#LoserKeepsBieber – USA, Canada Set High Stakes For Olympic Ice Hockey Game
By Anne Lu | February 21, 2014 12:14 PM EST
Winning the ice hockey game at the Sochi Winter Olympics has never been more crucial until now. The U.S. and Canada have set the stakes for the men’s semi-final game on Friday, with the losing country gets to keep Justin Bieber.
The #LoserKeepsBieber hashtag is currently trending on social media, giving the neighbouring nations great inducement to win the match.
Apparently, the losing country will get to keep the 19-year-old tween heartthrob.
The Americans already lost to the Canadians in the women’s gold medal game on Thursday, so it’s up to the men’s semi-final match on Friday to determine which country should Bieber stay for good.
Bieber, a Canadian, appears to have made U.S. his new home, to the dismay of the Americans. And judging from the reactions on Twitter, nobody wants to lose and keep Bieber in their country.
Although his tween supporters come in legions, his fanbase doesn’t extend to other demographics. His questionable behaviour has landed him in trouble with the law a number of times recently, prompting American non-Beliebers to demand for his deportation from the U.S.
The Canadians, meanwhile, refuse to accept him back.
It’s unknown if Bieber knows of his unwitting participation in the very important game, but it’s doubtful that he would acquiesce to it if he knew. #loserkeepsbieber is just a joke and another “friendly” way for the competing countries to trash talk.
The trending hashtag is undoubtedly boosting patriotism among citizens, though.
Sorry. When you took him, he was just a douche on Youtube. You turned him into the mess he is. No returns on damaged merch #loserkeepsbieber
— G (@Garrestotle) February 20, 2014
#TeamCanada has to win! #LoserKeepsBieber — Andrej (@andrej08) February 20, 2014
please USA Hockey ... if you're listening, make sure Canada loses tomorrow so Bieber can go back home #loserkeepsbieber
— Mike O'Hara (@MikeStar35) February 20, 2014
USA needs to win tomorrow... #loserkeepsbieber pic.twitter.com/WlaOTdC4vH — Trevor Bopp (@tboppcruelT) February 20, 2014
Praying Obama and Harper make a #LoserKeepsBieber deal on the game tomorrow. Would be a fight to the death.
— JMac (@PapaJ_Mac) February 20, 2014
I swear, all of the US will be simultaneously smashing their TVs if the men's hockey team loses #LoserKeepsBieber — Marisol (@lunarseawitch) February 20, 2014
— Madison Peercy (@madison_peercy) February 20, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories