EPL Schedule: Fixtures, Timings and Predictions of All Ten Premier League Games of the Weekend
By Deepak Vikraman | February 21, 2014 9:19 PM EST
After the English Premier League took a break for the FA Cup, normal service resumes with Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester City and Liverpool all continuing their battle at the top in one of the closest title races in recent years.
Luis Suarez and Liverpool will look to continue their brilliant form at home when Swansea come calling
At the other end, there is to plenty to play for as well, with the likes of Sunderland, Cardiff and Fulham looking to get out of the bottom three in a tight bottom half of the table.
Below is a look at the ten fixtures for the weekend, along with the schedule, timings and predictions.
Saturday: Chelsea vs Everton at Stamford Bridge (12.45 pm GMT, 7.45 am ET, 6.15 pm IST): Jose Mourinho was given the blues by Manchester City in the FA Cup, but the leaders have looked as good as anybody in the Premier League of late, and with the early kickoff, Chelsea will be keen to increase that gap from Arsenal and City.
Everton, though, will be equally desperate for three points to stay within touch of fourth-placed Liverpool.
Prediction: 2-1 to Chelsea
Arsenal vs Sunderland at the Emirates (3 pm GMT, 10 am ET, 8.30 pm IST): The Gunners suffered a morale-sapping Champions League defeat at the hands of Bayern Munich, with Mesut Ozil's credentials coming into question.
Arsene Wenger and his side will, however, want to put that loss far behind them and move on as Arsenal continue their search for their first EPL title since 2004. Sunderland are third from bottom at the moment, and despite all their success in Cup competitions this season, Gus Poyet will know surviving in the Premier League is paramount.
Prediction: 2-0 to Arsenal
Cardiff vs Hull at Cardiff City Stadium (3 pm GMT, 10 am ET, 8.30 pm IST): Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has not enjoyed the greatest of starts as a Premier League manager, and the former Manchester United player will settle for nothing but three points against Steve Bruce's Hull as the Welsh side look to beat the drop.
Manchester City vs Stoke at the Etihad (3 pm GMT, 10 am ET, 8.30 pm IST): City have not played in the Premier League for a while, and Manuel Pellegrini will be keen to put the midweek loss to Barcelona behind them with victory against a Stoke side keen to put as much daylight between them and the bottom three as possible.
Prediction: 4-0 to Manchester City
West Brom vs Fulham at the Hawthorns (3 pm GMT, 10 am ET, 8.30 pm IST): Felix Magath's quest to save Fulham from the mires of relegation begins with a trip to the Hawthorns to take on a West Brom side, who are only out of the relegation zone on goal difference. A six-pointer this is, and if Fulham fail to pick up any point, then Magath could already be facing a losing battle.
Prediction: 1-0 to Fulham
West Ham vs Southampton at Upton Park (3 pm GMT, 10 am ET, 8.30 pm IST): Sam Allardyce has rallied the Hammers quite well in the last few games, which has seen the Londoners move up to 11th in the table, albeit only four points away from the drop zone. A win against eight-placed Southampton, and West Ham will be one step closer towards reaching that magical 40-point mark.
Crystal Palace vs Manchester United at Selhurst Park (5.30 pm GMT, 12.30 pm ET, 11 pm IST): David Moyes has been enduring a nightmare ever since taking over from Sir Alex Ferguson. Come Saturday, he will be up against a shrewd operator in Tony Pulis, who is a master at squeezing out results.
Moyes will be hoping the quartet of Robin Van Persie, Juan Mata, Adnan Januzaj and Wayne Rooney are at the top of their game, after some warm weather training; because if not, then another disappointing result could be around the corner.
Prediction: 2-1 to Manchester United
Sunday: Liverpool vs Swansea at Anfield (1.30 pm GMT, 8.30 pm ET, 7 pm IST): Liverpool have been as good as anybody at home of late, and Swansea continue to struggle in the Premier League. Only one result likely here.
Prediction: 3-0 to Liverpool
Newcastle vs Aston Villa at St James' Park (1.30 pm GMT, 8.30 pm ET, 7 pm IST): Alan Pardew's future is reportedly up in the air as turmoil continues to follow the Magpies. Newcastle have seriously struggled after losing Yohan Cabaye during the January transfer window, and Pardew will hope his team can come together and get a positive result against Villa, who are still far from safe with just four points separating them from third-bottom Sunderland.
Norwich vs Tottenham at Carrow Road (4 pm GMT, 11 am ET, 9.30 pm IST): Emmanuel Adebayor will again be the man Tim Sherwood looks to as Spurs look to outfox Norwich.
Prediction: 2-0 to Tottenham
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Michael Schumacher Update: Rep Responds To Streiff’s Comments—‘He’s Neither A Friend Nor Has He Ever Visited Him’
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance