Nine Inch Nails Frontman Trent Reznor Vows To Boycott The Grammy Awards
By Anne Lu | February 21, 2014 8:56 AM EST
Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has vowed never to perform at the Grammy Awards again. The 48-year-old rocker has still not forgiven the music award-giving body for cutting short his set at the recent 2014 Grammy Awards ceremony.
Reznor performed the closing set with Josh Homme, Dave Grohl, and Lindsey Buckingham at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards on January 26. However, their performance was cut short on air in favour of showing the credits and ads for Hilton Hotels and Delta Airlines.
The abrupt cut of their performance angered Reznor, who took to his Twitter account to post his sentiment.
Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt FUCK YOU guys.
— Trent Reznor (@trent_reznor) January 27, 2014
Weeks after the show, Reznor is still seething over the incident.
“It was an utter waste of time,” he replied when asked by 3news.co.nz if he would consider going back to the Grammy ceremony.
“And I’ll speak for a second on this. When this came up as an option, ‘Hey, the Grammys would like you to play,’ you know, quite frankly it was flattering. I’m not a fan of the Grammys, as I’ve vocally expressed in the past, I don’t think I’ve ever sat through an entire broadcast. I know I’ve never attended one.”
He said he didn’t even want to perform at the awards show in the first place, but went ahead with it anyway.
“We weren’t expecting that level of insult [laughter],” he continued, adding, “I don’t regret that we did it, but would I ever – in any situation – ever consider possibly patronising that event in any form? Absolutely not.”
Nine Inch Nails was nominated for Best Alternative Music Album for “Hesitation Marks,” but lost to Vampire Weekend.
They will be touring New Zealand with Queens of the Stone Age on March 19 at the Vector Arena in Auckland, March 20 at the TSB Bank Arena in Welligton, and on March 22 at the CBS Canterbury Arena in Christchurch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation