Aamir Khan Teams up with Mohanlal for ‘Satyamev Jayate 2’
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 21, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan has reportedly approached south icon Mohanlal for his upcoming reality show "Satyamev Jayate 2".
Aamir is said to have joined hands with Mohanlal in an attempt to reach a wider audience base, especially in the South. The social reality show that deals with burning issues aims to reach out to maximum people in its second season.
"The issues raised by Satyamev Jayate are of national importance. Mohanlal's iconic association with the show will help garner greater support for the cause of the show," Star India CEO Uday Shankar told Mid Day.
The tabloid added that Aamir had caught up with the southern star back in 2012, when he was promoting the first season of "SJ" in Kochi.
Meanwhile, the reality show this season will begin by paying tribute to the brave efforts of Dashrath Manjhi, better known as "Mountain Man." Manjhi made news for single handedly carving a road out of a mountain for 22 long years, in order to improve the connectivity of his village in Bihar.
"I think Dashrath Manjhi's story is inspirational. His life tells us what one single person is capable of achieving, if he or she is single-minded and does not give up. It (his story) makes us believe that nothing is impossible," Aamir told Hindustan Times.
The star will visit Manjhi's village on February 22 and shoot at the very spot where the crusader began breaking the mountain.
"Satyamev Jayate" season 2 will begin from 2 March and will be aired on Sunday, throughout the month. However, the show's format will be unique this time. Of the 13 episodes, five will be aired in March and the remaining eight episodes will be aired in two quarters with four episodes each.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS