Sharknado 2: Five Things to Know About the Television Movie Sequel
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 21, 2014 1:44 PM EST
Enough Said. Here comes the second one. The horror, sci-fi, thriller Sharknado sequel is sinking its sharks' jaws on Vivica A. Fox and Mark McGrath who are both new on the set as revealed on SyFy channel on Thursday, Feb 13.
Television personality Kelly Osbourne arrives at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards show in Los Angeles Sept. 23.
"Every once in a while, there is a perfect storm-on television. The fans are clamoring for a sequel. Or perhaps it will be a prequel," Thomas Vitale, executive vice president of programming and original movies for SyFy, said as reported on Us Weekly.
"What we can guarantee is the Sharknado 2 will be lots of fun," Vitale added.
Sharknado 2: The Second One has started filming on Feb. 19. And here are the five things viewers might want to know about the sequel:
First, Kelly Osbourne will appear on a cameo in the role of a flight attendant together with actors Andy Dick who will appear as a police officer, Judah Friedlander as someone named Brian, and Judd Hirsch as a cab driver.
Second, a big storm is headed for New York City. Sharknado sequel is filming on the Big Apple with its star-studded cast. Vivica A. Fox will play an old high school friend of Fin while Mark McGrath plays the role of Fin's brother-in-law as reported on sheknows.com. Apparently, Aubrey Peeples wouldn't be returning, probably because of her busy schedule with Nashville.
Third, Mail Online reported Ian Ziering, reprising his role as Fin, and Vivica A. Fox in full action mode on top of a yellow taxi cab in Manhattan, New York on Wednesday, Feb. 19. Tara Reid was not around for the Big Apple shoot to reprise her role as April. But clearly she would be out there any time soon.
Fourth, Sharknado 2 is using the same low-budget props that they used in Sharknado 1. The props were what attracted the viewers and critics to watch the television movie in the first place.
Fifth, viewers will only have to wait five months before Sharknado 2: the Second One airs on SyFy in July.
Sharknado 1 was such an unexpected television movie hit amassing immense popularity when it was first shown on SyFy channel. CNN reported that Sharknado was so bad it was good. Even celebrities were tweeting about it. The television movie attracted viewers' attentions that almost brought Twitter into a meltdown.
Would the same effect that Sharknado 1 brought to its viewers happen to Sharknado 2? The viewers will have to watch out.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone