‘Bonnaroo 2014’ Lineup Reveals Kanye West, Elton John and More: Things to Know About the Music Festival
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 21, 2014 2:32 PM EST
Six years ago, in 2008, Kanye West had the unfortunate Bonnaroo experience when he was booed on the stage and he just had to walk off. But to Bonnaroo's credit, it still managed to place Kanye West' name alongside Elton John as headliners for Bonnaroo 2014.
"First and foremost, we think Kanye is one of the most prolific and groundbreaking artists of this generation," Rick Farman, co-founder of Superfly, the production company behind the festival, explained as to why the festival decided to book Kanye West again after a terrible performance following his late arrival and then attacking the event's organizers in an open letter in 2008 as reported on CoS.
"Everyone has moved on-it's in the past," Farman assured the Bonnaroovians. "We're happy he wants to come back to Bonnaroo and is embracing this. It's a great opportunity for everyone to look forward, and we think it's a great opportunity for the Bonnaroo community to show what it's made of."
Farman believed that having Kanye back on the festival goes back to what Bonnaroo stands for: It's about having a good time, radiating positivity and that whole message.
"We couldn't be more excited about what we think has the potential to be another historic Bonnaroo moment," Farman concluded.
Jack White, Lionel Ritchie, Vampire Weekend, the Avette Brothers and Phoenix will also perform as headliners at the event in Manchester, Tennessee happening on July 12-15 according to Bonnaroo Web site.
The musicians playing on the Music and Arts Festival will vary from jam bands, roots artists, and hiphop and R&B singers. The Bonnaroo audience will get an all-star mash-up act of a number of artists with Skrillex tapped to host one of the jam sessions as reported on Los Angeles Times.
Paul Mccartney, Jack Johnson, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Bjork, Wilco, Pretty Lights and more had played in Bonnaroo 2013, giving the event a boost of its reputation as what seemed to be the best music festival in the U.S.
13 years of playing good music, Bonnaroo is expected to give yet another promising experience for the Bonnaroovians in 2014.
Superfly and AC Entertainment is making Bonnaroo a possible event for an estimated 80, 000 people attendees. The tickets will go on sale on Feb. 22, noon EST, starting at $249.50 to $1,499.50 for a pair of Bonnaroo tickets.
WATCH: The Lineup Announcement for Bonnaroo 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build