Nine Inch Nails Frontman Trent Reznor Vows To Boycott The Grammy Awards
By Anne Lu | February 21, 2014 8:56 AM EST
Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has vowed never to perform at the Grammy Awards again. The 48-year-old rocker has still not forgiven the music award-giving body for cutting short his set at the recent 2014 Grammy Awards ceremony.
Reznor performed the closing set with Josh Homme, Dave Grohl, and Lindsey Buckingham at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards on January 26. However, their performance was cut short on air in favour of showing the credits and ads for Hilton Hotels and Delta Airlines.
The abrupt cut of their performance angered Reznor, who took to his Twitter account to post his sentiment.
Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt FUCK YOU guys.
— Trent Reznor (@trent_reznor) January 27, 2014
Weeks after the show, Reznor is still seething over the incident.
“It was an utter waste of time,” he replied when asked by 3news.co.nz if he would consider going back to the Grammy ceremony.
“And I’ll speak for a second on this. When this came up as an option, ‘Hey, the Grammys would like you to play,’ you know, quite frankly it was flattering. I’m not a fan of the Grammys, as I’ve vocally expressed in the past, I don’t think I’ve ever sat through an entire broadcast. I know I’ve never attended one.”
He said he didn’t even want to perform at the awards show in the first place, but went ahead with it anyway.
“We weren’t expecting that level of insult [laughter],” he continued, adding, “I don’t regret that we did it, but would I ever – in any situation – ever consider possibly patronising that event in any form? Absolutely not.”
Nine Inch Nails was nominated for Best Alternative Music Album for “Hesitation Marks,” but lost to Vampire Weekend.
They will be touring New Zealand with Queens of the Stone Age on March 19 at the Vector Arena in Auckland, March 20 at the TSB Bank Arena in Welligton, and on March 22 at the CBS Canterbury Arena in Christchurch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions