Ten Reasons Why Ellen DeGeneres Will Be the Best Oscar Host
By Riza Ornos | February 21, 2014 10:02 AM EST
She is funny, witty and smart. She is Ellen DeGeneres, the host of the 86th annual Academy Awards. The prestigious award show is presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences this upcoming March 2 at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
The 56-year-old talk show host will be hosting the 2014 Oscars for the second time around and her appointment was announced by producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron. "We are thrilled to have Ellen DeGeneres host the Oscars," said Zadan and Meron in an interview posted in the Oscar's web site.
"As a longtime friend, we had always hoped to find a project for us to do together and nothing could be more exciting than teaming up to do the Oscars. There are few stars today who have Ellen's gift for comedy, with her great warmth and humanity. She is beloved everywhere and we expect that the audience at the Dolby Theater, and in homes around the globe, will be as excited by this news as we are."
DeGeneres hosted the biggest entertainment celebration of the year on its 79th year in 2007 where she was also nominated for "Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Program." As a host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," she has earned a total of 45 Daytime Emmys during its 10 seasons.
So here are the ten reasons why Ellen DeGeneres will be the best Oscar host.
1. She has done this before and going back for the second time around will be like walking in the park.
2. She can bust a move, dressed in her finest attire, make a joke and not be intimidated by big celebrities.
3. Ellen already warned her fans about being at the 2014 Oscars, so she must be brewing something explosive for the show.
4. She also warned her fans for the effects of her hosting the Oscars which may include lots of tears from laughter and will have an urge to have a party with friends.
5. She definitely knows how to critique beautiful celebrities with expensive clothes.
6. She promises that fans will be smiling for more than three or four hours.
7. She can totally dominate the stage while wearing a tux.
8. She has the ability to let celebrities take off their clothes.
9. She has tons of experience when it comes to calling out stars on touchy subjects.
10. She began her career as an emcee way back before she is famous in her hometown in New Orleans, so he is no doubt the best 2014 Oscar host.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity