'Fantastic Four' Reboot with Teller, Mara, Bell and Jordan Story Revealed; Plot Based Around Original Comic Book
By Johnlee Varghese | February 20, 2014 7:31 PM EST
Fox has reportedly assembled its team for the "Fantastic Four" reboot, scheduled to be released in June 2015. The new cast in the latest installment will have Miles Teller, Kate Mara and Jamie Bell, joining Michael B. Jordan, who will play Johnny Storm/Human Torch.
However, fans have already started voicing their concerns about the casting news, specifically about Bell’s role as The Thing.
I'm less distracted by the Human Torch being black than I am we went from Michael Chiklis to Jamie Bell for Ben Grimm.
— Nick Jobe (@nicholasjobe) February 20, 2014
BTW, I do think that Jamie Bell as Ben Grimm is FREAKING WEIRD. I like Bell but that seems very off. Michael B. Jordan as Johnny? Love it. — Eric Goldman (@EricIGN) February 20, 2014
While the apprehension of the fans is understandable, the choice might work out for Fox, considering that Fantastic Four reboot will be centered around the original story as found in the comic books.
The plot it is revealed will start from the beginning of Fantastic Four and tell the story of young boys Reed and Ben, before their transformation. Under The Gun Review based on the synopsis of the movie revealed that the plot of the story will start with the younger days of Reed and Ben. Here is the plot:
"'The Fantastic Four’ will tell the story of two very young friends, Reed Richards and Ben Grimm. After an event transforms the boys, they find themselves empowered with bizarre new abilities. Reed becomes a scientific genius who can stretch, twist and re-shape his body to inhuman proportions. Ben becomes a monstrous, craggy humanoid with orange, rock-like skin and super strength. However, the two end up being owned by the government and used as weapons. But after they mature, two others with powers come into the picture – Sue Storm 'The Invisible Girl' and Johnny Storm 'The Human Torch.'”
The new cast for the Fantastic Four, however, will not be complete without a villian, which it is expected will be Doctor Doom. The Fantastic Four comic book Fans will remember that it was in his college days in New York that Reed Richards met the two important individuals in his life - Benjamin J. Grimm,who becomes his best friend and Victor von Doom aka Doctor Doom, his immortal enemy.
Most of the juice for the Fantastic Four 2015 movie will be coming from the original comic book and at this point, it will be interesting to see,who Fox is going to take for the role of Doctor Doom.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate