Chelsea FC Transfer News: PSG Striker Wants Out Says Agent, Renews Hope for Blues
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 21, 2014 3:42 PM EST
Chelsea is given renewed hope to signing Paris Saint Germain striker Edinson Cavani, after the latter's agent, Francois Gallardo, revealed that the Uruguay international wants to leave the French capital.
“There is a player of the squad at PSG who is not comfortable and wants to leave called Cavani.” - Francois Gallardo
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is still in the hunt for a world-class striker after failing to acquire one in the last two transfer windows.
The 27-year-old has been linked to the west London club in the past, but Gallardo's statements will prove that Chelsea might have a strong case in bringing in the former Napoli man this coming summer.
"There is a player of the squad at PSG who is not comfortable and wants to leave called Cavani," Gallardo told The Metro.
"If clubs want to sign him - it would soon be time to make a move."
Signing Cavani, who is suggested to cost around £50million, will not come in cheap for the Blues.
But with the "Special One" desperate to land a consistent goalscorer, which appears to be the only missing piece to make his squad reach their full potential, Chelsea might find it hard to pass up such opportunity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu