‘Bonnaroo 2014’ Lineup Reveals Kanye West, Elton John and More: Things to Know About the Music Festival
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 21, 2014 2:32 PM EST
Six years ago, in 2008, Kanye West had the unfortunate Bonnaroo experience when he was booed on the stage and he just had to walk off. But to Bonnaroo's credit, it still managed to place Kanye West' name alongside Elton John as headliners for Bonnaroo 2014.
"First and foremost, we think Kanye is one of the most prolific and groundbreaking artists of this generation," Rick Farman, co-founder of Superfly, the production company behind the festival, explained as to why the festival decided to book Kanye West again after a terrible performance following his late arrival and then attacking the event's organizers in an open letter in 2008 as reported on CoS.
"Everyone has moved on-it's in the past," Farman assured the Bonnaroovians. "We're happy he wants to come back to Bonnaroo and is embracing this. It's a great opportunity for everyone to look forward, and we think it's a great opportunity for the Bonnaroo community to show what it's made of."
Farman believed that having Kanye back on the festival goes back to what Bonnaroo stands for: It's about having a good time, radiating positivity and that whole message.
"We couldn't be more excited about what we think has the potential to be another historic Bonnaroo moment," Farman concluded.
Jack White, Lionel Ritchie, Vampire Weekend, the Avette Brothers and Phoenix will also perform as headliners at the event in Manchester, Tennessee happening on July 12-15 according to Bonnaroo Web site.
The musicians playing on the Music and Arts Festival will vary from jam bands, roots artists, and hiphop and R&B singers. The Bonnaroo audience will get an all-star mash-up act of a number of artists with Skrillex tapped to host one of the jam sessions as reported on Los Angeles Times.
Paul Mccartney, Jack Johnson, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Bjork, Wilco, Pretty Lights and more had played in Bonnaroo 2013, giving the event a boost of its reputation as what seemed to be the best music festival in the U.S.
13 years of playing good music, Bonnaroo is expected to give yet another promising experience for the Bonnaroovians in 2014.
Superfly and AC Entertainment is making Bonnaroo a possible event for an estimated 80, 000 people attendees. The tickets will go on sale on Feb. 22, noon EST, starting at $249.50 to $1,499.50 for a pair of Bonnaroo tickets.
WATCH: The Lineup Announcement for Bonnaroo 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage