U.S. Pizza Hut Branch Shut Down After Manager Caught Peeing In Sink
By Anne Lu | February 21, 2014 10:39 AM EST
A Pizza Hut restaurant in the U.S. has been shut down after its manager was caught on camera peeing in the kitchen sink. The unnamed manager was immediately fired, while the West Virginia branch was closed down by local health officials after the video was uploaded online.
The video was dated January 29, and shows the regional manager, who reportedly also managed five other West Virginia Pizza Hut locations, peeing in the kitchen sink.
The man is on a computer then walking over to the metal sink. He then opened his zipper and peed in the sink, where the staff usually prepared the food. He turned on the faucet to flush his urine after relieving himself.
The incident happened after business hours.
Pizza Hut, which learned of the video on Tuesday, has released a statement regarding its employee’s disturbing behaviour, saying it was “embarrassed by the actions of this individual.” It has immediately sacked the person in question.
Mingo County Health Department officials have shut down the branch until further notice, saying that conditions constituting a “substantial hazard to the public health.”
It could take up to weeks before they consider reopening the pizza eatery.
“Pizza Hut has zero tolerance for violations of our operating standards, and the local owner of the restaurant took immediate action and terminated the employee involved,” its statement reads.
“While the isolated incident occurred during non-business hours and did not involve any food tampering, we follow strict safety and handling procedures and the restaurant has since been closed. We apologise to our customers of Kermit, West Virginia and those in our system who have been let down by this situation.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Heart Diseases Can Be Healed with Fat: Study Says
- HIV/AIDS Cure a Step Closer with Anti-Cancer Drugs 'Kicking' Virus Out of Infected Cells
- 232 Teeth Extracted from a Teenager: World Record
- Dwayne Johnson Talks About Overcoming Depression
- Johns Hopkins Hospital Agrees To Pay $190 Million To Settle Gynaecology Scandal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales