‘The Voice’ U.S. Season 6 (2014): Coach Cee Lo Green Announces Shocking Exit Ahead of Feb.24 Premiere of the Show-Details
By jaskiran kaur | February 20, 2014 7:44 PM EST
Veteran musician and "The Voice" coach left all his fans in a shock when he announced his unanticipated exit from the show. The shocking announcement was made in an interview with talk show host Ellen DeGeneres for Feb. 19 episode of her show called "The Ellen DeGeneres Show."
Just few days before the premiere of "The Voice" U.S. Season 6 (2014), the coach declared his exit from the hit singing reality show which he joined in the year 2011. In the interview, he did not only announce his exit but also revealed that he will not be returning to the show.
At the end of "The Voice" Season 5, it was announced that singer Usher will fill in the big red chair of the coach Cee Lo Green for the show's Season 6 returning in spring 2014. It is now that Cee Lo Green has made it clear to his fans that he won't be coming back to the show when it returns with its 2014 fall installment.
The news is not all that bad for Cee Lo Green's fans. While making the big announcement, he also revealed his reasons to exit the show, which usually has its coaches rotating through its installments. "The Lady Killer" and "Fool For You" hitmaker announced that he will be leaving the show forever, but will "continue his relationship" with the channel NBC.
According to the Daily Mail report, he is quitting the show because "he has so many other things" that he wants to do. That means, even though he is leaving the show, his fans will get to see him more. He revealed that hasn't released an album for over four years now. Reportedly, he has one in making which is "almost done."
Cee Lo Green revealed that he has bigger plans in future besides the album. Reportedly, he has some "television show development deal" with NBC and he is also looking forward to some "talk show opportunities" in future.
In the end, Cee Lo Green announced that he will definitely miss "The Voice," but he is not coming back to the show.
Cee Lo Green was joined with another sterling artist from the music industry, Lionel Richie on the talk show.
It was earlier announced singer Shakira will be returning alongside Usher in that "The Voice" Season 6 (2014). They will be replacing Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green. Staying put to judge's panel for yet another season are Blake Shelton and Adam Levine. "The Voice" Season 6 (2014) is set to premiere on Monday, Feb. 24 on NBC.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools