Wow! Lorde Looks Completely 'Royal' and Different on Vogue's Cover, Check Out!
By nidhi tewari | February 21, 2014 6:46 PM EST
Fans of Lorde must have seen the singer always dressed in either black or white dresses. So it came as a surprise when 17-year-old singer wore a turquoise blue Miu Miu dress for her first ever cover of Vogue magazine. Yes the very successful teenager has managed to appear on the fashion magazine Vogue's cover and she looks completely "royal" with a flowery crown!
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
The dress is a long sleeved one with no cleavage and a rather high neck. There are beads hanging from the waist of the dress and it makes Lorde's waist look even slimmer. Her make-up is very subtle and she uses a peaches-orange colour for her lips - a complete break from Lorde's usual choice of dark purple and black shades! The "Royal" singer looks completely different for the magazine photo shoot.
Lorde's wavy and unruly hair stands out in the picture, which is taken by Tom Munro. The singer talks about her life in Auckland and how she always wanted to live in a big city. Check out below.
— Daily Mail Femail (@Femail) Feb. 20, 2014
"I had been in [the Auckland suburbs] my whole life that I had ached to get out of. I had wanted to live in a city. And then I had this experience of traveling and being in the biggest cities in the world," the singer told the magazine Vogue.
Lorde has won two Grammy Awards and one Brit Award recently for her contribution to music. She has been to various awards shows where she performed wearing long gowns and sometimes even pants and a simple white shirt. The magazine asked Lorde about her fashion sense and how she perceives it.
"The kind of clothes that I've found I like to wear ... have all been things that make me feel powerful and strong. I wear a lot of pants. I wear a lot of long, structured dresses," Lorde told the magazine.
When asked about if she enjoys being the role model for the teens, the songstress says she does not want to "preach" anyone but rather show it with her behavior. "It's a fine line between being a role model and preaching to people. I never want to tell anyone how they should be, especially not someone my age," the singer said.
Check out her complete interview here along with the picture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales