Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds’ Prospect Winger Contemplates on Leaving Werder Bremen
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 21, 2014 5:39 PM EST
Liverpool prospect Eljero Elia disclosed that his days with Werder Bremen could be numbered, following insufficient first-team opportunities as of late.
Eljero Elia (R) revealed that he might leave Bremen earlier than expected
The 27-year-old has made 18 starts for the Bundesliga outfit this season, but a developing trend of having him come off the pitch early and using him as a substitute made him frustrated.
He has been, recently, subbed off at the 76th minute during their fixture on Saturday against Borussia Monchengladbach, wherein the match ended in a 1-1 draw.
The Belgian international joined Bremen last summer and signed a contract that ties him to the club until 2016.
However, his recent revelations regarding his unhappiness with the way the manager has been treating him could see him take an early exit at the end of the season.
"I am always unhappy when I am not playing matches from the start. Therefore I am well able to imagine leaving Werder Bremen, although at this point in time I am unable to make a comment on the issue," Elia told Sky Sports.
"We will only be able to see what's on at the end of the campaign. Either I am to stay on or Werder Bremen is selling me then."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports