Kurt Cobain’s Iconic Fashion Style Ending Up in Fashion Shows, Even Kylie Jenner is Sporting One
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 21, 2014 5:37 PM EST
Was Nirvana's front man Kurt Cobain the first person to introduce ripped jeans and flannel shirt? Somehow, during the peak of Cobain's career, he had been known to sport the said fashion style with his signature bed head hair. Now nearing 20 years after Nirvana's front man death, the style ended up on the catwalks of fashions shows, and even Kylie Jenner seems to go grunge.
16-year-old Keeping Up With The Kardashians star Kylie Jenner, daughter of Bruce Jenner, was spotted by dailymail.uk wearing ripped jeans, flannel shirt and aviator glasses as she held green smoothies on both hands, leaving a café in Los Angeles.
Indeed, Kurt Cobain's iconic fashion style was famous in the 90s, but he would never have expected the image to stay until the twenty first century. Flannel shirt was even number 2 on Stylecaster's 15 Hipster Trends That Are Actually Stylish in 2013, while ripped jeans came in 12.
The iconic fashion style has come a long way from where it originated. Kurt Cobain grew up in Aberdeen, Washington. Independent reported that there had been plans of Nirvana Day in the nearby town of Hoquiam where he lived briefly, and it was what brought the mayor of Aberdeen to honour Cobain.
On a report from IBN, Feb. 20 was proclaimed by the mayor of Aberdeen and the city council as Kurt Cobain Day, which will become an annual celebration. The city's proclamation was announced on the radio on Feb. 12.To be expected, Nirvana's fans would be celebrating, and going grunge.
"Aberdeen residents may justifiably take pride in the role our community played in the life of Kurt Cobain and the international recognition our community has gained from its connections with Kurt Cobain and his artistic achievements," KXRO Newsradio declared.
As it happens, Feb. 20 is the birth date of Nirvana's front man. Aberdeen was spot on to pay tribute to its famous son and star Kurt Cobain.
The late Cobain died at an early age of 27 when he killed himself due to heroin and depression. But before he dies, the impact he brought already marked the music scene-even the fashion scene. Cobain made a lasting impression that brands like Bed Head and Teen Spirit used his songs, however, accidentally, as brands' inspiration.
Read more about Kurt Cobain when the book by Charles R. Cross entitled "Here We Are Now: The Lasting Impact of Kurt Cobain" is released. The book will be available on bookstores on March 18 as reported on MTV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate