Nokia X Android Phone: Green-Coloured Images and Invite to 2014 Mobile World Congress Circulate Online, Nokia's Tease on Upcoming Android Handset?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | February 21, 2014 9:35 AM EST
Nokia uses green-coloured images featuring a dog, a tree, the letter X and a UFO to tease device enthusiasts on what to expect at the 2014 Mobile World Congress. Even the Finnish smartphone manufacturer's media invite for the upcoming press event has the green hue with the attracting words "Meet Us Under The Tree."
Nokia introduced the images through the Chinese micro-blogging Web site Sina Weibo to incline the interest of the crowd before the 2014 MWC. According to the Android Community report, Nokia initially teased monkeys, a green tree and a treasure map with the green X and the latest addition is a dog.
The report speculates the dog represents the popular term "dogfooding" where devices or apps are being tested out internally. Click HERE to see photos.
Another Android tease reportedly happened when Nokia changed its Facebook and Twitter pages to the colour green from their signature blue colour. The Android Authority reports Nokia is already dropping hints about the arrival of an Android-powered handset.
Reports about the Nokia Android smartphone started to circulate online in 2013, and the recent ones surfacing continue to claim that the device has been given the codename Nokia Normandy or Nokia X. A published Wall Street Journal article claims that the new Nokia device will be making an appearance at the February 2014 Mobile World Congress.
Nokia has also sent out the media invite for the press event that the company will hold at the 2014 Mobile World Congress. The message "Meet Us Under The Tree" has been emphasised with the green leaves from a tree as background.
According to the invite, Nokia's press conference is scheduled to take place on Monday, Feb 24, from 8:30 - 9:30 am local time. Click HERE to see the Nokia invite. The Nokia Normandy budget phone or Nokia X Android phone is expected to make an appearance at the upcoming event along with other rumoured Nokia devices such as the Nokia Lumia 930, 630 and 635 as well as the Nokia Lumia Icon.
The 2014 Mobile World Congress is scheduled to commence on Feb 24 until Feb 27 in Barcelona, Spain.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 1020: AT&T Offers Low Price of $49.99 for Windows Phone Handset - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 1820: Windows Phone Handset to be Officially Unveiled at the 2014 Mobile World Congress? - [READ]
Nokia Lumia 929: 'Icon' Windows Phone Handset Dummy Model Spotted at Fry's Electronics Store, Release Date Rumoured on February 5 or March 5 - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People