Movie Sequels to Watch For, Will They Hit Box Office Records?
By Maychelle Ornos | February 21, 2014 9:14 PM EST
The upcoming release of several movie sequels this summer is definitely something to watch out for, especially for those who are looking for the big budget Hollywood movies. This 2014, remakes and sequels dominate the summer. Many are curious if the films "The Amazing Spiderman 2," "X-Men Days of Future Past," "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and "300: Rise of an Empire" will make big hits that will make this year interesting.
This is the only year that has no "Harry Potter," "Dark Knight," and "Avengers" movies which may make it tough for 2014 to compete with previous years in terms of high grosses. Movie critics are looking forward to see if these movies will make big revenues or not and also if these films will be successful or not in terms of quality.
"The Amazing Spiderman 2" will be pretty interesting as Dean Deehan will play the Green Goblin and more other villains will pop up to fight Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield). The reviews for the "The Amazing Spiderman" were good reviews even though there are some similar plots with "Spiderman" that was released in 2002.
Many are expecting more from "X-Men Days of Future Past" though, as 21st Century Fox has reportedly spent $220 million in making the film, according to the Daily Finance. It may still have high gross rates, knowing that there is a solid fan base for the said film.
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is the sequel to 2011's "Captain America: The First Avenger" which was also given a fair review by most critics. Film enthusiasts are expecting more from the sequel as the characters are becoming more and more popular. Trailers from the said film were very promising.
The sequel to the hit movie about an ancient war between Persia and Greece is finally showing this summer and it is as bloody as the first one. The "300: Rise of an Empire" promises more epic battles but fans have been waiting a good six years before the making of this sequel which may or may not be good for the franchise.
Whether these films will be as good as or better than the original, we would have to wait and see when the curtain opens.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast