‘Gunday’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Arjun Starrer Earns Production Cost; Maintains Steady Pace in India
By Ankita Mehta | February 20, 2014 9:12 PM EST
"Gunday" starring Arjun Kapoor and Ranveer Singh in the lead role is maintaining a steady pace at the box office in India.
The income of the action thriller film has declined slightly during the weekdays, but has still managed to remain steady. The fourth, fifth and sixth day earnings of the film are in the same range.
The film, which also stars Priyanka Chopra and Irrfan Khan in the lead roles, has raked in ₹59.46 crore in six days.
The six days breakup of the film according to trade analyst Taran Adarsh is: Friday ₹16.12 crore, Saturday ₹12.63 crore, Sunday ₹15.18 crore, Monday ₹5.85 crore, Tuesday ₹5.15 crore and Wednesday ₹4.53 crore.
Although witnessed a drop on huge Monday, the film managed to hold well at the box office. Overall, the film has turned out to be profitable venture and it will emerge as a "hit" film.
Meanwhile, in West Bengal, the film is facing problem with the dubbed version. The members of Tollywood film industry have asked to halt the screening of the dubbed version of the film.
"We have nothing personal against any producers. In fact we have high regard for legendary producer-directors like late Yashji. But as Bengali film industry is poised for a turnaround with audiences returning to the theatres again, any cinematic work dubbed in the language and screened will create an unfair situation. Our gentle request is please stop this. I would have talked to Yashji about this had he been around ... If any artiste from here still wishes to be part of any such dubbing venture we will be forced to boycott him/her," Bengali film superstar Prosenjit Chatterjee told Press Trust of India.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date