'Far Cry 4': More Clues Pointing to Why the Game is Coming
By Gel Galang | February 21, 2014 2:36 PM EST
After the very teasing tweet that Ubisoft has left fans alongside the screenshot of the antagonist Vaas, it seems that the hype for "Far Cry 4" has been renewed.
@Wander_SX It's actually just about how insane ski jumping is! Trust us if there is any news about a new Far Cry game you'll know about it.
— Ubisoft (@Ubisoft) February 19, 2014
But now, another bit of rumour has popped up, this time about the possible location of "Far Cry 4."
*Mini games will be coming to Minecraft Realms: Read the details here.
In a report from VG 24/7, industry insider Superannuation stated that the next location for the game may be the Himalayas.
"Far Cry 4 sounds super boring from the rumours. It's the third game more or less transposed to the Himalayas or adjacent locale + monsters (?)," said Superannuation via Twitter.
Far Cry 4 sounds super boring from the rumors. It's the third game more or less transposed to the Himalayas or adjacent locale + monsters(?) — superannuation (@supererogatory) February 5, 2014
The rumour has been backed by a LinkedIn resume of someone from Ubisoft Shanghai, and while there has not been any confirmation from Ubisoft, the snowy environment of the Himalayas can very well match the recently leaked photo of ski jumping---how much more insane can players get with ski jumping in the Himalayas, right?
Other Rumours Heard About 'Far Cry 4' From the Past
In late 2013, The Examiner has brought up a rumour of co-op and online companion modes coming to "Far Cry 4." With the success of "Far Cry 3," the only thing that some players have noted in the game is the lack of co-op, which would have the game a lot better.
"Far Cry 4 is coming on strong. Currently code named Omega (nothing to do with Blood Dragon, funny enough). Open world with RPG elements mixed in. Will have coop and an online companion too," said a source close to the project, as quoted by The Examiner.
The idea of an online companion does sound like something a Ubisoft title would have, and given the integration of an official mobile app in its more recent games, including "Watch Dogs" and "Thief," the release of a "Far Cry 4"-integrated app may not be too farfetched.
As far as the release date is concerned, Pixelenemy has previously reported that it may see a release sometime in Q4 of 2014. The report has quoted a NeoGAF user Kaysee who has previously leaked legitimate information about some Ubisoft games going on sale.
Still, nothing is definite until it comes straight from Ubisoft's headquarters, so best to take these with a grain of salt and watch out for further updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity