‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Update: Best Ideas, Which Character is Returning, and High-Class Sherlock Experience before Season 4 Premiere
By Anshu Shrivastava | February 20, 2014 8:24 PM EST
BBC's hugely popular "Sherlock" is the loose adaptation of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's short stories, "Sherlock Holmes." The setting of the T.V. series is contemporary, and the writing duo, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, have put their own spin on the original stories. But, the characters come from Doyle's world. Thanks to BBC's "Sherlock," Sir Doyle's Sherlock Holmes and Watson are back in vogue. They have become one of the most talked about fictional duos. And, as a result of this phenomenal popularity, a Sherlock theme park has been announced.
Mirror reports that the the £25 Million Sherlock Holmes theme park is in the pipeline This Park will be located in Portsmouth, the address of Sir Doyle. It promises to provide visitors a "world-class multimedia experience," according to Mail Online.
Steve Pitt of the Portsmouth Cultural Partnership has said that they are looking at a "world-class, Sherlock Holmes experience." This theme park will feature rides, holograms as well as the interactive experience with characters from "Sherlock Holmes." Sherlock Holmes theme park will also have an archive, containing Portsmouth's Arthur Conan Doyle collection, said to be the largest repository for Sherlock Holmes-related "ephemera" in the world.
Pitt is the man behind this "Sherlock" theme park idea. Talking about the project, he was quoted as saying, "It would be very interactive and high quality. There are so many tie-ins around the legacy of Sherlock Holmes being 'born' in Portsmouth." This theme park might get inaugurated before the premiere of Season 4.
BBC has yet to announce "Sherlock" Season 4. However, Moffat and Gatiss and the actors associated with "Sherlock" have confirmed that Season 4 is happening, and Season 5, as well. Moffat had indicated that he and Gatiss have plotted out the entire Season 4 and 5.
"Sherlock" Season 3 brought back Moriarty from the dead, as he appeared on T.V. screens all across the country, asking "did you miss me." In an interview with TV Guide, Moffat said, "We're going to fully account for everything we've done [in Season 3], yes. There will be nothing left dangling."
Moffat confirmed that they have already started working on Season 4 and Season 5. He said: "We knew what we were doing with Moriarty. We had a whole set of specific story ideas mostly for Series 4 but reaching into Series 5."
He also said that he and Gattis got "animated about a set of ideas we could have. I think they're the best set of ideas we've ever had for Sherlock."
Amanda Abbington, who plays Mary, has confirmed that she is returning in Season 4 of "Sherlock." The actress said to TV Guide that she does not see a reason why Mary will not return. Abbington thinks that Mary is "part of the Sherlock family for the time being."
"I get that feeling from people who've seen it and watched it. They like that she's another dynamic. Mary's still pregnant with a baby girl. but you never know with Mark and Steven. Like they said that Moriarty was dead and yet at the end he's back," Abbington added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On