‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Best Ideas, Which Character is Returning, and High-Class Sherlock Experience before Season 4 Premiere
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 20, 2014 8:24 PM EST
BBC's hugely popular "Sherlock" is the loose adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's short stories, "Sherlock Holmes." The setting of the T.V. series is contemporary, and the writing duo, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, have put their own spin on the original stories. But, the characters come from Doyle's world. Thanks to BBC's "Sherlock," Sir Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and Watson are back in vogue. They have become one of the most talked about fictional duos. And, as a result of this phenomenal popularity, a Sherlock theme park has been announced.
Mirror reports that the the £25 Million Sherlock Holmes theme park is in the pipeline This Park will be located in Portsmouth, the address of Sir Doyle. It promises to provide visitors a "world-class multimedia experience," according to Mail Online.
Steve Pitt of the Portsmouth Cultural Partnership has said that they are looking at a "world-class, Sherlock Holmes experience." This theme park will feature rides, holograms as well as the interactive experience with characters from "Sherlock Holmes." Sherlock Holmes theme park will also have an archive, containing Portsmouth's Arthur Conan Doyle collection, said to be the largest repository for Sherlock Holmes-related "ephemera" in the world.
Pitt is the man behind this "Sherlock" theme park idea. Talking about the project, he was quoted as saying, "It would be very interactive and high quality. There are so many tie-ins around the legacy of Sherlock Holmes being 'born' in Portsmouth." This theme park might get inaugurated before the premiere of Season 4.
BBC has yet to announce "Sherlock" Season 4. However, Moffat and Gatiss and the actors associated with "Sherlock" have confirmed that Season 4 is happening, and Season 5, as well. Moffat had indicated that he and Gatiss have plotted out the entire Season 4 and 5.
"Sherlock" Season 3 brought back Moriarty from the dead, as he appeared on T.V. screens all across the country, asking "did you miss me." In an interview with TV Guide, Moffat said, "We're going to fully account for everything we've done [in Season 3], yes. There will be nothing left dangling."
Moffat confirmed that they have already started working on Season 4 and Season 5. He said: "We knew what we were doing with Moriarty. We had a whole set of specific story ideas mostly for Series 4 but reaching into Series 5."
He also said that he and Gattis got "animated about a set of ideas we could have. I think they're the best set of ideas we've ever had for Sherlock."
Amanda Abbington, who plays Mary, has confirmed that she is returning in Season 4 of "Sherlock." The actress said to TV Guide that she does not see a reason why Mary will not return. Abbington thinks that Mary is "part of the Sherlock family for the time being."
"I get that feeling from people who've seen it and watched it. They like that she's another dynamic. Mary's still pregnant with a baby girl. but you never know with Mark and Steven. Like they said that Moriarty was dead and yet at the end he's back," Abbington added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build