2014 BRIT Awards Highlights: Lorde Did it Again, Harry Styles is Missing, David Bowie’s Best Speech Ever! [PHOTOS]
February 20, 2014 6:57 PM EST
2014 Brit Awards Highlights: Lorde Did it Again, Harry Styles is Missing, David Bowie’s Best Speech Ever!
The 34th annual BRIT Awards is another star studded event with A-list celebrities in attendance including Beyonce, One Direction, Katy Perry, Lorde and Prince. The red carpet event was held at The O2 Arena in London and was hosted by Jamed Corden for the fourth consecutive year.
The big winner of the prestigious music awards goes to One Direction and Arctic Monkey for winning two awards each. One Direction took home the Global Success award and British Video of the Year for their song "Best Song Ever." Arctic Monkey got the British Group award and Mastercard British Album of the Year for their album "AM."
Other winners include Sam Smith for Critics' Choice, Ellie Goulding for British Female Solo Artist, David Bowie for British Male Solo Artist, Bastille for British Breakthrough Act, Rudimental for British Single for this song "Waiting All Night" and Bruno Mars for International Male Solo Artist.
New Zealand-based singer Lorde did it again as she took home the International Female Solo Artist award and beating the likes of Pink and Katy Perry. The 17-year-old singer also performed another version of her hit song "Royals" with English production duo Disclosure.
Even without showing up, David Bowie's victory as one of the event's surreal moment when Noel Gallagher came on to announce the winner and said laughing: "You maniacs didn't think David Bowie was actually going to be here, did you? He's too cool for that, he wouldn't do this sh*t."
So instead of David Bowie accepting his award, Kate Moss went up to the stage wearing Ziggy Stardust-era stage costume and read a statement from Bowie, "In Japanese myth, the rabbits on my old costume, that Kate's wearing, live on the moon. Kate comes from Venus, and I from Mars. So that's nice. I'm completely delighted to have a BRIT for being best male and I am -- aren't I, Kate?" Moss nodded, as Gallagher responded with a "yes."
She concluded the speech by saying, "I think it's a great way to end the day. Thank you very, very much. And Scotland, stay with us."
Another comic moment of the show is when One Direction's Harry Styles went missing during the time when his group was about to accept their first award of the night. After searching for a few minutes, Styles was running to the stage and grabbed the microphone saying: "I'm really sorry, I was having a wee. The toilets are ages away. Um, what did we win?"
American artists also made a spectacle in the 2014 BRIT Awards with Katy Perry dressed in Egyptian costume as she performs "Dark Horse" and Beyonce for her world first performance of "XO."
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points