Aamir Khan Teams up with Mohanlal for ‘Satyamev Jayate 2’
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 21, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan has reportedly approached south icon Mohanlal for his upcoming reality show "Satyamev Jayate 2".
Aamir is said to have joined hands with Mohanlal in an attempt to reach a wider audience base, especially in the South. The social reality show that deals with burning issues aims to reach out to maximum people in its second season.
"The issues raised by Satyamev Jayate are of national importance. Mohanlal's iconic association with the show will help garner greater support for the cause of the show," Star India CEO Uday Shankar told Mid Day.
The tabloid added that Aamir had caught up with the southern star back in 2012, when he was promoting the first season of "SJ" in Kochi.
Meanwhile, the reality show this season will begin by paying tribute to the brave efforts of Dashrath Manjhi, better known as "Mountain Man." Manjhi made news for single handedly carving a road out of a mountain for 22 long years, in order to improve the connectivity of his village in Bihar.
"I think Dashrath Manjhi's story is inspirational. His life tells us what one single person is capable of achieving, if he or she is single-minded and does not give up. It (his story) makes us believe that nothing is impossible," Aamir told Hindustan Times.
The star will visit Manjhi's village on February 22 and shoot at the very spot where the crusader began breaking the mountain.
"Satyamev Jayate" season 2 will begin from 2 March and will be aired on Sunday, throughout the month. However, the show's format will be unique this time. Of the 13 episodes, five will be aired in March and the remaining eight episodes will be aired in two quarters with four episodes each.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- 15 Orgasms/Week, $27K/Yr Salary Not Bad for Professional Toy Tester Cara Houiellebecq (VIDEO)
- New Zealand Drafts IWC Resolution to Stop Japanese Whalers from Hunting in 2015
- Pacific Islands Forum Delegates Appeal for Changes to Climate Policies, Better Marine Life Protection
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools