10 Most Likely Features of New Android OS, Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Nexus 10 Hinted on Google I/O Highlights
By Ryan Inoyori | February 21, 2014 3:18 PM EST
Google I/O is set on June 25 to 26 at the Moscone West in San Francisco with opportunity to see the upcoming Android OS version. Some features have been aligned which tells what Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Nexus 10 will bring for better user experience this year.
Google I/O Upcoming Event
Even if it is several months away, Google already set the schedule for its upcoming I/O event on June 25 to 26 at Moscone West in San Francisco, California.
Sundar Pichai announced the 7th annual Google I/O event on June from his Google+ account. Everyone may join the live broadcast event in person or remotely via live streaming and through I/O Extended community events around the world.
He will be announcing the details in March as to what the audience should expect and what will take place on the said Google event. According to the official Web site of Google I/O and based on last year's event, agenda are currently covering on-site check-in, bike and coat check, sessions, Developers Sandbox, Google Store hours.
Days 1 and 2 Previews
The Google I/O event holds important discussions regarding Android, Chrome and Apps, Google+, Cloud Platform, Google Maps, YouTube, Google Wallet, Knowledge and Structured Data and Tech talks. No exact details have been revealed regarding any new devices such as Nexus or Chromebooks at the moment.
Below are the Android discussion highlights of the Google I/O event last year:
- Bluetooth development
- Games service
- Networking for Android
- Daydream feature
- Android gaming experience
- Mobile gaming development
- Android graphics performance
- Android cloud storage
- High performance audio
- Accessibility on Android
- SDK build system
- Google Play for Developers
- TV on Android
Upcoming Nexus Devices
This year, the expectation is that Google will launch at least one Nexus device which could be Nexus 6 and Nexus 8 or Nexus 10 tablet. But it is also possible to get all three during the release of a new Android OS version, with LG, ASUS and Samsung as likely candidates to manufacture the next-generation Nexus line. However, others hope HTC and Sony could co-create with Google for 2014.
Based on the plan posted at the Google I/O Session page, below are some clues revealing new stuff coming on next-generation Nexus line:
1. New Bluetooth technology: Android 4.3 features Bluetooth Low Energy and Smart
2. New improvements on gaming experience via Google Play Store: Nexus-exclusive gaming section?
3. More useful Daydream apps
4. Enhancements on graphics performance: More supported GPU or new OpenGL ES version?
5. Updates on the cloud storage: Android Device Manager appeared on Android KitKat
6. Audio improvements focus: Nexus 5 features low-powered music playback
7. New accessibility features: Better Blind and Low-Vision supports
8. User interface developments: Android KitKat's UI is lighter compared to previous versions
9. TV support may end up on new Nexus devices: Chromecast already servicing Android KitKat
10. More performance enhancements on the system: Script on Android KitKat better than Android Jelly Bean.
These glimpses of possible hardware parts of the upcoming Nexus line should be taken with a grain of salt, as it is difficult to say what features will make it to the new devices as of this time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- PS4 v. Xbox One: More Details For Firmware 2.0 Update, Xbox Screenshot Feature And Paid Xbox Music Emerge
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS