Update Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update XXUENAA Firmware: OTA Arrives in Russia and Switzerland
By Precious Silva | February 21, 2014 1:48 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S4 units in European regions have just received the I9505XXUENAA Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware. For users who wish to get the update already, they can update their devices manually. The manual installation process provided is for unlocked Galaxy S4 with model number GT-I9505. Trying the update on other models may lead to unfavorable results.
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
Disclaimer: Providers of the update cannot be held responsible for what happens to the device following installation. Users can update at their own risk.
Prior to starting the update, it is important for people to check if their Samsung Galaxy S4 has the model number GT-I9505. The device should be charged at least 80 per cent. Users must enable the USB Debugging mode as well. To do this, go to Settings and open Developer Options.
To install the Android Jelly Bean 4.3 Official Build (XXUENAA) on the Galaxy S4 device, follow these steps:
1. Download the update for the device. There are specific download links including for Switzerland and Russia.
2. Switch the device to download mode. Do this by pressing the Home, Volume Down and Power buttons all together. Once the warning prompt shows, press Volume Up.
3. Extract the files from the Odin v3.07. Right click on the Odin v3.07.exe and run under administrator permission.
4. Connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 to the computer via USB. Wait for the yellow prompt indicating "Added." If the prompt does not appear, users may have to reinstall the USB drivers on their computer.
5. Inside Odin, choose the specified files under in the firmware archive:
a. Open PDA and choose the file ending in .tar.md5.
b. Open Phone and choose the file with Modem in the file path.
c. Open CSC and choose the file with CSC in the file path.
d. Open PIT and choose the file with .pit in the file path.
7. Uncheck Auto-Partition then select Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
8. Press start. The installation process will begin immediately. Wait for the installation process to be completed.
The phone should reboot and users should have the new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on their phones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]