Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 Where to Watch Live: 8 Medals Up for Grabs on Day 15 Live Streaming Information
By Shruthi SU | February 21, 2014 6:05 PM EST
The Sochi Winter Olympics 2014 has seen its share of controversies and competition. Come the start of day on February 21st, rival nations will be hungry for more medals to boost pride. Freestyle skiing, curling, biathlon women's relay and ladies slalom alpine skiing are the events scheduled for Day 15 of the Games. The most exciting part of the day would come with men's ice hockey semifinals where Sweden face Finland and USA take on rivals Canada.
Where to watch live
Day 15 [Friday] is scheduled for a 12.30 pm local time (1.30 pm IST) start with live coverage on Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD2. Viewers in the UK can catch the coverage on BBC, with the live streaming option HERE, HERE or HERE.
Viewers in Australia catch the action live online via the Ten Network HERE. NBC has the rights to showcase the Olympics in the US, and the audience can watch all the action live online HERE. Viewers in Africa can live stream the action via SuperSport HERE.
The much-anticipated clash between the Americans and Canada, which will begin 9 pm local time, will take center-stage, with the US looking to avenge that epic final loss in the last Olympics. Canada will probably start as the slight favorite, but USA have shown this tournament they have the quality to rip apart any side.
"I think both teams are really evenly matched," said USA's Drew Doughty. "I don't know who I would give the upper hand to at this point. But I'm obviously more confident in my team than theirs. I'm just really looking forward to it. It's going to be a huge game."
Elsewhere, Canada's Marielle Thompson starts off as favourite in freestyle skiing with two ladies from Switzerland - Fanny Smith and Katrin Mueller. In Alpine skiing, on the other hand, America's Mikaela Shiffrin is a leading medal contender. Shiffrin, called the Mozart of skiing, is only 18 years old and will be the youngest in Olympic history to claim gold medal in this event, if she manages to get to the top step of the podium.
The women have done the trick for Canada by winning their country a gold medal, now all eyes ae on their men counterparts to do the same as they face Britain in the men's curling finals. China and Sweden will fight for bronze in the same event.
In long-track speedskating, Dutch men start as favourites in the 5,000 meter relay while it's athletes from Russia who stand ahead as front runners in the short track 500 meter section. The women's 1000 meters relay looks to be an all South Korea affair, although Italy's Arianna Fontana has also come good in recent times.
The ladies from Norway and Canada have shown to be ahead in the run when it comes to biathlon team relay. However, Russia is also ahead in the medal contention.
Norway is in the lead of the medals tally with ten gold medals as on February 20, 2014 after close of play, with US and Germany right behind on eight gold each.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?