Lamar Odom: ‘I Always Speak with Khloe, She’s My Wife’; Ex-Stepfather-in-Law Bruce Jenner a Big Influence for Career Move
By Rachelle Corpuz | February 21, 2014 10:48 AM EST
Lamar Odom revealed that he remains in contact communication with Khloe Kardashian. In December, Khloe filed from divorce from Lamar, but it seems like the former National Basketball Association (NBA) star isn't really letting the 29-year-old reality TV star go.
Then Los Angeles Lakers' Lamar Odom and his wife, television personality Khloe Kardashian sit courtside as they attend the 2011 BBVA All-Star Celebrity basketball game as a part of the NBA All-Star basketball weekend in Los Angeles, in this February 18, 2011 file photo. Reality television personality Kardashian has filed for divorce on December 13, 2013 from her husband of four years, NBA basketball player Odom, capping months of reports that the couple's relationship had turned rocky
Access Hollywood recently caught up with Lamar en route to the airport to fly to Spain. Lamar has signed a two-month deal with a Spanish basketball club, and he said that he is very much looking forward to going there. Lamar revealed that Khloe's stepdad, Bruce Jenner, was a big influence as far as making the next steps for his basketball career is concerned.
"Bruce is, he means a lot to me," Lamar told Access Hollywood.
"Bruce is one of the reasons why I am going to do this, and of course, you know, my family, they all stood by me," he added.
"I am going to do this to make them proud."
Lamar said that Bruce was always one of his biggest supporters, including Kris. He said that his decision of taking his basketball career to Spain was a team effort. He went on and revealed that he always talks to Bruce and Kris through text messages.
"Hopefully, they will be able to come see me soon," Lamar said.
There is no question that Lamar is facing a fork in his basketball career path. Not only that, he had been into a lot of predicaments in the past. At this point, he is just trying to sort his life out. Well, just about everyone comes upon difficult times in their own lives, so people should give him some time. The last pickle that Lamar had to deal with was the divorce that Khloe filed from him.
Asked if he has spoken to Khloe lately, this is what he had to say, "I always speak to Khloe, she's my wife," and he hopes that Khloe can visit him while he is in Spain.
Now, that statement definitely means something. Lamar still calls Khloe his wife. Technically, Khloe is still Lamar's wife until, of course, their divorce is finalised. It makes you wonder what the real score is between them. He was even pictured wearing their wedding ring on the day that he was flying to Spain.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Claims that Fabregas will Play Best Football Under Him
- 10 Celebrities Who Took The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Chris Pratt & LeBron James [VIDEOS]
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists