Google Nexus 6 Release Date Soon as Moto X Deals and Discounts Emerge
By Kristin Dian Mariano | February 21, 2014 12:09 PM EST
Google Nexus 6 release date may happen soon as deals and discounts on Moto X emerged.
If rumours proved to be true that Motorola will take the helm in making the next Nexus smartphone, Nexus 6 will be arriving soon as Moto X received different discounts although it has not been a year since its release.
Nexus 6 concept image
Moto X received strong reviews from tech web sites upon its release last year. However, the sales did not quite reflect the strength of the device. Moreover, it fell below the company's expectations. It seemed that consumers favoured Moto X's rivals such as Samsung Galaxy S4 and HTC One.
Due to tepid sales, Motorola put the device on sale since last month and offered the device for less than $100 for one week. This rare offer drew a lot of consumers to the Motorola's web site. Now, days before the Mobile World Congress, the company slashed $70 off the device, with customizations free of charge and wood options costing an additional $25.
With the discount, the 16 GB model of Moto X is available for $329, while the 32 GB variant costs $379. The deal is nothing new but the company extended the discount until Feb. 22. However, there are speculations that Motorola will stick to such pricing after Saturday as the company will release a new device.
However, it is still unconfirmed whether Motorola will be in-charged of manufacturing the Google Nexus 6. There were rumours that Lenovo may make the next Nexus handset brought about the recent business transaction with Google, wherein Lenovo bought Motorola from search engine giant. Moreover, LG can still bag the project since it has done a pretty good job in the past.
Below are some of the rumoured Google Nexus 6 features, although Google has not confirmed the existence and details of the Nexus 6 smartphone:
- 5.2-inch full-HD curved LCD display
- Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- 3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB/128GB storage variants
- Android 4.5 OS
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports