'Minecraft' Snapshot 14w08a Released; Mini Games Coming to Minecraft Realms
By Gel Galang | February 21, 2014 12:12 PM EST
A new snapshot has been released by "Minecraft" dubbed snapshot 14w08a, which features quite a number of changes and fixes.
"We've been working on major rewrites (inventories/menus/block models) for the upcoming API still, but here's a bugfixy snapshot in the mean time!" said the Mojang team.
Some of the bugs that have been fixed for the newest snapshot include the renamed Iron Trapdoor, not drowning while swimming, nametag now being sown in the inventory screen, the testforblock command not working with execute command and the hide command for Entities by Ops.
*"Twitch Plays Pokemon" is the next craze related to Nintendo's franchise: Read here for more.
However, Mojang has also warned users that the snapshots can corrupt worlds, so it's best to back up their world or run the snapshot in a different folder
Mini Games Will be Available for Realms on Subscription
Minecraft Realms has just gotten another feature to make the subscription service even more exciting for fans. According to VG 24/7, the new service will be mini games, which was recently revealed by Jens Bergensten, "Minecraft" lead developer.
The video below shows the feature, wherein after players enjoy the mini game, the Realm will be reset to the original state before they leave the mini game. It seems that there are already available games to try, including "Blocks vs Zombies" by SethBling, "The Walls" by Hypixels and "Dash of Dooom" by Dragnoz, but the list is slated to grow longer with future games.
Minecraft Realms has been promised to roll out worldwide for gamers who want to play "Minecraft" together with friends and fellow "Minecraft" lovers. Currently, it is available in Sweden, and is, for the meantime, only available for families and groups.
*"Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" is almost here. Check out this short, funny live trailer that winks at other shooter games.
This new service allows gamers to play "Minecraft" without needing a server, and the version available in Sweden is still considered as a beta phase.
Mr Bergensten adds that the feature will be included in the 1.7.5 update, promised to come in March.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef