‘The Voice’ U.S. Season 6 (2014): Coach Cee Lo Green Announces Shocking Exit Ahead of Feb.24 Premiere of the Show-Details
By jaskiran kaur | February 20, 2014 7:44 PM EST
Veteran musician and "The Voice" coach left all his fans in a shock when he announced his unanticipated exit from the show. The shocking announcement was made in an interview with talk show host Ellen DeGeneres for Feb. 19 episode of her show called "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
Just few days before the premiere of "The Voice" U.S. Season 6 (2014), the coach declared his exit from the hit singing reality show which he joined in the year 2011. In the interview, he did not only announce his exit but also revealed that he will not be returning to the show.
At the end of "The Voice" Season 5, it was announced that singer Usher will fill in the big red chair of the coach Cee Lo Green for the show's Season 6 returning in spring 2014. It is now that Cee Lo Green has made it clear to his fans that he won't be coming back to the show when it returns with its 2014 fall installment.
The news is not all that bad for Cee Lo Green's fans. While making the big announcement, he also revealed his reasons to exit the show, which usually has its coaches rotating through its installments. "The Lady Killer" and "Fool For You" hitmaker announced that he will be leaving the show forever, but will "continue his relationship" with the channel NBC.
According to the Daily Mail report, he is quitting the show because "he has so many other things" that he wants to do. That means, even though he is leaving the show, his fans will get to see him more. He revealed that hasn't released an album for over four years now. Reportedly, he has one in making which is "almost done."
Cee Lo Green revealed that he has bigger plans in future besides the album. Reportedly, he has some "television show development deal" with NBC and he is also looking forward to some "talk show opportunities" in future.
In the end, Cee Lo Green announced that he will definitely miss "The Voice," but he is not coming back to the show.
Cee Lo Green was joined with another sterling artist from the music industry, Lionel Richie on the talk show.
It was earlier announced singer Shakira will be returning alongside Usher in that "The Voice" Season 6 (2014). They will be replacing Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green. Staying put to judge's panel for yet another season are Blake Shelton and Adam Levine. "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) is set to premiere on Monday, Feb. 24 on NBC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate