‘Gunday’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Arjun Starrer Earns Production Cost; Maintains Steady Pace in India
By Ankita Mehta | February 20, 2014 9:12 PM EST
"Gunday" starring Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh in the lead role is maintaining a steady pace at the box office in India.
The income of the action thriller film has declined slightly during the weekdays, but has still managed to remain steady. The fourth, fifth and sixth day earnings of the film are in the same range.
The film, which also stars Priyanka Chopra and Irrfan Khan in the lead roles, has raked in ₹59.46 crore in six days.
The six days breakup of the film according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday ₹16.12 crore, Saturday ₹12.63 crore, Sunday ₹15.18 crore, Monday ₹5.85 crore, Tuesday ₹5.15 crore and Wednesday ₹4.53 crore.
Although witnessed a drop on huge Monday, the film managed to hold well at the box office. Overall, the film has turned out to be profitable venture and it will emerge as a "hit" film.
Meanwhile, in West Bengal, the film is facing problem with the dubbed version. The members of Tollywood film industry have asked to halt the screening of the dubbed version of the film.
"We have nothing personal against any producers. In fact we have high regard for legendary producer-directors like late Yashji. But as Bengali film industry is poised for a turnaround with audiences returning to the theatres again, any cinematic work dubbed in the language and screened will create an unfair situation. Our gentle request is please stop this. I would have talked to Yashji about this had he been around ... If any artiste from here still wishes to be part of any such dubbing venture we will be forced to boycott him/her," Bengali film superstar Prosenjit Chatterjee told Press Trust of India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists