Is ‘Bang Bang’ Jinxed? After Hrithik, Katrina Falls Ill Again
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 20, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Siddharth Anand directorial "Bang Bang" has been facing a bumpy ride ever since last year.
The film is a remake of Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz starrer "Knight and Day" (2010). So there is no doubt the film requires a heavy dosage of action sequences.
And it was during the first leg of the shoot in Thailand that the film's male lead Hrithik Roshan got injured. The actor, who suffered a head injury, had to undergo a minor surgery and treatment in the US later, in order to stablise his condition, leading to massive delay in the film's schedules.
However, the actor attempted to make up for the hold-up by allotting bulk dates for the film's schedule in Shimla this year. But just as things seemed to be getting back to normal for "Bang Bang", reports of female lead Katrina Kaif facing a health scare has surfaced.
The actress has reportedly been not in the best of health of late, and her condition has reportedly led to the cancellation of the film's shoot on Wednesday.
"Katrina has been under the weather for the past few months. Even while shooting for 'Dhoom 3', she had to vigorously rehearse her trapeze movements and this in turn contributed to her ill-health. Post this shoot, she started work on 'Jagga Jasoos', 'Phantom' and now she is shooting for 'Bang Bang'. She fell ill during her US tour, when she was down with flu again. And with the freezing weather in Shimla and Manali, she fell sick once more. So the director decided to give her a break," informed a source to Mid Day.
However, another source stated the shoot was suspended due to location issues. Whichever way, the delay in the film's schedule is certainly an unwelcome development.
The shoot related woes of "Bang Bang" would remind many of Salman Khan's "Jai Ho." The superstar and his brother (and director) Sohail Khan had to face several obstacles during the making of the film, which all ultimately led to a delay in its release. The much-hyped film finally released this January but shocked everyone, by garnering average response from the audience, compared to Salman's previous films.
Now the big question is will Hrithik-Katrina starrer "Bang Bang" meet the same fate? Will it also be jinxed?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected