‘Bonnaroo 2014’ Lineup Reveals Kanye West, Elton John and More: Things to Know About the Music Festival
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 21, 2014 2:32 PM EST
Six years ago, in 2008, Kanye West had the unfortunate Bonnaroo experience when he was booed on the stage and he just had to walk off. But to Bonnaroo's credit, it still managed to place Kanye West' name alongside Elton John as headliners for Bonnaroo 2014.
"First and foremost, we think Kanye is one of the most prolific and groundbreaking artists of this generation," Rick Farman, co-founder of Superfly, the production company behind the festival, explained as to why the festival decided to book Kanye West again after a terrible performance following his late arrival and then attacking the event's organizers in an open letter in 2008 as reported on CoS.
"Everyone has moved on-it's in the past," Farman assured the Bonnaroovians. "We're happy he wants to come back to Bonnaroo and is embracing this. It's a great opportunity for everyone to look forward, and we think it's a great opportunity for the Bonnaroo community to show what it's made of."
Farman believed that having Kanye back on the festival goes back to what Bonnaroo stands for: It's about having a good time, radiating positivity and that whole message.
"We couldn't be more excited about what we think has the potential to be another historic Bonnaroo moment," Farman concluded.
Jack White, Lionel Ritchie, Vampire Weekend, the Avette Brothers and Phoenix will also perform as headliners at the event in Manchester, Tennessee happening on July 12-15 according to Bonnaroo Web site.
The musicians playing on the Music and Arts Festival will vary from jam bands, roots artists, and hiphop and R&B singers. The Bonnaroo audience will get an all-star mash-up act of a number of artists with Skrillex tapped to host one of the jam sessions as reported on Los Angeles Times.
Paul Mccartney, Jack Johnson, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Bjork, Wilco, Pretty Lights and more had played in Bonnaroo 2013, giving the event a boost of its reputation as what seemed to be the best music festival in the U.S.
13 years of playing good music, Bonnaroo is expected to give yet another promising experience for the Bonnaroovians in 2014.
Superfly and AC Entertainment is making Bonnaroo a possible event for an estimated 80, 000 people attendees. The tickets will go on sale on Feb. 22, noon EST, starting at $249.50 to $1,499.50 for a pair of Bonnaroo tickets.
WATCH: The Lineup Announcement for Bonnaroo 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions