Kurt Cobain’s Iconic Fashion Style Ending Up in Fashion Shows, Even Kylie Jenner is Sporting One
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 21, 2014 5:37 PM EST
Was Nirvana's front man Kurt Cobain the first person to introduce ripped jeans and flannel shirt? Somehow, during the peak of Cobain's career, he had been known to sport the said fashion style with his signature bed head hair. Now nearing 20 years after Nirvana's front man death, the style ended up on the catwalks of fashions shows, and even Kylie Jenner seems to go grunge.
16-year-old Keeping Up With The Kardashians star Kylie Jenner, daughter of Bruce Jenner, was spotted by dailymail.uk wearing ripped jeans, flannel shirt and aviator glasses as she held green smoothies on both hands, leaving a café in Los Angeles.
Indeed, Kurt Cobain's iconic fashion style was famous in the 90s, but he would never have expected the image to stay until the twenty first century. Flannel shirt was even number 2 on Stylecaster's 15 Hipster Trends That Are Actually Stylish in 2013, while ripped jeans came in 12.
The iconic fashion style has come a long way from where it originated. Kurt Cobain grew up in Aberdeen, Washington. Independent reported that there had been plans of Nirvana Day in the nearby town of Hoquiam where he lived briefly, and it was what brought the mayor of Aberdeen to honour Cobain.
On a report from IBN, Feb. 20 was proclaimed by the mayor of Aberdeen and the city council as Kurt Cobain Day, which will become an annual celebration. The city's proclamation was announced on the radio on Feb. 12.To be expected, Nirvana's fans would be celebrating, and going grunge.
"Aberdeen residents may justifiably take pride in the role our community played in the life of Kurt Cobain and the international recognition our community has gained from its connections with Kurt Cobain and his artistic achievements," KXRO Newsradio declared.
As it happens, Feb. 20 is the birth date of Nirvana's front man. Aberdeen was spot on to pay tribute to its famous son and star Kurt Cobain.
The late Cobain died at an early age of 27 when he killed himself due to heroin and depression. But before he dies, the impact he brought already marked the music scene-even the fashion scene. Cobain made a lasting impression that brands like Bed Head and Teen Spirit used his songs, however, accidentally, as brands' inspiration.
Read more about Kurt Cobain when the book by Charles R. Cross entitled "Here We Are Now: The Lasting Impact of Kurt Cobain" is released. The book will be available on bookstores on March 18 as reported on MTV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown