Is ‘Bang Bang’ Jinxed? After Hrithik, Katrina Falls Ill Again
By Arijita Bhowmik | February 20, 2014 7:40 PM EST
Siddharth Anand directorial "Bang Bang" has been facing a bumpy ride ever since last year.
The film is a remake of Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz starrer "Knight and Day" (2010). So there is no doubt the film requires a heavy dosage of action sequences.
And it was during the first leg of the shoot in Thailand that the film's male lead Hrithik Roshan got injured. The actor, who suffered a head injury, had to undergo a minor surgery and treatment in the US later, in order to stablise his condition, leading to massive delay in the film's schedules.
However, the actor attempted to make up for the hold-up by allotting bulk dates for the film's schedule in Shimla this year. But just as things seemed to be getting back to normal for "Bang Bang", reports of female lead Katrina Kaif facing a health scare has surfaced.
The actress has reportedly been not in the best of health of late, and her condition has reportedly led to the cancellation of the film's shoot on Wednesday.
"Katrina has been under the weather for the past few months. Even while shooting for 'Dhoom 3', she had to vigorously rehearse her trapeze movements and this in turn contributed to her ill-health. Post this shoot, she started work on 'Jagga Jasoos', 'Phantom' and now she is shooting for 'Bang Bang'. She fell ill during her US tour, when she was down with flu again. And with the freezing weather in Shimla and Manali, she fell sick once more. So the director decided to give her a break," informed a source to Mid Day.
However, another source stated the shoot was suspended due to location issues. Whichever way, the delay in the film's schedule is certainly an unwelcome development.
The shoot related woes of "Bang Bang" would remind many of Salman Khan's "Jai Ho." The superstar and his brother (and director) Sohail Khan had to face several obstacles during the making of the film, which all ultimately led to a delay in its release. The much-hyped film finally released this January but shocked everyone, by garnering average response from the audience, compared to Salman's previous films.
Now the big question is will Hrithik-Katrina starrer "Bang Bang" meet the same fate? Will it also be jinxed?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?