'Minecraft' Snapshot 14w08a Released; Mini Games Coming to Minecraft Realms
By Gel Galang | February 21, 2014 12:12 PM EST
A new snapshot has been released by "Minecraft" dubbed snapshot 14w08a, which features quite a number of changes and fixes.
"We've been working on major rewrites (inventories/menus/block models) for the upcoming API still, but here's a bugfixy snapshot in the mean time!" said the Mojang team.
Some of the bugs that have been fixed for the newest snapshot include the renamed Iron Trapdoor, not drowning while swimming, nametag now being sown in the inventory screen, the testforblock command not working with execute command and the hide command for Entities by Ops.
*"Twitch Plays Pokemon" is the next craze related to Nintendo's franchise: Read here for more.
However, Mojang has also warned users that the snapshots can corrupt worlds, so it's best to back up their world or run the snapshot in a different folder
Mini Games Will be Available for Realms on Subscription
Minecraft Realms has just gotten another feature to make the subscription service even more exciting for fans. According to VG 24/7, the new service will be mini games, which was recently revealed by Jens Bergensten, "Minecraft" lead developer.
The video below shows the feature, wherein after players enjoy the mini game, the Realm will be reset to the original state before they leave the mini game. It seems that there are already available games to try, including "Blocks vs Zombies" by SethBling, "The Walls" by Hypixels and "Dash of Dooom" by Dragnoz, but the list is slated to grow longer with future games.
Minecraft Realms has been promised to roll out worldwide for gamers who want to play "Minecraft" together with friends and fellow "Minecraft" lovers. Currently, it is available in Sweden, and is, for the meantime, only available for families and groups.
*"Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare" is almost here. Check out this short, funny live trailer that winks at other shooter games.
This new service allows gamers to play "Minecraft" without needing a server, and the version available in Sweden is still considered as a beta phase.
Mr Bergensten adds that the feature will be included in the 1.7.5 update, promised to come in March.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia