Mahindra XUV500 Automatic Variant to Debut in Mid-2015: Report
By greeshma m | February 21, 2014 8:50 PM EST
Mahindra and Mahindra is likely to launch the new automatic gearbox variant of its iconic sports utility vehicle XUV500 by mid-2015, claims a new report.
Mahindra, Ssangyong to Launch Jointly Developed Engine in 2015
"Yes, we are going to install a six-speed automatic, which is coming in January 2015 and Mahindra is also considering that same gearbox for the XUV500, so in terms of volume that is great for us and we can save some money," ACI quoted Y I Lee, President and CEO of Ssangyong Motor Company.
Mahindra's XUV500 recently crossed a milestone 75,000 units sales since its launch in 2011. Unveiled in September 2011, across five Indian cities, the cheetah-inspired XUV500 drew massive attention due to its stylish frame and state-of-the-art technologies, which include GPS navigation system, automatic climate controls, voice vommands and a sophisticated infotainment system, complete with 6-inch LCD touchscreen, DVD player, Bluesense technology, iPod connectivity, along with six speakers.
On the engine front, the XUV500 runs on a 2.2litre mHawk diesel engine, mated to a six-speed gearbox for transmission that provides 140bhp with 330Nm torque. It is available in three variants: the W6 ,W8, the recently launched W4.
Currently, Mahindra sells only its Scorpio with automatic transmission. At the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo 2014, Mahindra had showcased the Quanto with an automated manual transmission, along with the hybrid XUV500 and Halo electric sportscar.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown