Ten Reasons Why Ellen DeGeneres Will Be the Best Oscar Host
By Riza Ornos | February 21, 2014 10:02 AM EST
She is funny, witty and smart. She is Ellen DeGeneres, the host of the 86th annual Academy Awards. The prestigious award show is presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences this upcoming March 2 at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
The 56-year-old talk show host will be hosting the 2014 Oscars for the second time around and her appointment was announced by producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. "We are thrilled to have Ellen DeGeneres host the Oscars," said Zadan and Meron in an interview posted in the Oscar's web site.
"As a longtime friend, we had always hoped to find a project for us to do together and nothing could be more exciting than teaming up to do the Oscars. There are few stars today who have Ellen's gift for comedy, with her great warmth and humanity. She is beloved everywhere and we expect that the audience at the Dolby Theater, and in homes around the globe, will be as excited by this news as we are."
DeGeneres hosted the biggest entertainment celebration of the year on its 79th year in 2007 where she was also nominated for "Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Program." As a host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," she has earned a total of 45 Daytime Emmys during its 10 seasons.
So here are the ten reasons why Ellen DeGeneres will be the best Oscar host.
1. She has done this before and going back for the second time around will be like walking in the park.
2. She can bust a move, dressed in her finest attire, make a joke and not be intimidated by big celebrities.
3. Ellen already warned her fans about being at the 2014 Oscars, so she must be brewing something explosive for the show.
4. She also warned her fans for the effects of her hosting the Oscars which may include lots of tears from laughter and will have an urge to have a party with friends.
5. She definitely knows how to critique beautiful celebrities with expensive clothes.
6. She promises that fans will be smiling for more than three or four hours.
7. She can totally dominate the stage while wearing a tux.
8. She has the ability to let celebrities take off their clothes.
9. She has tons of experience when it comes to calling out stars on touchy subjects.
10. She began her career as an emcee way back before she is famous in her hometown in New Orleans, so he is no doubt the best 2014 Oscar host.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery