is without thinking about how disappointing the end was. They go together. You have excitement from playing in the game and disappointment from losing."
For Canada, it will be about getting their chemistry right on the night, and finding that back of the net at every possible opportunity.
Coach Mike Babcock believes his side are capable of scoring at will - who can blame him with some of the names in that side, led by that phenom that goes by the name of Sidney Crosby - and will step up against their rivals US.
"I think we're going to score," he said. "I think we've won every game we've played. That's going to be the goal again tomorrow. You can talk scoring chances till you're blue in the face. Who cares? The score is on the board, and so we've just got to find a way to keep doing what we're doing."
This game will be as much a battle of wills as a fight of skill, and the team that shows the bigger toughness might just see themselves competing for the gold medal on Sunday, with the loser consigned to playing for the bronze a day earlier.
The first semifinal will be played between Sweden and Finland.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories