‘House of Cards’ Indian Television Premiere: Zee Café Goes All Out to Promote the Show
By Keerthi Mohan | February 21, 2014 6:45 PM EST
American political drama “House of Cards” starring Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright made its Indian television debut on Feb. 20, and fans of the show have flooded the channel’s social networking sites with appreciatory messages.
House of Cards
“House of cards lived up to everything I'd heard about it... Looking forward to episode 2! #HouseOfCardsAt11,” a message on Twitter read, soon after the first episode was aired.
The drama revolves around Frank Underwood, played by Spacey, who along with his wife exact revenge on the people who betrayed him. Underwood is a Congressman from South Carolina and a former majority whip for the United States House of Representatives. As the series progresses, he is shown to manipulate his way to vice-presidency and to being the president of the United States of America.
Before its premiere, the channel had launched a digital marketing campaign to promote the show. Apart from Twitter and Facebook, the channel has set up an exclusive “House of Cards” website, where one can learn more about the show and its cast.
The website also has a section where audience can take a personality test to find out which “House of Cards” character they are. There is also a section titled “Learn from HOC” where Frank Underwood, the show’s main lead, doles out words of wisdom to the site’s visitors.
“Sometimes you have to say a no, no matter who it is to,” says Underwood, as he explains that sometimes the only way to gain your superior’s respect is to defy him.
In another video titled “Cleavage, a weapon?” where Kate Mara’s character flaunts her assets, Underwood shows that sometimes even the strongest weapon will fail before him.
“House of Cards” airs from Monday to Friday at 11 p.m. on Zee Café.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change