Is ‘Bang Bang’ Jinxed? After Hrithik, Katrina Falls Ill Again
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 20, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Siddharth Anand directorial "Bang Bang" has been facing a bumpy ride ever since last year.
The film is a remake of Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz starrer "Knight and Day" (2010). So there is no doubt the film requires a heavy dosage of action sequences.
And it was during the first leg of the shoot in Thailand that the film's male lead Hrithik Roshan got injured. The actor, who suffered a head injury, had to undergo a minor surgery and treatment in the US later, in order to stablise his condition, leading to massive delay in the film's schedules.
However, the actor attempted to make up for the hold-up by allotting bulk dates for the film's schedule in Shimla this year. But just as things seemed to be getting back to normal for "Bang Bang", reports of female lead Katrina Kaif facing a health scare has surfaced.
The actress has reportedly been not in the best of health of late, and her condition has reportedly led to the cancellation of the film's shoot on Wednesday.
"Katrina has been under the weather for the past few months. Even while shooting for 'Dhoom 3', she had to vigorously rehearse her trapeze movements and this in turn contributed to her ill-health. Post this shoot, she started work on 'Jagga Jasoos', 'Phantom' and now she is shooting for 'Bang Bang'. She fell ill during her US tour, when she was down with flu again. And with the freezing weather in Shimla and Manali, she fell sick once more. So the director decided to give her a break," informed a source to Mid Day.
However, another source stated the shoot was suspended due to location issues. Whichever way, the delay in the film's schedule is certainly an unwelcome development.
The shoot related woes of "Bang Bang" would remind many of Salman Khan's "Jai Ho." The superstar and his brother (and director) Sohail Khan had to face several obstacles during the making of the film, which all ultimately led to a delay in its release. The much-hyped film finally released this January but shocked everyone, by garnering average response from the audience, compared to Salman's previous films.
Now the big question is will Hrithik-Katrina starrer "Bang Bang" meet the same fate? Will it also be jinxed?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’