‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ First Look: Official Trailer Released; Introduces New Characters to Watch Out For from the Marvel Universe [VIDEOS]
By jaskiran kaur | February 20, 2014 7:00 PM EST
Fans must brace themselves, as Marvel's new superhero film is almost here. To give its fans a bit of action taking place in the outer space and a bit of comedy by the outlandish creatures who call themselves guardians of the galaxy, here is a new film from the Marvel Studios. Fans were able to take the first look at Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy" in 15 seconds teaser trailer followed by 2 minutes 30 seconds official trailer released on Feb. 18.
By the look of the trailer, it seems that "Guardians of the Galaxy" could very well be the film that fans have been clamoring for over the past few years. Marvel introduces new host of characters in "Guardians of the Galaxy" also referred as the GOTG.
The brand new trailer of the film, centers on the introduction of outlandish creatures like Rocket Raccoon and Groot playing the central role in the movie. The trailer features larger-than-life, Marvel style action, packed with powerful stunts and supremely impressive special effects.
The Opening shot of the trailers, shows gives the first look at Peter Quill (Christ Pratt) who sneaks in Korath's territory. He calls himself Star-Lord. Peter Quill had troubled childhood and was eventually taken from the Earth in the 1980s. Owing to his troubled childhood, he has grown up to become a scoundrel of sorts, wandering around the space. He joins the team of the "Guardians of the Galaxy" to give meaning to his life.
First few moments of the trailer shows Korath the Pursuer (Djimon Hounsou) who asks the trespasser (Peter Quill) "who are you?" Korath is a Kree, a race with blue-skinned bodies. He is an associate of super villains from the Marvel universe, Ronan and Thanos.
The trailer then shifts to Rhomann Dey played by John C. Reilly. He is the premiere officer of the Nova Corps. He is the one who introduces his team with the team who call themselves "Guardians of the Galaxy" or GOTG. Dey mentions that GOTG members were arrested on Xander.
The team of "Guardians of the Galaxy" consists of 5 members including Peter Quill. The first up on the list is Drax also known as Drax the Destroyer. He is muscular and rugged character is played by actor David Batuista, who is also a professional wrestler. Drax is a warrior driven by his feelings of revenge from the Ronan who assassinated his family.
Zoe Saldana plays the role of Gamora who is the adopted daughter of the most powerful villain Thanos and ally of Ronan, Korath and Nebula. Her mission in life is to find her own way of life.
With Bradley Cooper's voice, another GOTG is Rocket Raccoon. He is genetically engineered raccoon who is an asset to the team owing to his sharpshooter's skills. Another weird character on the team is Groot who is a tree-like humanoid. With the voice of Hollywood actor Vin Diesel, Groot plays the role of Rocket Raccoon's co-conspirator.
Some of the other characters the official trailer of "Guardians of the Galaxy" features include Nebula played by "Doctor Who" actress Karen Gillan. She is an associate of Thanos as well as the baddie of the Marvel's new venture. She also claims to be the granddaughter of Thanos which is a lie that she will make Thanos unhappy with.
The trailer also gives its fans a glimpse of Benicio del Toro's The Collector. He was first introduced in the credits of Marvel's "Thor: Dark World." He is one of the most powerful members of the group called the Elders of the Universe. Another character to take note of is Lee Pace playing Ronan, who is Thanos' "psycho," and monstrous accomplice and admiral.
American writer, director and cartoonist James Gunn wrote and directed Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy." The film is scheduled to release on Aug. 1, 2014.
Watch the 15 seconds and the full length official trailer of "Guardians of the Galaxy," below:
Video: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy 15 Second Trailer Teaser
Credit: Youtube.com/ Marvel Entertainment
Video: World Premiere of First Guardians of the Galaxy Trailer
Credit: youtube.com/ Jimmy Kimmel Live
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date