Next HTC Flagship Phone HTC One Sequel 'Best Will Get Better' Shall Be Disclosed On March 25
By Judith Aparri | February 21, 2014 3:14 PM EST
HTC apparently avoids the madhouse in this month's Mobile World Congress in favor to its dedication to the successor of HTC One. Many companies use MWC as a venue for huge announcements and the Taiwanese giant phonemaker is playing it smart. The invitation does not disclose the name of HTC's phone nor has any detail of it, so the public needs to wait for the release date to find out more.
Better Than the Best
Speculations about the "best will get better" phone abound. Rumors spread that the screen size may come out 5 inches more while the screen resolution remains the same. Powering the unit is a Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor. The lens of a mythical camera on the device' rear is also leaked. There are suggestions that it will feature an UltraPixel and improvements in focus settings to give more quality to the handset.
What Would the Name Be?
The name of the sequel of HTC One as "One" can present a problem. Using the codename M8 can work, but it is not likely to make it to the finished product, where it should find a connection to the old One, like adding Two or the '2' figure as HTC One Two or HTC One 2. For that, no one outside HTC knows.
Potential features suggested it shall be called HTC One+, which ties to the sequels of the old. For instance, One X was tailed by One X+ in 2012. Buut adding the "plus" sounds more like a refresh than a sequel. On another note, HTC opts to disguise number two, which does not seem attractive or some superscript, which seems to work visually. Still, we can call it One-Two until the time when its name will also be revealed.
Meanwhile, we can check the rumors for the successor of HTC One and see more details of it in the March announcement. There is one thing that its maker promises for its flagship phone, it shall be the "best will get better."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments