The BRIT Awards Making Waves with Awards for New, Rising Artists Bastille
By Maychelle Ornos | February 20, 2014 6:49 PM EST
The rising new artists in Britain were recognized in the recently concluded BRIT Awards which was phenomenal in terms of performances from famous and some new rising stars both in the international and British music scene. It was a treat for the eyes and ears when Disclosure, Bastille, Lorde and other artists were given recognition and credit. This is one of the biggest nights for the British music industry and everyone hoped that it was better than last year's BRIT Awards.
Members of Bastille react after being presented with the British Breakthrough Act award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
There are many rising new artists in the British music scene and the award for the British Breakthrough Act is one of the awards that they are eyeing for. There is tough competition this year as several of the nominees are already packing with various hit songs from their debut album.
The nominees for the British Breakthrough Act of 2014 are Disclosure, Laura Mvula, London Grammar, Tom Odell and Bastille. There is only one winner for this category and one new artists will have the honor of having the Brit trophy and this may make them more successful in their music career.
Disclosure and Bastille were already leading with hit songs on their belt to boot, according to the Mirror. Bastille hit song "Pompeii" is already conquering international airwaves which may be the reason why the band has won the said award. They even beat London Grammar who were predicted to be winners for the said category.
The band said that they never expected to win the award but is grateful. They were also nominated for the British Album, British Single and British Group which makes it a night full of nominations for the band.
The interesting thing about the band is that they don't think of themselves as a rock band even though their songs have been popular in the rock and pop genre, according to Radio.com. More can be expected from the band as they are still starting to make their way to the top and be recognized in the international music scene.
The band is incorporating heavy guitar and riffs in their new songs which is something to look forward to for most British Pop and Rock enthusiasts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone