Wow! Lorde Looks Completely 'Royal' and Different on Vogue's Cover, Check Out!
By nidhi tewari | February 21, 2014 6:46 PM EST
Fans of Lorde must have seen the singer always dressed in either black or white dresses. So it came as a surprise when 17-year-old singer wore a turquoise blue Miu Miu dress for her first ever cover of Vogue magazine. Yes the very successful teenager has managed to appear on the fashion magazine Vogue's cover and she looks completely "royal" with a flowery crown!
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
The dress is a long sleeved one with no cleavage and a rather high neck. There are beads hanging from the waist of the dress and it makes Lorde's waist look even slimmer. Her make-up is very subtle and she uses a peaches-orange colour for her lips - a complete break from Lorde's usual choice of dark purple and black shades! The "Royal" singer looks completely different for the magazine photo shoot.
Lorde's wavy and unruly hair stands out in the picture, which is taken by Tom Munro. The singer talks about her life in Auckland and how she always wanted to live in a big city. Check out below.
— Daily Mail Femail (@Femail) Feb. 20, 2014
"I had been in [the Auckland suburbs] my whole life that I had ached to get out of. I had wanted to live in a city. And then I had this experience of traveling and being in the biggest cities in the world," the singer told the magazine Vogue.
Lorde has won two Grammy Awards and one Brit Award recently for her contribution to music. She has been to various awards shows where she performed wearing long gowns and sometimes even pants and a simple white shirt. The magazine asked Lorde about her fashion sense and how she perceives it.
"The kind of clothes that I've found I like to wear ... have all been things that make me feel powerful and strong. I wear a lot of pants. I wear a lot of long, structured dresses," Lorde told the magazine.
When asked about if she enjoys being the role model for the teens, the songstress says she does not want to "preach" anyone but rather show it with her behavior. "It's a fine line between being a role model and preaching to people. I never want to tell anyone how they should be, especially not someone my age," the singer said.
Check out her complete interview here along with the picture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report