Will Winds of Winter be Released After ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5? Advance Screening of Season 4
By Sachin Trivedi | February 21, 2014 1:57 PM EST
"Game of Thrones" fans who have read the books are getting really impatient for the release of the next book "Winds of Winter." The author George R. R. Martin meanwhile holds advance screening of season 4 episode 1.
There is good reason for the "Winds of Winter" to be released after "Game of Thrones" Season 5. There is little surprise and shock value to the fans who have already read the books and later watch the TV show.
If "Game of Thrones" Season 5 were to contain a few scenes that have not yet been written in the books, it would make the season that much more gripping and popular. The author has been involved with the TV series in the past and writing a few scenes specifically for HBO would not be unimaginable.
The only other option would be to release "Winds of Winter" by 2015 at the latest. This would give the producers enough time to plan the next season and get the script ready. There is a lot of work involved in the planning process which includes coming up with the graphic designs of the sets and anticipating potential challenges while making the show.
"Winds of Winter" released in 2015 may still put the producers in enough stress to deliver on the high quality of the show that fans have come to expect over the years. Dragging the script from the material already available could potentially compromise on the quality of the show.
Meanwhile New Mexicans are in for a treat with HBO agreeing to screen the first episode of "Game of Thrones" Season 4 in Santa Fe one week before its official premiere on TV. The show will be screened 3 times at the Jean Cocteau theatre in Santa Fe.
The first show will be in Spanish to cater to the large Hispanic community in New Mexico. The show in the evening is by invitation only and the party after the screening will be held at Sanbusco Center, which is also by invitation only.
The advance screening of episode 1 of "Game of Thrones" Season 4 is not the official premiere by HBO. George R.R. Martin will let HBO make the announcement of the official premiere.
The official premiere of "Game of Thrones" Season 3 was held in Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Los Angeles. The premiere was followed by advance screening in San Francisco and Seattle.
The advance screening at the Jean Cocteau theatre will follow after the official screening by HBO. For the screening in Santa Fe, 75 of the 125 tickets for one screening will be given away as door prizes to those attending the weekly "Game of Thrones" marathon shows.
More Articles to Read
'Transformers' 4 Official Trailer Shows Dinobots Extreme Action [Cast and Release Date] [Watch Video] [Read]
'Hannibal' Season 2 New Posters Revealed Release Date in Feb [Read]
'Ride Along' Grosses Over $100 Million, Part 2 on the Way [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon