No Grounds for Deportation of Canadian Pop Star Justin Bieber
By Maychelle Ornos | February 20, 2014 8:26 PM EST
The petition for the deportation of the international Pop sensation Justin Bieber was signed by those who feel that the 19-year-old singer is a danger to the people of America because of his drug problems and other brushes with the law. The number of signatories in the said petition is increasing but there are still many who ask if this will really result to Bieber being kicked out of the United States.
Singer Justin Bieber performs during his Latin America tour concert at the Jockey Club in Asuncion November 6, 2013.
The number of problems caused by the "Baby" singer included driving under the influence, charges of vandalism after egging his neighbor's house in Calabasas and being suspected of possessing marijuana and other related drugs. Apparently, he also was also resisting arrest after being caught drunk driving and was also found to be using an expired license. Many parents and concerned citizens feel that they are safe when this Pop star is out in the streets.
This is a massive decline in the Pop star's image, especially since teens and younger generations looked up to him. There is also a problem with assaulting a limousine driver but Bieber's lawyer claimed that he was innocent since it was another passenger who made the assault and not his client.
All these commotions with the name of Bieber attached have led to thousands of people disliking the "Baby" singer as the number of signatures in the petition has already surpassed 100,000. This request to deport the said star may not be properly addressed for now as his crimes are still not punishable with such severity.
Apparently, the drunk-driving stint with expired license is not grounds for deportation, according to the Daily News, but crimes that include dealing with drugs, aggravated felonies and those involving moral turpitude are the ones that are deportable. Bieber is still safe for now but he needs to rethink his habit though, if he wants to get on the good side of more than 100,000 of individuals in the US again.
However, his legal battles still continue as there are already several charges against him that needs to be faced. His legal fees may be amounting to several thousand already and it might continue to increase if he goes on with his wild behavior.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers