#LoserKeepsBieber – USA, Canada Set High Stakes For Olympic Ice Hockey Game
By Anne Lu | February 21, 2014 12:14 PM EST
Winning the ice hockey game at the Sochi Winter Olympics has never been more crucial until now. The U.S. and Canada have set the stakes for the men’s semi-final game on Friday, with the losing country gets to keep Justin Bieber.
The #LoserKeepsBieber hashtag is currently trending on social media, giving the neighbouring nations great inducement to win the match.
Apparently, the losing country will get to keep the 19-year-old tween heartthrob.
The Americans already lost to the Canadians in the women’s gold medal game on Thursday, so it’s up to the men’s semi-final match on Friday to determine which country should Bieber stay for good.
Bieber, a Canadian, appears to have made U.S. his new home, to the dismay of the Americans. And judging from the reactions on Twitter, nobody wants to lose and keep Bieber in their country.
Although his tween supporters come in legions, his fanbase doesn’t extend to other demographics. His questionable behaviour has landed him in trouble with the law a number of times recently, prompting American non-Beliebers to demand for his deportation from the U.S.
The Canadians, meanwhile, refuse to accept him back.
It’s unknown if Bieber knows of his unwitting participation in the very important game, but it’s doubtful that he would acquiesce to it if he knew. #loserkeepsbieber is just a joke and another “friendly” way for the competing countries to trash talk.
The trending hashtag is undoubtedly boosting patriotism among citizens, though.
Sorry. When you took him, he was just a douche on Youtube. You turned him into the mess he is. No returns on damaged merch #loserkeepsbieber
— G (@Garrestotle) February 20, 2014
#TeamCanada has to win! #LoserKeepsBieber — Andrej (@andrej08) February 20, 2014
please USA Hockey ... if you're listening, make sure Canada loses tomorrow so Bieber can go back home #loserkeepsbieber
— Mike O'Hara (@MikeStar35) February 20, 2014
USA needs to win tomorrow... #loserkeepsbieber pic.twitter.com/WlaOTdC4vH — Trevor Bopp (@tboppcruelT) February 20, 2014
Praying Obama and Harper make a #LoserKeepsBieber deal on the game tomorrow. Would be a fight to the death.
— JMac (@PapaJ_Mac) February 20, 2014
I swear, all of the US will be simultaneously smashing their TVs if the men's hockey team loses #LoserKeepsBieber — Marisol (@lunarseawitch) February 20, 2014
— Madison Peercy (@madison_peercy) February 20, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Serena Williams Swagger Back After US Open - Mark Hodgkinson
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Evander Holyfield Says That He Didn’t Make Comments About Floyd Mayweather Fighting With Manny Pacquiao
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best