Mahindra XUV500 Automatic Variant to Debut in Mid-2015: Report
By greeshma m | February 21, 2014 8:50 PM EST
Mahindra and Mahindra is likely to launch the new automatic gearbox variant of its iconic sports utility vehicle XUV500 by mid-2015, claims a new report.
Mahindra, Ssangyong to Launch Jointly Developed Engine in 2015
"Yes, we are going to install a six-speed automatic, which is coming in January 2015 and Mahindra is also considering that same gearbox for the XUV500, so in terms of volume that is great for us and we can save some money," ACI quoted Y I Lee, President and CEO of Ssangyong Motor Company.
Mahindra's XUV500 recently crossed a milestone 75,000 units sales since its launch in 2011. Unveiled in September 2011, across five Indian cities, the cheetah-inspired XUV500 drew massive attention due to its stylish frame and state-of-the-art technologies, which include GPS navigation system, automatic climate controls, voice vommands and a sophisticated infotainment system, complete with 6-inch LCD touchscreen, DVD player, Bluesense technology, iPod connectivity, along with six speakers.
On the engine front, the XUV500 runs on a 2.2litre mHawk diesel engine, mated to a six-speed gearbox for transmission that provides 140bhp with 330Nm torque. It is available in three variants: the W6 ,W8, the recently launched W4.
Currently, Mahindra sells only its Scorpio with automatic transmission. At the recently concluded Delhi Auto Expo 2014, Mahindra had showcased the Quanto with an automated manual transmission, along with the hybrid XUV500 and Halo electric sportscar.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation