Katy Perry is a Dancing Neon Coloured Egyptian for 'Dark Horse' Performance at the 2014 BRIT Awards [WATCH VIDEO]
By nidhi tewari | February 20, 2014 6:06 PM EST
Katy Perry is basking in the glory of her successful album "Prism" and at the Brit Awards 2014 even in London's O2 Arena the singer performed her hit number "Dark Horse." The singer loves to surprise the audience with her spectacular choice of colours and theme for her performances and this time she was an Egyptian. Katy was all neon-coloured - orange and green dancing Egyptian.
Singer Katy Perry performs at the BRIT Awards, celebrating British pop music, at the O2 Arena in London February 19, 2014. REUTERS/Toby Melville
Katy has been a Japanese Giesha for one of her earlier performances but this time she took out her inner diva in the form of a dancing and singing Egyptian lady. The 29-year-old singer enthralled the audience with a bevy of backup dancers and singers.
Katy also presented an award that evening on stage for Best British Single. Though the "Roar" singer was up for the International Female Solo Artist award, it was swept away by singer Lorde. Katy's dress for the evening was designed by designer Nicolas Jebran. Katy wore a neon orange and neon green bodysuit.
Katy's hairstyle was a combination of bangs and poker straight looks. She rocked it with her troupe and gave her best performance on "Dark Horse." There was speculation in the media that Katy Perry has gotten engaged to her longtime boyfriend and singer John Mayer.
The 36-year-old singer/songwriter Mayer was spotted with the "Roar" singer having a dinner together. Katy was wearing a huge diamond ring on her finger. The singer looked happy and cheerful with John. However, a source close to US Weekly has denied that Katy and Mayor are engaged.
"It's not true. They are not engaged. It was a romantic Valentine's Day dinner for the two of them in a private spot but there was no proposal... the dinner was sweet but low-key," the source told US Weekly.
Meanwhile check out the music video below where Katy Perry is seen is giving a power packed performance of her hit number "Dark Horse." Don't miss out on the beautiful neon colours ( orange and green) that the singer has chosen to wear for her performance. Enjoy the video below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch