Chelsea FC Transfer News: PSG Striker Wants Out Says Agent, Renews Hope for Blues
By Mark Wayne Eubank | February 21, 2014 3:42 PM EST
Chelsea is given renewed hope to signing Paris Saint Germain striker Edinson Cavani, after the latter's agent, Francois Gallardo, revealed that the Uruguay international wants to leave the French capital.
“There is a player of the squad at PSG who is not comfortable and wants to leave called Cavani.” - Francois Gallardo
Blues boss Jose Mourinho is still in the hunt for a world-class striker after failing to acquire one in the last two transfer windows.
The 27-year-old has been linked to the west London club in the past, but Gallardo's statements will prove that Chelsea might have a strong case in bringing in the former Napoli man this coming summer.
"There is a player of the squad at PSG who is not comfortable and wants to leave called Cavani," Gallardo told The Metro.
"If clubs want to sign him - it would soon be time to make a move."
Signing Cavani, who is suggested to cost around £50million, will not come in cheap for the Blues.
But with the "Special One" desperate to land a consistent goalscorer, which appears to be the only missing piece to make his squad reach their full potential, Chelsea might find it hard to pass up such opportunity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Dallas Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones Badly Wants Mayweather vs. Pacquiao At Cowboys Stadium
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]