‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 Update Round-Up: Who Said What and What to Expect
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 21, 2014 7:30 PM EST
The Season 3 of "American Horror Story-Coven" featured witches and their strategies to out-fox, bond, their inner conflicts and ambitions, and their battle against the witch slayers. The season finale of Season 3 crowned a new supreme and sent the old, evil one to her personal hell. "American Horror Story" will return with a new story-line, as is the norm with this FX's horror series. The Miss Robichaux's Academy has been locked-up, paving the way to unlock a new set and a new story. The Season 4 will introduce new characters, with no link to the witches' academy.
There is still some time before the cast and crew of "American Horror Story" start filming Season 4. The upcoming season will be set in two time periods, mainly 1950s and contemporary. Here is a round-up of Season 4, based on what Ryan Murphy, co-creator of "American Horror Story," costume designer, and actors have said about the new season.
For "American Horror Story" Season 4, Murphy had set the rumour-mil running even before Season 3 wrapped-up. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Murphy had indicated that the new season will be set in 1950s, and had called it a "period piece." He was also quoted as saying, "If you look historically what happened in 1950, there's some more clues in that year."
However, after the wrap-up of Season 3, Murphy had said to Entertainment Weekly, the new season will be set in two periods, 1950s and contemporary. He had said, "It's a combination of things. It's a combination of two time periods, with the main one being the 1950s."
The new season is set to retain the comic tone of Season 3, according to Murphy. Evan Peters, who played Kyle in Season 3, has confirmed this. He said to Vulture, "... they're continuing on with the lighter side of things." The actor, however, is not sure about his casting in the upcoming season.
Sarah Paulson and Jessica Lange are returning for Season 4. Lange, however, has no plans to renew her contract for Season 5. She had said that Season 4 will be her last season for "American Horror Story."
For Season 4, Lange has started working on her German accent, as she will portray a character similar to Marlene Dietrich [1901 to 1992], the German-born American actress and actress. Murphy had said that Lange will not be in a lead role, but she will have a "great juicy part."
Paulson is not learning German, or practicing her German accent. She is learning a new skill for her upcoming role in Season 4. The actress said to Vulture that she is learning "a special skill. A very special skill."
Murphy had said to Entertainment Weekly that they might pick New Orleans or Santa Fe for filming the new season. Lou Eyrich, costume designer of "American Horror Story," had said to Entertainment Weekly that the new season might be set in New Orleans, again.
According to rumours Eyrich had heard, "the next season of "American Horror Story" could start in June."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0