Wozniacki Excited About Marrying McIlroy, Finds Breakup Rumours Tiring
By Shruthi SU | February 20, 2014 8:56 PM EST
Denmark tennis star Caroline Wozniacki has confessed right after her first round match in the Dubai Open that she was excited about marrying her fiance, star golfer Rory McIlroy. However, the former world no. 1 stated that she finds reports about their alleged breakup as tiring and annoying.
"I am so excited - it's such an exciting time," Wozniacki said after the match, not giving away more details about the relationship.
There have been growing rumours on their split since late last year. Wozniacki finally broke her silence on the matter and insisted the speculations do not affect her personally or professionally.
"It's definitely annoying. It's obviously stupid, I don't know exactly who started these rumours. I can only think that it's maybe the people that don't want us together. It's sad that some people write stories based on nothing, because obviously we were always strong and we are going strong," she said as reported by TOI.
"In the beginning we just laughed at the stories. But when they keep appearing you're tired of it. It's, 'move on already', you know."
Wozniacki had changed her racquet from Yonex to Babolat at the start of this season. When asked if she had to consult her fiance in such matters, the 23-year-old said: "No."
"It's a little different. I wouldn't consult Rory on small technical things in tennis. No offence to him. I think for me the most important thing in life is family and being happy and healthy, having good people around me.
"I love playing tennis. That's why I play."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks