#LoserKeepsBieber – USA, Canada Set High Stakes For Olympic Ice Hockey Game
By Anne Lu | February 21, 2014 12:14 PM EST
Winning the ice hockey game at the Sochi Winter Olympics has never been more crucial until now. The U.S. and Canada have set the stakes for the men’s semi-final game on Friday, with the losing country gets to keep Justin Bieber.
The #LoserKeepsBieber hashtag is currently trending on social media, giving the neighbouring nations great inducement to win the match.
Apparently, the losing country will get to keep the 19-year-old tween heartthrob.
The Americans already lost to the Canadians in the women’s gold medal game on Thursday, so it’s up to the men’s semi-final match on Friday to determine which country should Bieber stay for good.
Bieber, a Canadian, appears to have made U.S. his new home, to the dismay of the Americans. And judging from the reactions on Twitter, nobody wants to lose and keep Bieber in their country.
Although his tween supporters come in legions, his fanbase doesn’t extend to other demographics. His questionable behaviour has landed him in trouble with the law a number of times recently, prompting American non-Beliebers to demand for his deportation from the U.S.
The Canadians, meanwhile, refuse to accept him back.
It’s unknown if Bieber knows of his unwitting participation in the very important game, but it’s doubtful that he would acquiesce to it if he knew. #loserkeepsbieber is just a joke and another “friendly” way for the competing countries to trash talk.
The trending hashtag is undoubtedly boosting patriotism among citizens, though.
Sorry. When you took him, he was just a douche on Youtube. You turned him into the mess he is. No returns on damaged merch #loserkeepsbieber
— G (@Garrestotle) February 20, 2014
#TeamCanada has to win! #LoserKeepsBieber — Andrej (@andrej08) February 20, 2014
please USA Hockey ... if you're listening, make sure Canada loses tomorrow so Bieber can go back home #loserkeepsbieber
— Mike O'Hara (@MikeStar35) February 20, 2014
USA needs to win tomorrow... #loserkeepsbieber pic.twitter.com/WlaOTdC4vH — Trevor Bopp (@tboppcruelT) February 20, 2014
Praying Obama and Harper make a #LoserKeepsBieber deal on the game tomorrow. Would be a fight to the death.
— JMac (@PapaJ_Mac) February 20, 2014
I swear, all of the US will be simultaneously smashing their TVs if the men's hockey team loses #LoserKeepsBieber — Marisol (@lunarseawitch) February 20, 2014
— Madison Peercy (@madison_peercy) February 20, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- NFL Thanksgiving Games: Chicago Vs. Detroit, Philadelphia Vs. Dallas, And Seattle Vs. San Francisco Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Marussia Formula One Team Keeps Its Promise To Injured Driver
- Phil Hughes No More: Australian Batsman Dies at 25
- Manny Pacquiao Calls Out On Floyd Mayweather Jr. Again After Unbeaten Boxer Mocks Him With His KO Video
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones