Wow! Lorde Looks Completely 'Royal' and Different on Vogue's Cover, Check Out!
By nidhi tewari | February 21, 2014 6:46 PM EST
Fans of Lorde must have seen the singer always dressed in either black or white dresses. So it came as a surprise when 17-year-old singer wore a turquoise blue Miu Miu dress for her first ever cover of Vogue magazine. Yes the very successful teenager has managed to appear on the fashion magazine Vogue's cover and she looks completely "royal" with a flowery crown!
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
The dress is a long sleeved one with no cleavage and a rather high neck. There are beads hanging from the waist of the dress and it makes Lorde's waist look even slimmer. Her make-up is very subtle and she uses a peaches-orange colour for her lips - a complete break from Lorde's usual choice of dark purple and black shades! The "Royal" singer looks completely different for the magazine photo shoot.
Lorde's wavy and unruly hair stands out in the picture, which is taken by Tom Munro. The singer talks about her life in Auckland and how she always wanted to live in a big city. Check out below.
— Daily Mail Femail (@Femail) Feb. 20, 2014
"I had been in [the Auckland suburbs] my whole life that I had ached to get out of. I had wanted to live in a city. And then I had this experience of traveling and being in the biggest cities in the world," the singer told the magazine Vogue.
Lorde has won two Grammy Awards and one Brit Award recently for her contribution to music. She has been to various awards shows where she performed wearing long gowns and sometimes even pants and a simple white shirt. The magazine asked Lorde about her fashion sense and how she perceives it.
"The kind of clothes that I've found I like to wear ... have all been things that make me feel powerful and strong. I wear a lot of pants. I wear a lot of long, structured dresses," Lorde told the magazine.
When asked about if she enjoys being the role model for the teens, the songstress says she does not want to "preach" anyone but rather show it with her behavior. "It's a fine line between being a role model and preaching to people. I never want to tell anyone how they should be, especially not someone my age," the singer said.
Check out her complete interview here along with the picture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- US And Australia Share Visa And Immigration Information
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October