‘House of Cards’ Indian Television Premiere: Zee Café Goes All Out to Promote the Show
By Keerthi Mohan | February 21, 2014 6:45 PM EST
American political drama “House of Cards” starring Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright made its Indian television debut on Feb. 20, and fans of the show have flooded the channel’s social networking sites with appreciatory messages.
House of Cards
“House of cards lived up to everything I'd heard about it... Looking forward to episode 2! #HouseOfCardsAt11,” a message on Twitter read, soon after the first episode was aired.
The drama revolves around Frank Underwood, played by Spacey, who along with his wife exact revenge on the people who betrayed him. Underwood is a Congressman from South Carolina and a former majority whip for the United States House of Representatives. As the series progresses, he is shown to manipulate his way to vice-presidency and to being the president of the United States of America.
Before its premiere, the channel had launched a digital marketing campaign to promote the show. Apart from Twitter and Facebook, the channel has set up an exclusive “House of Cards” website, where one can learn more about the show and its cast.
The website also has a section where audience can take a personality test to find out which “House of Cards” character they are. There is also a section titled “Learn from HOC” where Frank Underwood, the show’s main lead, doles out words of wisdom to the site’s visitors.
“Sometimes you have to say a no, no matter who it is to,” says Underwood, as he explains that sometimes the only way to gain your superior’s respect is to defy him.
In another video titled “Cleavage, a weapon?” where Kate Mara’s character flaunts her assets, Underwood shows that sometimes even the strongest weapon will fail before him.
“House of Cards” airs from Monday to Friday at 11 p.m. on Zee Café.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2