Nine Inch Nails Frontman Trent Reznor Vows To Boycott The Grammy Awards
By Anne Lu | February 21, 2014 8:56 AM EST
Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has vowed never to perform at the Grammy Awards again. The 48-year-old rocker has still not forgiven the music award-giving body for cutting short his set at the recent 2014 Grammy Awards ceremony.
Reznor performed the closing set with Josh Homme, Dave Grohl, and Lindsey Buckingham at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards on January 26. However, their performance was cut short on air in favour of showing the credits and ads for Hilton Hotels and Delta Airlines.
The abrupt cut of their performance angered Reznor, who took to his Twitter account to post his sentiment.
Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt FUCK YOU guys.
— Trent Reznor (@trent_reznor) January 27, 2014
Weeks after the show, Reznor is still seething over the incident.
“It was an utter waste of time,” he replied when asked by 3news.co.nz if he would consider going back to the Grammy ceremony.
“And I’ll speak for a second on this. When this came up as an option, ‘Hey, the Grammys would like you to play,’ you know, quite frankly it was flattering. I’m not a fan of the Grammys, as I’ve vocally expressed in the past, I don’t think I’ve ever sat through an entire broadcast. I know I’ve never attended one.”
He said he didn’t even want to perform at the awards show in the first place, but went ahead with it anyway.
“We weren’t expecting that level of insult [laughter],” he continued, adding, “I don’t regret that we did it, but would I ever – in any situation – ever consider possibly patronising that event in any form? Absolutely not.”
Nine Inch Nails was nominated for Best Alternative Music Album for “Hesitation Marks,” but lost to Vampire Weekend.
They will be touring New Zealand with Queens of the Stone Age on March 19 at the Vector Arena in Auckland, March 20 at the TSB Bank Arena in Welligton, and on March 22 at the CBS Canterbury Arena in Christchurch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election