‘Bonnaroo 2014’ Lineup Reveals Kanye West, Elton John and More: Things to Know About the Music Festival
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 21, 2014 2:32 PM EST
Six years ago, in 2008, Kanye West had the unfortunate Bonnaroo experience when he was booed on the stage and he just had to walk off. But to Bonnaroo's credit, it still managed to place Kanye West' name alongside Elton John as headliners for Bonnaroo 2014.
"First and foremost, we think Kanye is one of the most prolific and groundbreaking artists of this generation," Rick Farman, co-founder of Superfly, the production company behind the festival, explained as to why the festival decided to book Kanye West again after a terrible performance following his late arrival and then attacking the event's organizers in an open letter in 2008 as reported on CoS.
"Everyone has moved on-it's in the past," Farman assured the Bonnaroovians. "We're happy he wants to come back to Bonnaroo and is embracing this. It's a great opportunity for everyone to look forward, and we think it's a great opportunity for the Bonnaroo community to show what it's made of."
Farman believed that having Kanye back on the festival goes back to what Bonnaroo stands for: It's about having a good time, radiating positivity and that whole message.
"We couldn't be more excited about what we think has the potential to be another historic Bonnaroo moment," Farman concluded.
Jack White, Lionel Ritchie, Vampire Weekend, the Avette Brothers and Phoenix will also perform as headliners at the event in Manchester, Tennessee happening on July 12-15 according to Bonnaroo Web site.
The musicians playing on the Music and Arts Festival will vary from jam bands, roots artists, and hiphop and R&B singers. The Bonnaroo audience will get an all-star mash-up act of a number of artists with Skrillex tapped to host one of the jam sessions as reported on Los Angeles Times.
Paul Mccartney, Jack Johnson, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Bjork, Wilco, Pretty Lights and more had played in Bonnaroo 2013, giving the event a boost of its reputation as what seemed to be the best music festival in the U.S.
13 years of playing good music, Bonnaroo is expected to give yet another promising experience for the Bonnaroovians in 2014.
Superfly and AC Entertainment is making Bonnaroo a possible event for an estimated 80, 000 people attendees. The tickets will go on sale on Feb. 22, noon EST, starting at $249.50 to $1,499.50 for a pair of Bonnaroo tickets.
WATCH: The Lineup Announcement for Bonnaroo 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2