Sharknado 2: Five Things to Know About the Television Movie Sequel
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | February 21, 2014 1:44 PM EST
Enough Said. Here comes the second one. The horror, sci-fi, thriller Sharknado sequel is sinking its sharks' jaws on Vivica A. Fox and Mark McGrath who are both new on the set as revealed on SyFy channel on Thursday, Feb 13.
Television personality Kelly Osbourne arrives at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards show in Los Angeles Sept. 23.
"Every once in a while, there is a perfect storm-on television. The fans are clamoring for a sequel. Or perhaps it will be a prequel," Thomas Vitale, executive vice president of programming and original movies for SyFy, said as reported on Us Weekly.
"What we can guarantee is the Sharknado 2 will be lots of fun," Vitale added.
Sharknado 2: The Second One has started filming on Feb. 19. And here are the five things viewers might want to know about the sequel:
First, Kelly Osbourne will appear on a cameo in the role of a flight attendant together with actors Andy Dick who will appear as a police officer, Judah Friedlander as someone named Brian, and Judd Hirsch as a cab driver.
Second, a big storm is headed for New York City. Sharknado sequel is filming on the Big Apple with its star-studded cast. Vivica A. Fox will play an old high school friend of Fin while Mark McGrath plays the role of Fin's brother-in-law as reported on sheknows.com. Apparently, Aubrey Peeples wouldn't be returning, probably because of her busy schedule with Nashville.
Third, Mail Online reported Ian Ziering, reprising his role as Fin, and Vivica A. Fox in full action mode on top of a yellow taxi cab in Manhattan, New York on Wednesday, Feb. 19. Tara Reid was not around for the Big Apple shoot to reprise her role as April. But clearly she would be out there any time soon.
Fourth, Sharknado 2 is using the same low-budget props that they used in Sharknado 1. The props were what attracted the viewers and critics to watch the television movie in the first place.
Fifth, viewers will only have to wait five months before Sharknado 2: the Second One airs on SyFy in July.
Sharknado 1 was such an unexpected television movie hit amassing immense popularity when it was first shown on SyFy channel. CNN reported that Sharknado was so bad it was good. Even celebrities were tweeting about it. The television movie attracted viewers' attentions that almost brought Twitter into a meltdown.
Would the same effect that Sharknado 1 brought to its viewers happen to Sharknado 2? The viewers will have to watch out.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation