Chelsea FC Transfer News: PSG Striker Wants Out Says Agent, Renews Hope for Blues
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 21, 2014 3:42 PM EST
Chelsea is given renewed hope to signing Paris Saint Germain striker Edinson Cavani, after the latter's agent, Francois Gallardo, revealed that the Uruguay international wants to leave the French capital.
“There is a player of the squad at PSG who is not comfortable and wants to leave called Cavani.” - Francois Gallardo
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is still in the hunt for a world-class striker after failing to acquire one in the last two transfer windows.
The 27-year-old has been linked to the west London club in the past, but Gallardo's statements will prove that Chelsea might have a strong case in bringing in the former Napoli man this coming summer.
"There is a player of the squad at PSG who is not comfortable and wants to leave called Cavani," Gallardo told The Metro.
"If clubs want to sign him - it would soon be time to make a move."
Signing Cavani, who is suggested to cost around £50million, will not come in cheap for the Blues.
But with the "Special One" desperate to land a consistent goalscorer, which appears to be the only missing piece to make his squad reach their full potential, Chelsea might find it hard to pass up such opportunity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29