Wow! Lorde Looks Completely 'Royal' and Different on Vogue's Cover, Check Out!
By nidhi tewari | February 21, 2014 6:46 PM EST
Fans of Lorde must have seen the singer always dressed in either black or white dresses. So it came as a surprise when 17-year-old singer wore a turquoise blue Miu Miu dress for her first ever cover of Vogue magazine. Yes the very successful teenager has managed to appear on the fashion magazine Vogue's cover and she looks completely "royal" with a flowery crown!
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
The dress is a long sleeved one with no cleavage and a rather high neck. There are beads hanging from the waist of the dress and it makes Lorde's waist look even slimmer. Her make-up is very subtle and she uses a peaches-orange colour for her lips - a complete break from Lorde's usual choice of dark purple and black shades! The "Royal" singer looks completely different for the magazine photo shoot.
Lorde's wavy and unruly hair stands out in the picture, which is taken by Tom Munro. The singer talks about her life in Auckland and how she always wanted to live in a big city. Check out below.
— Daily Mail Femail (@Femail) Feb. 20, 2014
"I had been in [the Auckland suburbs] my whole life that I had ached to get out of. I had wanted to live in a city. And then I had this experience of traveling and being in the biggest cities in the world," the singer told the magazine Vogue.
Lorde has won two Grammy Awards and one Brit Award recently for her contribution to music. She has been to various awards shows where she performed wearing long gowns and sometimes even pants and a simple white shirt. The magazine asked Lorde about her fashion sense and how she perceives it.
"The kind of clothes that I've found I like to wear ... have all been things that make me feel powerful and strong. I wear a lot of pants. I wear a lot of long, structured dresses," Lorde told the magazine.
When asked about if she enjoys being the role model for the teens, the songstress says she does not want to "preach" anyone but rather show it with her behavior. "It's a fine line between being a role model and preaching to people. I never want to tell anyone how they should be, especially not someone my age," the singer said.
Check out her complete interview here along with the picture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]