Criminal Minds Season 9 Episode 15 Recap: A Bloody Valentine’s Ritual for Two
By Gel Galang | February 21, 2014 12:02 PM EST
Criminal Minds Season 9 Episode 2 gets in on the post-Valentine's Day celebration with the newest episode. From the get-go, it's hard to picture who the unsub will be, as a runaway girl hitchhikes with an innocent-looking man and ends up with the man's wife offering her a warm shower in the motel that they are staying at.
*The future of Criminal Minds is something worth looking into and waiting for--Erica Messer spills more about the rest of the season: Read the details here.
Instead of the usual immediate kills seen in the first few scenes of Criminal Minds, we're directed immediately to the BAU team headquarters, where Morgan (Shemar Moore) and Garcia (Kristin Vangsness) are talking about their own plans about Valentine's Day.
*After the final BioShock DLC, Irrational Games will be no more: Read the full story here.
JJ (AJ Cook), on the other hand, is going back in the game after her two-week break from what had happened in the 200th episode.
The BAU team is now confronted with the newest string of killings, where sharp-eyed Criminal Minds viewers would realize to be the young runaway--apparently, it really is a supposed romantic story. Only it's more of a bloody Valentine's celebration as the old couple tries to bring back the spark in their marriage with another planned kill.
As JJ and Reid (Matthew Gray Gubler) look for clues, the team finally realize that they are looking for an unsub couple.
Valentine's Day for everyone
Instead of the heartless, cruel and sometimes insane unsubs that have murder written in their history, Criminal Minds viewers are given a glimpse of a normal old couple's lives--pink roses, dancing and a romantic night together, all of which are a prelude to their next murder.
But things change once the woman takes charge, and the team struggles to examine the dynamics of the marriage. It's almost a glimpse of a woman's devotion to her husband, and the sad need of the man to find something more than the marriage allows him to enjoy.
While the couple had tried therapy, it soon became evident to the Criminal Minds BAU team that the foundation of the marriage was anything but strong. And while the husband was away, he was actually doing the killings on his own, with an added extra of rape and assault on the side--proving to be an evidence of cheating for the wife.
In the end, the rocky marriage of the unsub couple paved the way to doubt and the capture of the unsub.
*Titanfall just might turn into an eSports competitive tournament once it finally finds its footing in the gaming scene: Read here for more.
With the case finally at a close, Morgan and Garcia finally go on their spontaneous double dates, with Morgan finally meeting Garcia's new boy toy after her breakup with Kevin, and Garcia finally coming face to face with Morgan's new girlfriend Savannah.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date