Movie Sequels to Watch For, Will They Hit Box Office Records?
By Maychelle Ornos | February 21, 2014 9:14 PM EST
The upcoming release of several movie sequels this summer is definitely something to watch out for, especially for those who are looking for the big budget Hollywood movies. This 2014, remakes and sequels dominate the summer. Many are curious if the films "The Amazing Spiderman 2," "X-Men Days of Future Past," "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and "300: Rise of an Empire" will make big hits that will make this year interesting.
This is the only year that has no "Harry Potter," "Dark Knight," and "Avengers" movies which may make it tough for 2014 to compete with previous years in terms of high grosses. Movie critics are looking forward to see if these movies will make big revenues or not and also if these films will be successful or not in terms of quality.
"The Amazing Spiderman 2" will be pretty interesting as Dean Deehan will play the Green Goblin and more other villains will pop up to fight Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield). The reviews for the "The Amazing Spiderman" were good reviews even though there are some similar plots with "Spiderman" that was released in 2002.
Many are expecting more from "X-Men Days of Future Past" though, as 21st Century Fox has reportedly spent $220 million in making the film, according to the Daily Finance. It may still have high gross rates, knowing that there is a solid fan base for the said film.
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is the sequel to 2011's "Captain America: The First Avenger" which was also given a fair review by most critics. Film enthusiasts are expecting more from the sequel as the characters are becoming more and more popular. Trailers from the said film were very promising.
The sequel to the hit movie about an ancient war between Persia and Greece is finally showing this summer and it is as bloody as the first one. The "300: Rise of an Empire" promises more epic battles but fans have been waiting a good six years before the making of this sequel which may or may not be good for the franchise.
Whether these films will be as good as or better than the original, we would have to wait and see when the curtain opens.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales