Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Where to Watch Live: 8 Medals Up for Grabs on Day 15 Live Streaming Information
By Shruthi SU | February 21, 2014 6:05 PM EST
The Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 has seen its share of controversies and competition. Come the start of day on February 21st, rival nations will be hungry for more medals to boost pride. Freestyle skiing, curling, biathlon women's relay and ladies slalom alpine skiing are the events scheduled for Day 15 of the Games. The most exciting part of the day would come with men's ice hockey semifinals where Sweden face Finland and USA take on rivals Canada.
Where to watch live
Day 15 [Friday] is scheduled for a 12.30 pm local time (1.30 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2. Viewers in the UK can catch the coverage on BBC, with the live streaming option HERE, HERE or HERE.
Viewers in Australia catch the action live online via the Ten Network HERE. NBC has the rights to showcase the Olympics in the US, and the audience can watch all the action live online HERE. Viewers in Africa can live stream the action via SuperSport HERE.
The much-anticipated clash between the Americans and Canada, which will begin 9 pm local time, will take center-stage, with the US looking to avenge that epic final loss in the last Olympics. Canada will probably start as the slight favorite, but USA have shown this tournament they have the quality to rip apart any side.
"I think both teams are really evenly matched," said USA's Drew Doughty. "I don't know who I would give the upper hand to at this point. But I'm obviously more confident in my team than theirs. I'm just really looking forward to it. It's going to be a huge game."
Elsewhere, Canada's Marielle Thompson starts off as favourite in freestyle skiing with two ladies from Switzerland - Fanny Smith and Katrin Mueller. In Alpine skiing, on the other hand, America's Mikaela Shiffrin is a leading medal contender. Shiffrin, called the Mozart of skiing, is only 18 years old and will be the youngest in Olympic history to claim gold medal in this event, if she manages to get to the top step of the podium.
The women have done the trick for Canada by winning their country a gold medal, now all eyes ae on their men counterparts to do the same as they face Britain in the men's curling finals. China and Sweden will fight for bronze in the same event.
In long-track speedskating, Dutch men start as favourites in the 5,000 meter relay while it's athletes from Russia who stand ahead as front runners in the short track 500 meter section. The women's 1000 meters relay looks to be an all South Korea affair, although Italy's Arianna Fontana has also come good in recent times.
The ladies from Norway and Canada have shown to be ahead in the run when it comes to biathlon team relay. However, Russia is also ahead in the medal contention.
Norway is in the lead of the medals tally with ten gold medals as on February 20, 2014 after close of play, with US and Germany right behind on eight gold each.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28