Kurt Cobain’s Iconic Fashion Style Ending Up in Fashion Shows, Even Kylie Jenner is Sporting One
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 21, 2014 5:37 PM EST
Was Nirvana's front man Kurt Cobain the first person to introduce ripped jeans and flannel shirt? Somehow, during the peak of Cobain's career, he had been known to sport the said fashion style with his signature bed head hair. Now nearing 20 years after Nirvana's front man death, the style ended up on the catwalks of fashions shows, and even Kylie Jenner seems to go grunge.
16-year-old Keeping Up With The Kardashians star Kylie Jenner, daughter of Bruce Jenner, was spotted by dailymail.uk wearing ripped jeans, flannel shirt and aviator glasses as she held green smoothies on both hands, leaving a café in Los Angeles.
Indeed, Kurt Cobain's iconic fashion style was famous in the 90s, but he would never have expected the image to stay until the twenty first century. Flannel shirt was even number 2 on Stylecaster's 15 Hipster Trends That Are Actually Stylish in 2013, while ripped jeans came in 12.
The iconic fashion style has come a long way from where it originated. Kurt Cobain grew up in Aberdeen, Washington. Independent reported that there had been plans of Nirvana Day in the nearby town of Hoquiam where he lived briefly, and it was what brought the mayor of Aberdeen to honour Cobain.
On a report from IBN, Feb. 20 was proclaimed by the mayor of Aberdeen and the city council as Kurt Cobain Day, which will become an annual celebration. The city's proclamation was announced on the radio on Feb. 12.To be expected, Nirvana's fans would be celebrating, and going grunge.
"Aberdeen residents may justifiably take pride in the role our community played in the life of Kurt Cobain and the international recognition our community has gained from its connections with Kurt Cobain and his artistic achievements," KXRO Newsradio declared.
As it happens, Feb. 20 is the birth date of Nirvana's front man. Aberdeen was spot on to pay tribute to its famous son and star Kurt Cobain.
The late Cobain died at an early age of 27 when he killed himself due to heroin and depression. But before he dies, the impact he brought already marked the music scene-even the fashion scene. Cobain made a lasting impression that brands like Bed Head and Teen Spirit used his songs, however, accidentally, as brands' inspiration.
Read more about Kurt Cobain when the book by Charles R. Cross entitled "Here We Are Now: The Lasting Impact of Kurt Cobain" is released. The book will be available on bookstores on March 18 as reported on MTV.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers