Movie Sequels to Watch For, Will They Hit Box Office Records?
By Maychelle Ornos | February 21, 2014 9:14 PM EST
The upcoming release of several movie sequels this summer is definitely something to watch out for, especially for those who are looking for the big budget Hollywood movies. This 2014, remakes and sequels dominate the summer. Many are curious if the films "The Amazing Spiderman 2," "X-Men Days of Future Past," "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and "300: Rise of an Empire" will make big hits that will make this year interesting.
This is the only year that has no "Harry Potter," "Dark Knight," and "Avengers" movies which may make it tough for 2014 to compete with previous years in terms of high grosses. Movie critics are looking forward to see if these movies will make big revenues or not and also if these films will be successful or not in terms of quality.
"The Amazing Spiderman 2" will be pretty interesting as Dean Deehan will play the Green Goblin and more other villains will pop up to fight Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield). The reviews for the "The Amazing Spiderman" were good reviews even though there are some similar plots with "Spiderman" that was released in 2002.
Many are expecting more from "X-Men Days of Future Past" though, as 21st Century Fox has reportedly spent $220 million in making the film, according to the Daily Finance. It may still have high gross rates, knowing that there is a solid fan base for the said film.
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is the sequel to 2011's "Captain America: The First Avenger" which was also given a fair review by most critics. Film enthusiasts are expecting more from the sequel as the characters are becoming more and more popular. Trailers from the said film were very promising.
The sequel to the hit movie about an ancient war between Persia and Greece is finally showing this summer and it is as bloody as the first one. The "300: Rise of an Empire" promises more epic battles but fans have been waiting a good six years before the making of this sequel which may or may not be good for the franchise.
Whether these films will be as good as or better than the original, we would have to wait and see when the curtain opens.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?