The BRIT Awards Making Waves with Awards for New, Rising Artists Bastille
By Maychelle Ornos | February 20, 2014 6:49 PM EST
The rising new artists in Britain were recognized in the recently concluded BRIT Awards which was phenomenal in terms of performances from famous and some new rising stars both in the international and British music scene. It was a treat for the eyes and ears when Disclosure, Bastille, Lorde and other artists were given recognition and credit. This is one of the biggest nights for the British music industry and everyone hoped that it was better than last year's BRIT Awards.
Members of Bastille react after being presented with the British Breakthrough Act award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
There are many rising new artists in the British music scene and the award for the British Breakthrough Act is one of the awards that they are eyeing for. There is tough competition this year as several of the nominees are already packing with various hit songs from their debut album.
The nominees for the British Breakthrough Act of 2014 are Disclosure, Laura Mvula, London Grammar, Tom Odell and Bastille. There is only one winner for this category and one new artists will have the honor of having the Brit trophy and this may make them more successful in their music career.
Disclosure and Bastille were already leading with hit songs on their belt to boot, according to the Mirror. Bastille hit song "Pompeii" is already conquering international airwaves which may be the reason why the band has won the said award. They even beat London Grammar who were predicted to be winners for the said category.
The band said that they never expected to win the award but is grateful. They were also nominated for the British Album, British Single and British Group which makes it a night full of nominations for the band.
The interesting thing about the band is that they don't think of themselves as a rock band even though their songs have been popular in the rock and pop genre, according to Radio.com. More can be expected from the band as they are still starting to make their way to the top and be recognized in the international music scene.
The band is incorporating heavy guitar and riffs in their new songs which is something to look forward to for most British Pop and Rock enthusiasts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner Party with Chris Brown, Take Group Selfies with Rapper and his Friends
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Richard Norris' Successful Face Transplant Lands Him in GQ Cover [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- A Mother Of Two Dies While Undergoing Stem Cell Treatment
- Breaking Discovery: Industrial Pollution Reached South Pole by 19th Century
- Human Guinea Pigs for Google Health Projects