Jeremy Lin To Boston Celtics? Rockets Could Include Linsanity in Package to Beantown for Rajon Rondo
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 20, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Jeremy Lin could be included in the package the Houston Rockets are preparing to acquire Boston Celtics All-Star playmaker Rajon Rondo before Thursday's trade deadline, a source close to situation reported on Wednesday.
James Harden and Jeremy Lin will look to lead the Houston Rockets past the Oklahoma City Thunder
With the Rockets-Celtics trade rumour continues to heat up, Lin's name is being thrown as one of the major trade chips to make the deal happen before the deadline.
Lin is averaging 14 points and 4 assists per game, but his contribution for the Rockets as the leading bench scorer for the team has been immense.
Earlier this week, there are reports the New York Knicks are interested in bringing back Lin in a trade involving Iman Shumpert and Tim Hardaway Jr.
"The New York Knicks are desperate to make an upgrade at point guard, and they apparently have interest in bringing back Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin, according to ESPN's Chad Ford on Grantland's Bill Simmons' podcast," reported SB Nation.
However, the Knickerbockers are apparently leaning towards acquiring Toronto Raptors Kyle Lowry with the Rockets interested to include Lin in their ongoing negotiation with the Celtics for Rondo.
Lin in Rondo Trade
The Celtics previously expressed interest in acquiring disgruntled center Omer Asik, but a proposed three-team trade hit a snag as the Cleveland Cavaliers didn't want to acquire Jeff Green at that point. Still, Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey and Celtics GM Danny Ainge have kept their lines open for another major deal at the 11th hour of the trade window.
In the latest trade rumor, the Rockets are reportedly willing to send a handful of their young talents (Terrence Jones, Patrick Beverley and Asik) and draft picks for the chance in acquiring the two-time assist champion in Rondo.
However, the Celtics are demanding the Rockets to include blossoming small forward Chandler Parsons in the trade package, giving Morey some second thought on the deal.
Lin could be the x-factor in the deal for the Rockets to pull off the deal. Lin, who played his college basketball days at Harvard University, has shown great improvement this season, particularly his shooting and decision-making skills.
Though his $15 million contract next might be a stumbling block, Lin is worth the risk since he has proven to be a high-risk, high-reward player. Giving Lin the chance to start and run the Celtics offense will help him recapture his old form during his run with the Knicks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown