Jeremy Lin To Boston Celtics? Rockets Could Include Linsanity in Package to Beantown for Rajon Rondo
By Lou Ramon Aguila | February 20, 2014 5:35 PM EST
Jeremy Lin could be included in the package the Houston Rockets are preparing to acquire Boston Celtics All-Star playmaker Rajon Rondo before Thursday's trade deadline, a source close to situation reported on Wednesday.
James Harden and Jeremy Lin will look to lead the Houston Rockets past the Oklahoma City Thunder
With the Rockets-Celtics trade rumour continues to heat up, Lin's name is being thrown as one of the major trade chips to make the deal happen before the deadline.
Lin is averaging 14 points and 4 assists per game, but his contribution for the Rockets as the leading bench scorer for the team has been immense.
Earlier this week, there are reports the New York Knicks are interested in bringing back Lin in a trade involving Iman Shumpert and Tim Hardaway Jr.
"The New York Knicks are desperate to make an upgrade at point guard, and they apparently have interest in bringing back Houston Rockets point guard Jeremy Lin, according to ESPN's Chad Ford on Grantland's Bill Simmons' podcast," reported SB Nation.
However, the Knickerbockers are apparently leaning towards acquiring Toronto Raptors Kyle Lowry with the Rockets interested to include Lin in their ongoing negotiation with the Celtics for Rondo.
Lin in Rondo Trade
The Celtics previously expressed interest in acquiring disgruntled center Omer Asik, but a proposed three-team trade hit a snag as the Cleveland Cavaliers didn't want to acquire Jeff Green at that point. Still, Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey and Celtics GM Danny Ainge have kept their lines open for another major deal at the 11th hour of the trade window.
In the latest trade rumor, the Rockets are reportedly willing to send a handful of their young talents (Terrence Jones, Patrick Beverley and Asik) and draft picks for the chance in acquiring the two-time assist champion in Rondo.
However, the Celtics are demanding the Rockets to include blossoming small forward Chandler Parsons in the trade package, giving Morey some second thought on the deal.
Lin could be the x-factor in the deal for the Rockets to pull off the deal. Lin, who played his college basketball days at Harvard University, has shown great improvement this season, particularly his shooting and decision-making skills.
Though his $15 million contract next might be a stumbling block, Lin is worth the risk since he has proven to be a high-risk, high-reward player. Giving Lin the chance to start and run the Celtics offense will help him recapture his old form during his run with the Knicks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- WWE SummerSlam Results & Highlights: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton
- Australian BASE Jumper Killed in French Alps
- Splint-Free Rafael Nadal in Intense Practice for US Open Campaign
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- US, Canada Labour Activists ‘Block the Boat for Gaza’ Succeed in Blocking Docking of Israeli Ship in California Port
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Larger 5.5inch iPhone 6 Variant Will Roll Out in the Market as ‘iPhone 6L’
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff