Movie Sequels to Watch For, Will They Hit Box Office Records?
By Maychelle Ornos | February 21, 2014 9:14 PM EST
The upcoming release of several movie sequels this summer is definitely something to watch out for, especially for those who are looking for the big budget Hollywood movies. This 2014, remakes and sequels dominate the summer. Many are curious if the films "The Amazing Spiderman 2," "X-Men Days of Future Past," "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and "300: Rise of an Empire" will make big hits that will make this year interesting.
This is the only year that has no "Harry Potter," "Dark Knight," and "Avengers" movies which may make it tough for 2014 to compete with previous years in terms of high grosses. Movie critics are looking forward to see if these movies will make big revenues or not and also if these films will be successful or not in terms of quality.
"The Amazing Spiderman 2" will be pretty interesting as Dean Deehan will play the Green Goblin and more other villains will pop up to fight Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield). The reviews for the "The Amazing Spiderman" were good reviews even though there are some similar plots with "Spiderman" that was released in 2002.
Many are expecting more from "X-Men Days of Future Past" though, as 21st Century Fox has reportedly spent $220 million in making the film, according to the Daily Finance. It may still have high gross rates, knowing that there is a solid fan base for the said film.
"Captain America: The Winter Soldier" is the sequel to 2011's "Captain America: The First Avenger" which was also given a fair review by most critics. Film enthusiasts are expecting more from the sequel as the characters are becoming more and more popular. Trailers from the said film were very promising.
The sequel to the hit movie about an ancient war between Persia and Greece is finally showing this summer and it is as bloody as the first one. The "300: Rise of an Empire" promises more epic battles but fans have been waiting a good six years before the making of this sequel which may or may not be good for the franchise.
Whether these films will be as good as or better than the original, we would have to wait and see when the curtain opens.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date