‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Best Ideas, Which Character is Returning, and High-Class Sherlock Experience before Season 4 Premiere
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 20, 2014 8:24 PM EST
BBC's hugely popular "Sherlock" is the loose adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's short stories, "Sherlock Holmes." The setting of the T.V. series is contemporary, and the writing duo, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, have put their own spin on the original stories. But, the characters come from Doyle's world. Thanks to BBC's "Sherlock," Sir Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and Watson are back in vogue. They have become one of the most talked about fictional duos. And, as a result of this phenomenal popularity, a Sherlock theme park has been announced.
Mirror reports that the the £25 Million Sherlock Holmes theme park is in the pipeline This Park will be located in Portsmouth, the address of Sir Doyle. It promises to provide visitors a "world-class multimedia experience," according to Mail Online.
Steve Pitt of the Portsmouth Cultural Partnership has said that they are looking at a "world-class, Sherlock Holmes experience." This theme park will feature rides, holograms as well as the interactive experience with characters from "Sherlock Holmes." Sherlock Holmes theme park will also have an archive, containing Portsmouth's Arthur Conan Doyle collection, said to be the largest repository for Sherlock Holmes-related "ephemera" in the world.
Pitt is the man behind this "Sherlock" theme park idea. Talking about the project, he was quoted as saying, "It would be very interactive and high quality. There are so many tie-ins around the legacy of Sherlock Holmes being 'born' in Portsmouth." This theme park might get inaugurated before the premiere of Season 4.
BBC has yet to announce "Sherlock" Season 4. However, Moffat and Gatiss and the actors associated with "Sherlock" have confirmed that Season 4 is happening, and Season 5, as well. Moffat had indicated that he and Gatiss have plotted out the entire Season 4 and 5.
"Sherlock" Season 3 brought back Moriarty from the dead, as he appeared on T.V. screens all across the country, asking "did you miss me." In an interview with TV Guide, Moffat said, "We're going to fully account for everything we've done [in Season 3], yes. There will be nothing left dangling."
Moffat confirmed that they have already started working on Season 4 and Season 5. He said: "We knew what we were doing with Moriarty. We had a whole set of specific story ideas mostly for Series 4 but reaching into Series 5."
He also said that he and Gattis got "animated about a set of ideas we could have. I think they're the best set of ideas we've ever had for Sherlock."
Amanda Abbington, who plays Mary, has confirmed that she is returning in Season 4 of "Sherlock." The actress said to TV Guide that she does not see a reason why Mary will not return. Abbington thinks that Mary is "part of the Sherlock family for the time being."
"I get that feeling from people who've seen it and watched it. They like that she's another dynamic. Mary's still pregnant with a baby girl. but you never know with Mark and Steven. Like they said that Moriarty was dead and yet at the end he's back," Abbington added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar