Mahindra XUV500 Automatic Variant to Debut in Mid-2015: Report
By greeshma m | February 21, 2014 8:50 PM EST
Mahindra and Mahindra is likely to launch the new automatic gearbox variant of its iconic sports utility vehicle XUV500 by mid-2015, claims a new report.
Mahindra, Ssangyong to Launch Jointly Developed Engine in 2015
"Yes, we are going to install a six-speed automatic, which is coming in January 2015 and Mahindra is also considering that same gearbox for the XUV500, so in terms of volume that is great for us and we can save some money," ACI quoted Y I Lee, President and CEO of Ssangyong Motor Company.
Mahindra's XUV500 recently crossed a milestone 75,000 units sales since its launch in 2011. Unveiled in September 2011, across five Indian cities, the cheetah-inspired XUV500 drew massive attention due to its stylish frame and state-of-the-art technologies, which include GPS navigation system, automatic climate controls, voice vommands and a sophisticated infotainment system, complete with 6-inch LCD touchscreen, DVD player, Bluesense technology, iPod connectivity, along with six speakers.
On the engine front, the XUV500 runs on a 2.2litre mHawk diesel engine, mated to a six-speed gearbox for transmission that provides 140bhp with 330Nm torque. It is available in three variants: the W6 ,W8, the recently launched W4.
Currently, Mahindra sells only its Scorpio with automatic transmission. At the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo 2014, Mahindra had showcased the Quanto with an automated manual transmission, along with the hybrid XUV500 and Halo electric sportscar.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy