Nine Inch Nails Frontman Trent Reznor Vows To Boycott The Grammy Awards
By Anne Lu | February 21, 2014 8:56 AM EST
Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has vowed never to perform at the Grammy Awards again. The 48-year-old rocker has still not forgiven the music award-giving body for cutting short his set at the recent 2014 Grammy Awards ceremony.
Reznor performed the closing set with Josh Homme, Dave Grohl, and Lindsey Buckingham at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards on January 26. However, their performance was cut short on air in favour of showing the credits and ads for Hilton Hotels and Delta Airlines.
The abrupt cut of their performance angered Reznor, who took to his Twitter account to post his sentiment.
Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt FUCK YOU guys.
— Trent Reznor (@trent_reznor) January 27, 2014
Weeks after the show, Reznor is still seething over the incident.
“It was an utter waste of time,” he replied when asked by 3news.co.nz if he would consider going back to the Grammy ceremony.
“And I’ll speak for a second on this. When this came up as an option, ‘Hey, the Grammys would like you to play,’ you know, quite frankly it was flattering. I’m not a fan of the Grammys, as I’ve vocally expressed in the past, I don’t think I’ve ever sat through an entire broadcast. I know I’ve never attended one.”
He said he didn’t even want to perform at the awards show in the first place, but went ahead with it anyway.
“We weren’t expecting that level of insult [laughter],” he continued, adding, “I don’t regret that we did it, but would I ever – in any situation – ever consider possibly patronising that event in any form? Absolutely not.”
Nine Inch Nails was nominated for Best Alternative Music Album for “Hesitation Marks,” but lost to Vampire Weekend.
They will be touring New Zealand with Queens of the Stone Age on March 19 at the Vector Arena in Auckland, March 20 at the TSB Bank Arena in Welligton, and on March 22 at the CBS Canterbury Arena in Christchurch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan