Is ‘Bang Bang’ Jinxed? After Hrithik, Katrina Falls Ill Again
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 20, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Siddharth Anand directorial "Bang Bang" has been facing a bumpy ride ever since last year.
The film is a remake of Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz starrer "Knight and Day" (2010). So there is no doubt the film requires a heavy dosage of action sequences.
And it was during the first leg of the shoot in Thailand that the film's male lead Hrithik Roshan got injured. The actor, who suffered a head injury, had to undergo a minor surgery and treatment in the US later, in order to stablise his condition, leading to massive delay in the film's schedules.
However, the actor attempted to make up for the hold-up by allotting bulk dates for the film's schedule in Shimla this year. But just as things seemed to be getting back to normal for "Bang Bang", reports of female lead Katrina Kaif facing a health scare has surfaced.
The actress has reportedly been not in the best of health of late, and her condition has reportedly led to the cancellation of the film's shoot on Wednesday.
"Katrina has been under the weather for the past few months. Even while shooting for 'Dhoom 3', she had to vigorously rehearse her trapeze movements and this in turn contributed to her ill-health. Post this shoot, she started work on 'Jagga Jasoos', 'Phantom' and now she is shooting for 'Bang Bang'. She fell ill during her US tour, when she was down with flu again. And with the freezing weather in Shimla and Manali, she fell sick once more. So the director decided to give her a break," informed a source to Mid Day.
However, another source stated the shoot was suspended due to location issues. Whichever way, the delay in the film's schedule is certainly an unwelcome development.
The shoot related woes of "Bang Bang" would remind many of Salman Khan's "Jai Ho." The superstar and his brother (and director) Sohail Khan had to face several obstacles during the making of the film, which all ultimately led to a delay in its release. The much-hyped film finally released this January but shocked everyone, by garnering average response from the audience, compared to Salman's previous films.
Now the big question is will Hrithik-Katrina starrer "Bang Bang" meet the same fate? Will it also be jinxed?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu