'Far Cry 4': More Clues Pointing to Why the Game is Coming
By Gel Galang | February 21, 2014 2:36 PM EST
After the very teasing tweet that Ubisoft has left fans alongside the screenshot of the antagonist Vaas, it seems that the hype for "Far Cry 4" has been renewed.
@Wander_SX It's actually just about how insane ski jumping is! Trust us if there is any news about a new Far Cry game you'll know about it.
— Ubisoft (@Ubisoft) February 19, 2014
But now, another bit of rumour has popped up, this time about the possible location of "Far Cry 4."
*Mini games will be coming to Minecraft Realms: Read the details here.
In a report from VG 24/7, industry insider Superannuation stated that the next location for the game may be the Himalayas.
"Far Cry 4 sounds super boring from the rumours. It's the third game more or less transposed to the Himalayas or adjacent locale + monsters (?)," said Superannuation via Twitter.
Far Cry 4 sounds super boring from the rumors. It's the third game more or less transposed to the Himalayas or adjacent locale + monsters(?) — superannuation (@supererogatory) February 5, 2014
The rumour has been backed by a LinkedIn resume of someone from Ubisoft Shanghai, and while there has not been any confirmation from Ubisoft, the snowy environment of the Himalayas can very well match the recently leaked photo of ski jumping---how much more insane can players get with ski jumping in the Himalayas, right?
Other Rumours Heard About 'Far Cry 4' From the Past
In late 2013, The Examiner has brought up a rumour of co-op and online companion modes coming to "Far Cry 4." With the success of "Far Cry 3," the only thing that some players have noted in the game is the lack of co-op, which would have the game a lot better.
"Far Cry 4 is coming on strong. Currently code named Omega (nothing to do with Blood Dragon, funny enough). Open world with RPG elements mixed in. Will have coop and an online companion too," said a source close to the project, as quoted by The Examiner.
The idea of an online companion does sound like something a Ubisoft title would have, and given the integration of an official mobile app in its more recent games, including "Watch Dogs" and "Thief," the release of a "Far Cry 4"-integrated app may not be too farfetched.
As far as the release date is concerned, Pixelenemy has previously reported that it may see a release sometime in Q4 of 2014. The report has quoted a NeoGAF user Kaysee who has previously leaked legitimate information about some Ubisoft games going on sale.
Still, nothing is definite until it comes straight from Ubisoft's headquarters, so best to take these with a grain of salt and watch out for further updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique