Lamar Odom: ‘I Always Speak with Khloe, She’s My Wife’; Ex-Stepfather-in-Law Bruce Jenner a Big Influence for Career Move
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 21, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Lamar Odom revealed that he remains in contact communication with Khloe Kardashian. In December, Khloe filed from divorce from Lamar, but it seems like the former National Basketball Association (NBA) star isn't really letting the 29-year-old reality TV star go.
Then Los Angeles Lakers' Lamar Odom and his wife, television personality Khloe Kardashian sit courtside as they attend the 2011 BBVA All-Star Celebrity basketball game as a part of the NBA All-Star basketball weekend in Los Angeles, in this February 18, 2011 file photo. Reality television personality Kardashian has filed for divorce on December 13, 2013 from her husband of four years, NBA basketball player Odom, capping months of reports that the couple's relationship had turned rocky
Access Hollywood recently caught up with Lamar en route to the airport to fly to Spain. Lamar has signed a two-month deal with a Spanish basketball club, and he said that he is very much looking forward to going there. Lamar revealed that Khloe's stepdad, Bruce Jenner, was a big influence as far as making the next steps for his basketball career is concerned.
"Bruce is, he means a lot to me," Lamar told Access Hollywood.
"Bruce is one of the reasons why I am going to do this, and of course, you know, my family, they all stood by me," he added.
"I am going to do this to make them proud."
Lamar said that Bruce was always one of his biggest supporters, including Kris. He said that his decision of taking his basketball career to Spain was a team effort. He went on and revealed that he always talks to Bruce and Kris through text messages.
"Hopefully, they will be able to come see me soon," Lamar said.
There is no question that Lamar is facing a fork in his basketball career path. Not only that, he had been into a lot of predicaments in the past. At this point, he is just trying to sort his life out. Well, just about everyone comes upon difficult times in their own lives, so people should give him some time. The last pickle that Lamar had to deal with was the divorce that Khloe filed from him.
Asked if he has spoken to Khloe lately, this is what he had to say, "I always speak to Khloe, she's my wife," and he hopes that Khloe can visit him while he is in Spain.
Now, that statement definitely means something. Lamar still calls Khloe his wife. Technically, Khloe is still Lamar's wife until, of course, their divorce is finalised. It makes you wonder what the real score is between them. He was even pictured wearing their wedding ring on the day that he was flying to Spain.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles