Wow! Lorde Looks Completely 'Royal' and Different on Vogue's Cover, Check Out!
By nidhi tewari | February 21, 2014 6:46 PM EST
Fans of Lorde must have seen the singer always dressed in either black or white dresses. So it came as a surprise when 17-year-old singer wore a turquoise blue Miu Miu dress for her first ever cover of Vogue magazine. Yes the very successful teenager has managed to appear on the fashion magazine Vogue's cover and she looks completely "royal" with a flowery crown!
Singer Lorde accepts the International Female Solo Artist award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
The dress is a long sleeved one with no cleavage and a rather high neck. There are beads hanging from the waist of the dress and it makes Lorde's waist look even slimmer. Her make-up is very subtle and she uses a peaches-orange colour for her lips - a complete break from Lorde's usual choice of dark purple and black shades! The "Royal" singer looks completely different for the magazine photo shoot.
Lorde's wavy and unruly hair stands out in the picture, which is taken by Tom Munro. The singer talks about her life in Auckland and how she always wanted to live in a big city. Check out below.
— Daily Mail Femail (@Femail) Feb. 20, 2014
"I had been in [the Auckland suburbs] my whole life that I had ached to get out of. I had wanted to live in a city. And then I had this experience of traveling and being in the biggest cities in the world," the singer told the magazine Vogue.
Lorde has won two Grammy Awards and one Brit Award recently for her contribution to music. She has been to various awards shows where she performed wearing long gowns and sometimes even pants and a simple white shirt. The magazine asked Lorde about her fashion sense and how she perceives it.
"The kind of clothes that I've found I like to wear ... have all been things that make me feel powerful and strong. I wear a lot of pants. I wear a lot of long, structured dresses," Lorde told the magazine.
When asked about if she enjoys being the role model for the teens, the songstress says she does not want to "preach" anyone but rather show it with her behavior. "It's a fine line between being a role model and preaching to people. I never want to tell anyone how they should be, especially not someone my age," the singer said.
Check out her complete interview here along with the picture.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop