Will Winds of Winter be Released After ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5? Advance Screening of Season 4
By Sachin Trivedi | February 21, 2014 1:57 PM EST
"Game of Thrones" fans who have read the books are getting really impatient for the release of the next book "Winds of Winter." The author George R. R. Martin meanwhile holds advance screening of season 4 episode 1.
There is good reason for the "Winds of Winter" to be released after "Game of Thrones" Season 5. There is little surprise and shock value to the fans who have already read the books and later watch the TV show.
If "Game of Thrones" Season 5 were to contain a few scenes that have not yet been written in the books, it would make the season that much more gripping and popular. The author has been involved with the TV series in the past and writing a few scenes specifically for HBO would not be unimaginable.
The only other option would be to release "Winds of Winter" by 2015 at the latest. This would give the producers enough time to plan the next season and get the script ready. There is a lot of work involved in the planning process which includes coming up with the graphic designs of the sets and anticipating potential challenges while making the show.
"Winds of Winter" released in 2015 may still put the producers in enough stress to deliver on the high quality of the show that fans have come to expect over the years. Dragging the script from the material already available could potentially compromise on the quality of the show.
Meanwhile New Mexicans are in for a treat with HBO agreeing to screen the first episode of "Game of Thrones" Season 4 in Santa Fe one week before its official premiere on TV. The show will be screened 3 times at the Jean Cocteau theatre in Santa Fe.
The first show will be in Spanish to cater to the large Hispanic community in New Mexico. The show in the evening is by invitation only and the party after the screening will be held at Sanbusco Center, which is also by invitation only.
The advance screening of episode 1 of "Game of Thrones" Season 4 is not the official premiere by HBO. George R.R. Martin will let HBO make the announcement of the official premiere.
The official premiere of "Game of Thrones" Season 3 was held in Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles. The premiere was followed by advance screening in San Francisco and Seattle.
The advance screening at the Jean Cocteau theatre will follow after the official screening by HBO. For the screening in Santa Fe, 75 of the 125 tickets for one screening will be given away as door prizes to those attending the weekly "Game of Thrones" marathon shows.
More Articles to Read
'Transformers' 4 Official Trailer Shows Dinobots Extreme Action [Cast and Release Date] [Watch Video] [Read]
'Hannibal' Season 2 New Posters Revealed Release Date in Feb [Read]
'Ride Along' Grosses Over $100 Million, Part 2 on the Way [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones