The BRIT Awards Making Waves with Awards for New, Rising Artists Bastille
By Maychelle Ornos | February 20, 2014 6:49 PM EST
The rising new artists in Britain were recognized in the recently concluded BRIT Awards which was phenomenal in terms of performances from famous and some new rising stars both in the international and British music scene. It was a treat for the eyes and ears when Disclosure, Bastille, Lorde and other artists were given recognition and credit. This is one of the biggest nights for the British music industry and everyone hoped that it was better than last year's BRIT Awards.
Members of Bastille react after being presented with the British Breakthrough Act award at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014.
There are many rising new artists in the British music scene and the award for the British Breakthrough Act is one of the awards that they are eyeing for. There is tough competition this year as several of the nominees are already packing with various hit songs from their debut album.
The nominees for the British Breakthrough Act of 2014 are Disclosure, Laura Mvula, London Grammar, Tom Odell and Bastille. There is only one winner for this category and one new artists will have the honor of having the Brit trophy and this may make them more successful in their music career.
Disclosure and Bastille were already leading with hit songs on their belt to boot, according to the Mirror. Bastille hit song "Pompeii" is already conquering international airwaves which may be the reason why the band has won the said award. They even beat London Grammar who were predicted to be winners for the said category.
The band said that they never expected to win the award but is grateful. They were also nominated for the British Album, British Single and British Group which makes it a night full of nominations for the band.
The interesting thing about the band is that they don't think of themselves as a rock band even though their songs have been popular in the rock and pop genre, according to Radio.com. More can be expected from the band as they are still starting to make their way to the top and be recognized in the international music scene.
The band is incorporating heavy guitar and riffs in their new songs which is something to look forward to for most British Pop and Rock enthusiasts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery