Nine Inch Nails Frontman Trent Reznor Vows To Boycott The Grammy Awards
By Anne Lu | February 21, 2014 8:56 AM EST
Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor has vowed never to perform at the Grammy Awards again. The 48-year-old rocker has still not forgiven the music award-giving body for cutting short his set at the recent 2014 Grammy Awards ceremony.
Reznor performed the closing set with Josh Homme, Dave Grohl, and Lindsey Buckingham at the 56th Annual Grammy Awards on January 26. However, their performance was cut short on air in favour of showing the credits and ads for Hilton Hotels and Delta Airlines.
The abrupt cut of their performance angered Reznor, who took to his Twitter account to post his sentiment.
Music's biggest night... to be disrespected. A heartfelt FUCK YOU guys.
— Trent Reznor (@trent_reznor) January 27, 2014
Weeks after the show, Reznor is still seething over the incident.
“It was an utter waste of time,” he replied when asked by 3news.co.nz if he would consider going back to the Grammy ceremony.
“And I’ll speak for a second on this. When this came up as an option, ‘Hey, the Grammys would like you to play,’ you know, quite frankly it was flattering. I’m not a fan of the Grammys, as I’ve vocally expressed in the past, I don’t think I’ve ever sat through an entire broadcast. I know I’ve never attended one.”
He said he didn’t even want to perform at the awards show in the first place, but went ahead with it anyway.
“We weren’t expecting that level of insult [laughter],” he continued, adding, “I don’t regret that we did it, but would I ever – in any situation – ever consider possibly patronising that event in any form? Absolutely not.”
Nine Inch Nails was nominated for Best Alternative Music Album for “Hesitation Marks,” but lost to Vampire Weekend.
They will be touring New Zealand with Queens of the Stone Age on March 19 at the Vector Arena in Auckland, March 20 at the TSB Bank Arena in Welligton, and on March 22 at the CBS Canterbury Arena in Christchurch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family